Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

K

Kevin Flint

Vehicle
Looking to buy
I get the feeling there are lots of vans stuck at stage 5 in the factory. Mine is as well. Ordered Ocean in early Dec. Dealer and VW Chat don’t know anything more than this.
Ive just had the news of being stuck at stage 5. Down to an ‘Engine Component Issue’.

C

CampingCarnegie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Ooooh just been told my Cali is in build at Production point 3! I’m so excited…..but……. I have no idea what the production points / stages are? I know there’s 8…..anyone know?

Arnoob

Arnoob

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
We were very, very lucky when we ordered a cherry-red Coast in the Netherlands June 10. Our dealer had ordered a car, almost (but not total) completely to our wishes for his own purposes (show it to potential customers). No ACC but we can live with that.
Today we picked up our new Cali (six weeks from ordering to delivery looks like a breaking record to me ..). The salesperson told us this was the last sold car this year, no more production for The Netherlands 2021!

Pollewop

Pollewop

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
We were very, very lucky when we ordered a cherry-red Coast in the Netherlands June 10. Our dealer had ordered a car, almost (but not total) completely to our wishes for his own purposes (show it to potential customers). No ACC but we can live with that.
Today we picked up our new Cali (six weeks from ordering to delivery looks like a breaking record to me ..). The salesperson told us this was the last sold car this year, no more production for The Netherlands 2021!

Mmm, that’s interesting Last month, so in June, a salesperson from a “Camper center in Amersfoort” told me that if we should order a new California, according to our specs, we would be able to drive it in October?! He must have “special friends” in Hannover or else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

P

pluc99

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Mmm, that’s interesting Last month, so in June, a salesperson from a “Camper center in Amersfoort” told me that if we should order a new California, according to our specs, we would be able to drive it in October?! He must have “special friends” in Hannover or else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
October 2022 o_O

I

itguy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Thanks everyone for your kind comments, we really are pleased with it so far.

You’ve twisted my arm to show off the hidden party piece !

I was concerned how red it would make it inside and I’m really pleased to say it really doesn’t at all when I think of the youtube videos I’ve seen of the T6 red roofs…

1DDEDC5F-7063-473C-9638-A366D58EF95A.jpeg
A82CFEB2-6AC0-4289-AD97-1E72FB0612B5.jpeg
0359863D-A80A-45D8-9D50-12EF6457B521.jpeg
0C5653A1-D00B-43DF-993B-88212B11D0B9.jpeg0C5653A1-D00B-43DF-993B-88212B11D0B9.jpeg

T

two-saabs

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi All, Same thing here in Switzerland. Ordered a Coast (150 hp/DSG) in May '21 > ETA, according to dealer: January '22. Well let's see...!?
Reading here and on the German forum I'll be glad to have it delivered in April?
Cheers, Rob
Hey Rob, I'm in Zurich, some info you might find helpful. I just ordered last week and been told there is an estimated build week of 1st week of February 2022, then 7 weeks for the van-to-cali work, with delivery to the dealer / me in March 2022.

"Medium confident" I think were the dealer's words.

M

meryvan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hey Rob, I'm in Zurich, some info you might find helpful. I just ordered last week and been told there is an estimated build week of 1st week of February 2022, then 7 weeks for the van-to-cali work, with delivery to the dealer / me in March 2022.

I ordered in Etoy (close to Lausanne) ocean 150 dsg, copper white, rear camera, side assist and 2 more stuff in December. Still waiting and dealer said it should get build in September and Deliver in November. 11 months, so I would count with at least that

D

Dell

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Not an uncommon story, we had delays back in 2016.

Have a read of this; explains the status codes you can ask your dealer what status it's at.
I put in an order last year for an ocean with a high spec list in early July and was told October initially.
Then due to COVID lockdown restriction they said December or February this year. They then said due to high demands the message I got was July this year, I could understand the situation as there had been backlog because of factory closing down during these hard times and then further delays as I heard from the dealer, there had been difficulty in obtaining electronic components at source, require for the build. All in all after changing spec I have been told March next year. So after 20 months I am hopeful to have delivery of it.

Pollewop

Pollewop

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order

Thanks ! let's wait, a long time, and see if the crystal ball works well this time ;-)
I live in Zug, so AMAG is my dealer, and I find that the staff is really dedicated. Maybe that helps...

ceolgra

ceolgra

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
We have decided to use the waiting time to re-evaluate what we want.
We spoke to dealer as we were told van would not be delivered til feb 2022. After ordering in 2nd jan 2021. We have changed from beach to coast. Still two tone paint bay leaf and white, hitch, aux heater and laminated windows.
No problem changing and luckily got 2021 prices.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

M

meryvan

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We have decided to use the waiting time to re-evaluate what we want.
We spoke to dealer as we were told van would not be delivered til feb 2022. After ordering in 2nd jan 2021. We have changed from beach to coast. Still two tone paint bay leaf and white, hitch, aux heater and laminated windows.
No problem changing and luckily got 2021 prices.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nice choice! bay leaf white was my second option! I still have doubts sometimes!

markab

markab

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Ordered June 2021, been given a build week 4 2022, So I guess delivery April, but would guess with some slippage May+

H

Hetti

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Our December order for an Ocean 204 in Indium Grey is still at production stage 5. It been like this for 4 weeks. I’ve just been told the part causing these delays is the air conditioning compressor unit. Many orders are delayed because of this item. Dealer’s best guess is we’ll have the van in 3 weeks but how long is a piece of string……

VW California Club