Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

We had a delivery status update today from Liverpool Van Centre today. Our 150DSG Ocean ordered on 1st March 2021 has been built now and is awaiting transfer to Emden by the end of the week. With luck we should be able to collect in early January. This is just as was forecast around 3 weeks ago, which is great news, and we can relax after holding our breath on “parts delays”.
Great news !
I'm a month behind you ordered 31st March. I was told back in early November that my van had a estimated build month of January but not had anything since.The suspense is killing me.

Great news !
I'm a month behind you ordered 31st March. I was told back in early November that my van had a estimated build month of January but not had anything since.The suspense is killing me.
That was when we had an update as well, when the factory messaged out to the dealers. Your build date looks sensible, assuming there no other further glitches in parts supply or factory production.

Here are some shots of my ocean which finally arrived after 1 year of waiting, just posting these to say it does actually happen one day, i love this thing soooooooo much !! I know i craved piccies while i was waiting so please i hope you enjoy !

View attachment 87484

View attachment 87485

View attachment 87486

View attachment 87487

View attachment 87488

View attachment 87489

View attachment 87490

View attachment 87491

View attachment 87506
Awesome pictures…..awesome van :cool:

My ocean is on the ocean! Finally! Dare I ask how long now??!!
a week to 10 days approx ;)
it has to get permission to leave port and the dip at dealer so around that , maybe 2 weeks tops , fingers crossed for you :)

Thanks for that.
a week to 10 days approx ;)
it has to get permission to leave port and the dip at dealer so around that , maybe 2 weeks tops , fingers crossed for you :)
thanks.
Would be wonderful if we had it for Xmas but possibly shortly after more realistic then.

I have the impression that things are going just right with you in the UK: estimated production date, probable period of delivery and with new orders, one and a half to two years waiting time is apparently not stated. The coast also remains in the program. In stark contrast to how things are going with us: ordered californias have disappeared from MyVolkswagen (and this for weeks), dealers don’t know anything anymore, the coast has been removed from the program (for weeks) and yes, a year and a half to two years waiting time is indicated.
Fortunately, the electrification of the model range is progressing well, Wow :rolleyes:
For me they can shift their priorities towards the ordered calis, inform our dealers and built the vans instead of all IDs and many models (electric or not) from their other brands.

Last edited:
I have the impression that things are still going just right with you in the UK: estimated production date, probable period of delivery and with new orders, one and a half to two years waiting time is apparently not stated. The coast also remains in the program. In stark contrast to how things are going with us: ordered californias have disappeared from MyVolkswagen (and this for weeks), dealers don’t know anything anymore, the coast has been removed from the program (for weeks) and yes, a year and a half to two years waiting time is indicated.
Fortunately, the electrification of the model range is progressing well, Wow :rolleyes:
For me they can shift their priorities towards the ordered calis, inform our dealers and built the vans instead of all IDs and many models (electric or not) from their other brands.
This is my sense too. UK orders are progressing, albeit slowly, yet EU deliveries are being throttled. Have a hard time understanding why orders are not being processed on a general 1st come 1st served sequence. A few weeks or a couple of months leap frogging but not 6-9 months. I'm looking at a total 16 month wait presently, for an order placed in 2020.

This is my sense too. UK orders are progressing, albeit slowly, yet EU deliveries are being throttled. Have a hard time understanding why orders are not being processed on a general 1st come 1st served sequence. A few weeks or a couple of months leap frogging but not 6-9 months. I'm looking at a total 16 month wait presently, for an order placed in 2020.
I can beat that, have just about hit 18mth wait on my westy joker. Have hopefully only one or two months to go, but who knows no confirmed delivery yet :thumb

