Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Well it all came good in the end, as it will for each one of you, with a little (or a lot) of patience. 13 months was time for plenty of dreaming and anticipation, and the drive to the detailer in Stevenage from the dealer in Crawley was a breeze, the ACC and Lane Assist feeling like it was on auto-pilot. The heated seats are dreamy too, it’s very comfortable. I can’t wait for a long trip, but it will be a while yet.
And so as I unwatch this thread I wish you all a speedy delivery and will see you on some brighter threads.
Good luck, and thanks for bearing with me and keeping my spirits up.
Cheers :cheers

View attachment 86275View attachment 86276View attachment 86277
Nice pics, nice van and a great numberplate! Enjoy the open road - I guess we all hope to join you soon!

Well it all came good in the end, as it will for each one of you, with a little (or a lot) of patience. 13 months was time for plenty of dreaming and anticipation, and the drive to the detailer in Stevenage from the dealer in Crawley was a breeze, the ACC and Lane Assist feeling like it was on auto-pilot. The heated seats are dreamy too, it’s very comfortable. I can’t wait for a long trip, but it will be a while yet.
And so as I unwatch this thread I wish you all a speedy delivery and will see you on some brighter threads.

I love this post! Enjoy! Photos are great.

Congrats Tim after the long wait. Great looking van. Now the real fun starts! Enjoy :)

Lovely looking van @66tim99 , you must be well chuffed, plus nice to hear you’re getting it detailed. We did that with our new car this year and although I was a tad sceptical because of the cost, it was well worth it and the car never looks dirty and is a breeze to keep clean. Let us know how it goes :thumb

What a beautiful van! Well done and looking forward to your coming adventures!

Have a provisional build week for my Ocean! Ordered 27 April 2021 in Ireland. Provisional build week 16. If I understand correctly, it’s week of the 18 April 2022.

Loving ascot grey - had selected indium grey -but you’ve changed my mind!
I’m very happy with it. Initially wished it was darker definite grey, as this pale colour can look sandy in sunlight. Seems to subtly change colour in different lights, I suppose like white, but it recedes more than white into its surroundings. Understated, classic (Porsche used to use similar pale grey and have reintroduced it recently) and classy. And the £900 saving is sweet too. Nearly ordered Bay Leaf 2-tone but glad I swapped (and saved £2800!).
Rolls Royce have a similar colour they call English White.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?

I’m very happy with it. Initially wished it was darker definite grey, as this pale colour can look sandy in sunlight. Seems to subtly change colour in different lights, I suppose like white, but it recedes more than white into its surroundings. Understated, classic (Porsche used to use similar pale grey and have reintroduced it recently) and classy. And the £900 saving is sweet too. Nearly ordered Bay Leaf 2-tone but glad I swapped (and saved £2800!).
Rolls Royce have a similar colour they call English White.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?
Looks great. We have an Ascot Grey Coast on order from Breeze - seriously considering a pale blue lower wrap - something like Porsche Meissen blue...

Just had a message from my dealer that my ocean 4 motion has left the factory and on the way to emden port. OMG ! It does actually finally happen at some point , but something wanted to mention that i noticed today that the mwVW website where you can put in your vin number when you have one was just showing day after day a sketch of a vw car not van, then this morning i popped my vin number in and my black cali popped up on the screen with all my details re terisna wheels etc and wood floor, and i jumped back in chair with some kind of expletive! hours after this my dealer shows me the report saying its heading for port, so if your cali appears as a real image online then the wait is so tantalisingly close to be over. it really does come along , mines not even here yet and maybe over a couple of weeks away or more but at least its out of the gates of the factory which in itself is a major moment for sure :). ps i ordered january the 21st and was told it would be march , but then went on to be build week 38... if that helps anyone

Just had a message from my dealer that my ocean 4 motion has left the factory and on the way to emden port. OMG ! It does actually finally happen at some point , but something wanted to mention that i noticed today that the mwVW website where you can put in your vin number when you have one was just showing day after day a sketch of a vw car not van, then this morning i popped my vin number in and my black cali popped up on the screen with all my details re terisna wheels etc and wood floor, and i jumped back in chair with some kind of expletive! hours after this my dealer shows me the report saying its heading for port, so if your cali appears as a real image online then the wait is so tantalisingly close to be over. it really does come along , mines not even here yet and maybe over a couple of weeks away or more but at least its out of the gates of the factory which in itself is a major moment for sure :)
Great stuff!! When did you order?

so sorry should have put i ordered on the 21st january and it was week 38 build , but was told in january it would be march lol
Not too bad then I guess!! You must be pretty excited now though. Don’t forget we want to see plenty of pictures when it arrives with you!

so sorry should have put i ordered on the 21st january and it was week 38 build , but was told in january it would be march lol
@V-J thanks for that, hadn't seen this before, meant to be collecting on Friday, very exciting
6cbabf6d7042d6e049fd2b0ef0e7cfc4.jpg

Just had a message from my dealer that my ocean 4 motion has left the factory and on the way to emden port. OMG ! It does actually finally happen at some point , but something wanted to mention that i noticed today that the mwVW website where you can put in your vin number when you have one was just showing day after day a sketch of a vw car not van, then this morning i popped my vin number in and my black cali popped up on the screen with all my details re terisna wheels etc and wood floor, and i jumped back in chair with some kind of expletive! hours after this my dealer shows me the report saying its heading for port, so if your cali appears as a real image online then the wait is so tantalisingly close to be over. it really does come along , mines not even here yet and maybe over a couple of weeks away or more but at least its out of the gates of the factory which in itself is a major moment for sure :). ps i ordered january the 21st and was told it would be march , but then went on to be build week 38... if that helps anyone
That’s very encouraging - that a working system actually exists and it’s not all a mythical journey! I hope your delivery goes well - and take plenty of pics!

That’s very encouraging - that a working system actually exists and it’s not all a mythical journey! I hope your delivery goes well - and take plenty of pics!
will do as i know how much everyone loves seeing them , ive seen enough now and still crave more lol so promise when it arrives i will take tons of shots !!

That day is still a ways off for me but I often wonder if it’s a relief to know it’s on its way, or an even worse form of torture XD

Mine is arriving tomorrow so I won't sleep much tonight! The 298 day wait is almost over .
hahahah great news , apart from the 3am jump out of bed as you dreamt it was pushed off a cliff by the van dealer, joking aside try to sleep well a massive day for you ahead so exciting!

That day is still a ways off for me but I often wonder if it’s a relief to know it’s on its way, or an even worse form of torture XD
i was told yesterday mine has arrived at dock in germany, news i barely could believe, but i think your right im now looking things daily instead of weekly BUT its also enjoyable too now its out of factory doors!!!

Back