Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just posting on here guys as a dealer point of view. I work at Breeze Volkswagen Van Centre Poole and we have taken the decision to communicate the message we have received from Volkswagen regarding price increase to every customer that has a vehicle on order with us.
We did this in the easiest way that we could get it out to our customers. There will be a lot of people who will have panicked by this which is understandable. For most of the people we have on order you won’t actually be effected by the price increase but we would rather communicate it sooner rather than later.
All California’s on order at the moment will have to be registered before the 30th June 2022. If any customers of Breeze would like to ask me any questions or have a discussion on the phone please don’t hesitate to contact me.
tom.davidson@breezemotorgroup.co.uk . I am on day off tomorrow but will be happy to speak on Thursday. If not please speak to Emma or Jon and they will be able to give some piece of mind.
Tom Davidson
Transaction Manager
Breeze Volkswagen Van Centre Poole

From what I understand, if you ordered before 10th Nov 2021 and get it registered and handed over before end of June 2022 then it will be at the ordered price. If you ordered before 10th November 2021 and don’t take delivery until after 30th June 2022 you will pay the price as at 1st December 2021. That’s a 3% increase on the vehicle base price and 2% on any options.
if you’ve ordered after 10th November 2021 there’s no stopping the price rises. (No price protection)

The Grand California is slightly different with a delivery cut off date of 31st March 2022 instead of end of June like the T6.1.

Just posting on here guys as a dealer point of view. I work at Breeze Volkswagen Van Centre Poole and we have taken the decision to communicate the message we have received from Volkswagen regarding price increase to every customer that has a vehicle on order with us.
We did this in the easiest way that we could get it out to our customers. There will be a lot of people who will have panicked by this which is understandable. For most of the people we have on order you won’t actually be effected by the price increase but we would rather communicate it sooner rather than later.
All California’s on order at the moment will have to be registered before the 30th June 2022. If any customers of Breeze would like to ask me any questions or have a discussion on the phone please don’t hesitate to contact me.
tom.davidson@breezemotorgroup.co.uk . I am on day off tomorrow but will be happy to speak on Thursday. If not please speak to Emma or Jon and they will be able to give some piece of mind.
Tom Davidson
Transaction Manager
Breeze Volkswagen Van Centre Poole
I hope the factory and their suppliers are aware of this pending deadline :-O

What has the GC done to deserve a shorter cut off date?

What has the GC done to deserve a shorter cut off date?
I’m all honesty I’m not sure on why this is the case I have asked the question to see if it can fall under the same as California

From what I understand, if you ordered before 10th Nov 2021 and get it registered and handed over before end of June 2022 then it will be at the ordered price. If you ordered before 10th November 2021 and don’t take delivery until after 30th June 2022 you will pay the price as at 1st December 2021. That’s a 3% increase on the vehicle base price and 2% on any options.
if you’ve ordered after 10th November 2021 there’s no stopping the price rises. (No price protection)

The Grand California is slightly different with a delivery cut off date of 31st March 2022 instead of end of June like the T6.1.
This takes me back 2 years when ordering a new Volvo on a longish delivery, and the Brexit hoo-ha of a potential 10% import duty. Tried as I might, I couldn’t get the dealer or Volvo to put in writing the verbal platitudes that the order price would be held. In the end, there were no issues, but it was a bit stressful. I think like many, I’d configured the car to what I could afford, not 10% less!
At least in this scenario, the rules are written down - or most of them. That said, I haven’t seen car makers offering customers a discount when the gas price tumbles ;-)

Solar water heater ,with the installation that you are considering will get you up to about 37c

We've ordered ours mid May, at that time they told us delivery should be April 2022.
Yesterday I've contacted our VW dealer, unfortunately he couldn't promise us weather or not our Cali would be delivered before end of June 2022 :-( since he's still awaiting deliverables which were foreseen for June 2021...
So I've done some research and came up to this German article. http://www.vw-bulli.de/geschichten/produktion-des-california-61-wird-ausgebaut
It says they've upscaled the production to 130 Cali's a day... really?! And they still have such a delay??? How is that possible? To they really have such a backlog on orders?
Of course we remain positive and hope to be able to travel next summer with our new Van #fingerscrossed

Hi all, in case you’ve not seen this yet, California Chris has just issued a factory update on YouTube today….

The delivery quoted for GC’s was quite a surprise. I can see orders on these vehicles increasing.

What do you mean ? Your sceptical about the delevery dates or the increased prospective orders.

What do you mean ? Your sceptical about the delevery dates or the increased prospective orders.
Delivery dates for the GC.
Have you placed an order recently? If so how many weeks since placing the order, and do you have a provisional build week yet?
Just curious.

Never heard so many “Hopefully “ used in a statement!

Placed an order for a GC,absolutely nothing yet.
Ordered 0ctober.

Delivery times seem to be as projected here in Switzerland:

Contacted our salesman at the dealer via email today to check for an update, and got the message that our California is scheduled (not confirmed jet) for production in the beginning of November :).
If this is confirmed we could get our Cali "around Christmas" :bananadance2We ordered end of May...

Well, let's wait and see... :oops:

PS: We ordered a Coast...

Update: Today, upon inquiry; got a message that the scheduled production of our Cali has been "shifted" to 3rd week of January > "Possible" delivery by the dealer "Late February/early March" :oops:

I wonder how it this will continue...

Update: Today, upon inquiry; got a message that the scheduled production of our Cali has been "shifted" to 3rd week of January > "Possible" delivery by the dealer "Late February/early March" :oops:

I wonder how it this will continue...
They're prioritising German Cali orders because of the CO2 penalty, putting Transports and reimports on hold. So while Germans are happily taking delivery of their Aug 2021 orders everyone else is slowed down.

The Swiss market seems to have Dec 2020-Mar 2021 orders currently in build so it's not surprising that your May order is pushed back.

The good news is that once 2022 rolls around the German Cali push should stop in favour of everyone else's. Your WK3 build looks promising.

They're prioritising German Cali orders because of the CO2 penalty, putting Transports and reimports on hold. So while Germans are happily taking delivery of their Aug 2021 orders everyone else is slowed down.

The Swiss market seems to have Dec 2020-Mar 2021 orders currently in build so it's not surprising that your May order is pushed back.

The good news is that once 2022 rolls around the German Cali push should stop in favour of everyone else's. Your WK3 build looks promising.
I ordered ( Ocean ) in April 2021 in Switzerland and got confirmed build week 49. Let’s see if it happens

I FINALLY have happy news from my swiss ocean order! I am monitoring in myvw page and today I got the VIN!!!! I still have the default golf rendering and not the Cali but this is a step forward! My car is finally getting build!
Thank Goodness there isn’t a shortage of Vin Numbers :Iamsorry

Seriously that must be a weight off to know the baby is coming soon :bananadance2:pinkbanana:bananadance2

Last edited:
I FINALLY have happy news from my swiss ocean order! I am monitoring in myvw page and today I got the VIN!!!! I still have the default golf rendering and not the Cali but this is a step forward! My car is finally getting build!
You can expect the Cali pictures around the 27th and then hopefully a delivery in time for Christmas :thumb

You can expect the Cali pictures around the 27th and then hopefully a delivery in time for Christmas :thumb
did you get a confirmation from your dealer about delivery time? I won't be here for Xmas time, so either it comes right before or otherwise I don't "care" if it arrives after.. It would be nice to have it as a bday gift (beginning Jan)

Back