Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

According to some reports VW, Audi and Porsche have stopped all vehicle production as some parts come from Russian held Ukraine and those plants have stopped all shipments. Not sure what is true and what is false - fog of war!
I don’t think all production has stopped yet but I bet all car manufacturers will be affected soon.

I wondered what excuse had been given for it to be delayed by 6 months!

Last edited:
To me it looks like Oceans are being put back to accommodate getting all the remaining Coasts through production with what looms they have left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it looks like Oceans are being put back to accommodate getting all the remaining Coasts through production with what looms they have left.

Wish I could believe that. I'm afraid to contact my dealer to confirm my Coast is arriving next month. I have a nasty feeling that the adage no news is good news does not apply here..... :(

Wish I could believe that. I'm afraid to contact my dealer to confirm my Coast is arriving next month. I have a nasty feeling that the adage no news is good news does not apply here..... :(
I did a tour around the mini factory in Oxford a good few years ago and each wiring loom was specific to each individual vehicle specification. They came rolled up in bags as unique as the order placed by the customer. So if heated seats were ordered then the wiring was there, if it wasn’t the cabling wasn’t either. The tour guide pointed out that it was common across all brands not just BMW/Mini. Whilst stating the obvious, one of key differences between the Coast and Ocean is the amount of addition electrical connections. Whilst I do see benefits in fast tracking the Coast as a ‘discontinued line’ I don’t know that VW will use the looms intended for Oceans. We have a Coast on order (Nov 21) so I’ll update on any progress but don’t have any problem parking up my anticipation. This isn’t a Covid delay but a whole nation facing an unimaginable horror in mainland Europe.

I did a tour around the mini factory in Oxford a good few years ago and each wiring loom was specific to each individual vehicle specification. They came rolled up in bags as unique as the order placed by the customer. So if heated seats were ordered then the wiring was there, if it wasn’t the cabling wasn’t either. The tour guide pointed out that it was common across all brands not just BMW/Mini. Whilst stating the obvious, one of key differences between the Coast and Ocean is the amount of addition electrical connections. Whilst I do see benefits in fast tracking the Coast as a ‘discontinued line’ I don’t know that VW will use the looms intended for Oceans. We have a Coast on order (Nov 21) so I’ll update on any progress but don’t have any problem parking up my anticipation. This isn’t a Covid delay but a whole nation facing an unimaginable horror in mainland Europe.

We went for a few options such as heated seats and LED’s on our Coast so that could be why it’s potentially been brought forward. But absolutely, it’s shocking what’s happening over there, I’ll never moan about any delays as it pales into insignificance compared to a shell dropping on my family.

It's terrible what's happening right now...without a doubt. The delays... It is now about the wiring harnesses, previously about the pandemic and before that the shortages in microchips. We are still talking about the delays and this topic was started in June 2020, just after the start of the pandemic and the shortages in microchips. For me it's not moaning that people do; people are not that harsh. They can wait, I can wait and park up my anticipations. The delays are still there and now a terrible thing is happening. Delay because of that is the only one I know now, unfortunately. My heart goes out to all the victims.

Me neither, I don’t see that happening with the wire harnesses: the difference between a coast and ocean wire harness: in some countries it’s not that big when it comes to electrical facilities: just look at yours in the UK (when the coast could still be ordered, of course). With us (Belgium) a coast was very basic as standard and it will indeed have a different wiring harness than the ocean… unless you take options of course. We took quite a few options that are standard on the ocean… yours (UK) anyway because the ocean with us was a bit more basic than yours. So using the available wiring harnesses to further build the coast is not very plausible. I think it's not that simple. No wire harnesses, no cars I guess.
So, you are waiting from Nov 21? We from August 20 and no prospect of delivery for our coast like we ordered it. And I can also park up my anticipations for what's happening now. Waiting so long for a car is not pleasant but nothing compared to what will now cause the delays.. My heart goes out to all the victims.

Last edited:
Have they said why it’s been pushed back that far?

When did you order?
Component shortage but he said specifically the wiring looms however not sure if he was just using that as it was in the news , apparently he had 34 other people to phone after me !

Component shortage but he said specifically the wiring looms however not sure if he was just using that as it was in the news , apparently he had 34 other people to phone after me !

What dealer was this. Doesn’t sound right to me

@Kirk
To me it seems strange to state a 6 month delay rather than it just sliding back.

Did you order direct or through a broker?

I received a letter yesterday from VW apologising for the delay and say it was being delayed, there were no updates and the dealer would update me when there was news. I ordered July 21st Beach Camper, due to be built this month delivery next month. The dealer say this letter had gone out to quite a few of the customer who were waiting for this build month.

Hi guys, email from VW this morning advising that our Cali will be delayed (April build date) due to component shortages and factory closures. More information to follow.

No comms at all here (Spain), 150 Ocean due in May but I’ll not hold my breath. Not much point in chasing as the only two options are to keep waiting, or request the deposit back so wait we shall!

No contact from VW here.

Seems weird some people get letters, some emails and some nothing when we are all apparently in the same queue.

No contact from VW here.

Seems weird some people get letters, some emails and some nothing when we are all apparently in the same queue.
Could be only those with a confirmed build date (Status 20) are getting a letter / e-mail. We were still at 00, so no expectations, hence no need to advise, I'm guessing.

We have a confirmed build date of next Monday (a Coast) which the dealer stated on Tuesday was still showing on the system. Ive not had any email/letter/call since to say anything different so I will remain hopeful. But if it changes I'll have to buy a tent for all the campsites I've booked this summer!

Hi guys, email from VW this morning advising that our Cali will be delayed (April build date) due to component shortages and factory closures. More information to follow.
We have had a call from our dealer to say that the factories have closed for at least 2 weeks but could be longer. All my purchases will be staying under the stairs for quite some time yet I think!

We have a confirmed build date of next Monday (a Coast) which the dealer stated on Tuesday was still showing on the system. Ive not had any email/letter/call since to say anything different so I will remain hopeful. But if it changes I'll have to buy a tent for all the campsites I've booked this summer!
Masking tape up your letter box, switch all phones off and cross everything. I can see that last ‘Coast’ wiring harness with your name on it.

Same here. Coast with a build date of next Monday, still confirmed by Eurovans on Tuesday as status 20 and no email saying otherwise. I wonder if the Coasts are going to carry on being built with what parts are available?

Masking tape up your letter box, switch all phones off and cross everything. I can see that last ‘Coast’ wiring harness with your name on it.
That would be great, but I expect the worse every time my email pings. As many people have said, there are more important things going on but I do hope there are a few more harnesses stashed away in VW somewhere.

Same here. Coast with a build date of next Monday, still confirmed by Eurovans on Tuesday as status 20 and no email saying otherwise. I wonder if the Coasts are going to carry on being built with what parts are available?
I ordered with SMG Tonbridge so it's good that we've had similar info from two different sources.

Back