Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

If it’s coming into Grimsby I might go and do a bit of Cali spotting, and I must say as a Lancashire man have some decent fish and chips!

Just tried VW chat - no build date yet for my Ocean 150 (Candy White) with order date 17/9/2020

The clock is ticking :(
We are in the same boat as you! Ordered 17/9 Candy White Ocean 150 - I checked yesterday and the order status is still 00...
What extras have you gone for?!

We are in the same boat as you! Ordered 17/9 Candy White Ocean 150 - I checked yesterday and the order status is still 00...
What extras have you gone for?!

Fairly minimal. Candy white, shower, devonport 17” alloys, and mudflaps.

We hired a 6.0 in the summer and didn’t feel the need or expense of many options especially given the base cost. What have you gone for?

I think most people with dates seem to have the bigger engine. VW chat told me they were quoting 19 weeks which would be end of Jan build but I’m praying they were giving a worst case scenario and that we can sneak into December pre b*****.

Fairly minimal. Candy white, shower, devonport 17” alloys, and mudflaps.

We hired a 6.0 in the summer and didn’t feel the need or expense of many options especially given the base cost. What have you gone for?

I think most people with dates seem to have the bigger engine. VW chat told me they were quoting 19 weeks which would be end of Jan build but I’m praying they were giving a worst case scenario and that we can sneak into December pre b*****.
Interesting about the bigger engine - hmmm!
We have gone for wood effect floor, comfort mattress, chrome pack and the removable tow-bar (because our back rack is a tow-bar specific one and we really like it!)
It would be really cool to get them before Christmas but I'm not holding my breath!
I'll just keep watching on here to see what is happening with everyone else - fascinating :)

I meant bike rack!

I ordered my Ocean mid August but no news yet on delivery, I have been trying to find the VW chat option people have mentioned but I cant seem to find it, can anyone offer a link?

I ordered my Ocean mid August but no news yet on delivery, I have been trying to find the VW chat option people have mentioned but I cant seem to find it, can anyone offer a link?

Go to VW commercials site. Needs to be between 2pm and 10pm I think. Should appear on any page in bottom right hand corner. It’s the blue speech bubble. FD935485-0E12-4D85-A473-505A6A562B4B.png

Go to VW commercials site. Needs to be between 2pm and 10pm I think. Should appear on any page in bottom right hand corner. It’s the blue speech bubble. View attachment 67477

8am to 10pm. You have to wait a few seconds for it to appear.

Interesting thread. I just checked and our van has moved forward a week to build week 44. The chat line was brilliant, I didn't even need the order number.

Interesting thread. I just checked and our van has moved forward a week to build week 44. The chat line was brilliant, I didn't even need the order number.

What’s your spec and order date if you don’t mind me asking?

What’s your spec and order date if you don’t mind me asking?
California Ocean, Two Tone, 4motion. A detailed spec is in the Introduce Yourself Forum under the 'What have I done?' post. Ordered from Liverpool VW Van Centre. It was ordered on 2nd September

Just been on the VW chat and our order from 11 September is still awaiting a build date. All they have said is that the order was accepted by the factory on 17/9. I'm still pinning my hopes on a pre B***** no deal delivery, but it's getting a bit close for comfort....

Just been on the VW chat and our order from 11 September is still awaiting a build date. All they have said is that the order was accepted by the factory on 17/9. I'm still pinning my hopes on a pre B***** no deal delivery, but it's getting a bit close for comfort....

Have you decided what you will do Phil if it gets the tax added on?!
I ordered 30/9 so would assume after you but then somebody posted an interesting point on another thread about dealers having a certain number allocated to them based on last years sales?!

ordered Coast 3 weeks ago, still waiting for factory to accept the order!

Ordered a Coast on Aug 11 with a single option (rear view camera). Being built this week!

Ordered a Coast on Aug 11 with a single option (rear view camera). Being built this week!
Wow that was very restrained of you - what colour did you go for?
So how many more weeks to you guess until delivery?
I ordered a Coast 30-9

Wow that was very restrained of you - what colour did you go for?

Yeah! Am going for the “core experience”. I went for Pearl Effect Black, because that is the best colour!:cool:

So how many more weeks to you guess until delivery?

About 6 weeks I think. VW Chat said:

It takes around 2 weeks to be built and 2-3 days in transit from the Factory. It can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days and 2-3 days to ship. It can be another 7-10 working days in the UK port and approximately 24-48 hours to deliver to the Van Centre. It can take 24-48 hours to perform all the necessary checks and for the Van Centre to call to arrange the handover of the vehicle.

Yeah! Am going for the “core experience”. I went for Pearl Effect Black, because that is the best colour!:cool:

About 6 weeks I think. VW Chat said:
Yes I imagine that is a very cool colour for your core experience - nice Xmas present!

Today I had the news I wanted, status 20 confirmed build week 43. Ordered 28 th August. The build week has kept to the forecast SMG first gave me. Fingers crossed that the delivery forecast date of 20th December comes true as well.

The latest California Chris video seems to explain the updated delivery times, October price increase, and lack of build week information for recent orders.

It appears the rush to get vehicles through before the end of the year is as much to do with getting vans with the 199 engine registered this year before the RDE changes, as it is for possible import tariffs.

The October price rise vehicles will have a 204 engine that meets the new standard, but they're not going to start building those engines until week 6 next year, which maybe explains the possible delay in getting build weeks for more recent orders.

Back