I'm glad I'm not the only one who notices this. Since ordering ours, I got to know a few people from Belgium who ordered one, any version or any which options, and those cars 'disappeared' and the dealer doesn't know what happened. I am also not aware of deliveries of calis that were ordered almost a year to more than a year ago. In the meantime - indeed albeit sparsely - calis are being supplied in the UK. It will also have something to do with the fact that many ‘already ordered’ calis are ordered from intermediate dealers (like Drive The Deal) or what should I call it; MyCalifornia in the Netherlands is also something like that. Still, I find it strange and striking.
Ours was ordered in April 2021… after a cali was delivered in the wrong colour and this one was ordered in August 2020. It's good that we still have our 1991 T4 westfalia california, but somehow I'm looking forward to the new one we ordered. Unfortunately, all data that we could consult regarding production date (or even the order date!) has disappeared and the dealer cannot obtain any information. And so it is with more people.
The last data I could see included an estimated production date of April 6, 2022. This had already been pushed forward several times: November, then “not in 2021” became January, February and then April 2022. Now: gone.
I don't think about canceling yet (or did they cancel it for me??) but come on, this is no longer normal.

Last edited:
4,391 posts about 6.1 Order Delays is definitely not normal!!! This is a painful Club to be in.

4,391 posts about 6.1 Order Delays is definitely not normal!!! This is a painful Club to be in.
Well we have seen people leave us, some after waiting well over a year, some much faster but as @calibusje implies, disappearing vans is not normal (either disappearing without trace or, “sorry but your van got written off in production”) and seems like foul play is at work - maybe some markets carry more weight than others. Maybe with UK vans being RHD they are “safe” from being gazumped which is why you don’t really hear of disappearing UK vans.

Remember a poster on here had a problem with a delivered van, so the dealer managed to fast track a new build with VW… great result for the poster, not so much for the customer who went back to the end of the queue!

for those of you ordering DSG, are you expecting Sport mode? I understood it was removed for 6.1 but just watched a Cali Chris video (uploaded about 1yr ago) and his had Sport mode.

for those of you ordering DSG, are you expecting Sport mode? I understood it was removed for 6.1 but just watched a Cali Chris video (uploaded about 1yr ago) and his had Sport mode.
No more sport mode: apparently no longer necessary due to other settings / spread gearbox. Traveled this summer in a courtesy vehicle (offered due to the delivery of 'our' coast in the wrong colour) and found it to drive very well. It was a 150 horsepower and admittedly I can't compare to one with sport mode or more horsepower.
Greetings

Unfortunatly there is also a big delay in getting vans in Ireland. our van ordered 29th Dec 2020 has had various build dates and the latest news we hear from dealer is it is still on Internal Transfer and it has been stating this on the system since middle of October. we were promised a build date of wk48 back in July and it appears to be still on Internal Transfer!!! thankfully we still have a 97 T4 Camper to keep us going but looking forward to new van hopefully in 2022.

The chances of having our van by Xmas now look slim. What is it doing at Emden all this time?!!!!? About to reach 1yr order anniversary. Tell me it’s all worth it!
We didn't have to wait quite that long, but 100% worth it. Won't be long now and you'll be the talk of your neighbours, all just taking that little bit longer as they come and go, hoping to catch your eye as you polish the van within an inch of it's life, as they hunger for a little demo of the roof and the bed and the fridge and the chairs in the boot and the table in the door and the swivel seats and the.................yeah it's worth it. Of course it is ;) :thumb

We didn't have to wait quite that long, but 100% worth it. Won't be long now and you'll be the talk of your neighbours, all just taking that little bit longer as they come and go, hoping to catch your eye as you polish the van within an inch of it's life, as they hunger for a little demo of the roof and the bed and the fridge and the chairs in the boot and the table in the door and the swivel seats and the.................yeah it's worth it. Of course it is ;) :thumb
understandable; Of course it's worth the wait and that makes sense: you want one, you order one after many hours of thinking about the options, then during -what you think is your waiting time- you order the extra stuff for it and spend hours on several sites and especially this forum but also many YouTube videos. And then come the delays and especially the uncertainty: when? Sure, it’s worth it but they can now build it and wait a while with their electrification of their fleet. Quite sadly that’s my feeling for now.

Was at Eurovans Crawley this morning, 4 Cali’s waiting their owners.

Bay leaf green / white
Starlight Blue
White
Mohave beige

Sports mode was included in the earliest T6.1 iteration and then dropped in subsequent versions. I'm hoping Calibusje is right and that they improved the throttle response to compensate for its absence. If not I'll be getting the DSG remapped.....when I eventually take possession.

Back