Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

By the way my build includes the detachable towbar so it would seem the stock issues are over on that front

We got this message from our dealer last week, seems to support the view that Coasts are being built sooner than Oceans. At this rate our Ocean will never arrive...;-(

"T6.1 California: In January we issued the latest estimated production months for tagged California orders. California Ocean production is currently limited because of the ongoing semiconductor issue, so we are pulling forward some Coast orders to fill their build slots; Tour sites may see Coast orders moving to status code 20 in SLI. Delayed Ocean units will be prioritised for the next available production slots. We will email Tour sites to tell them their next estimated production month

At the moment we do still have a build month for your vehicle of March but unfortunately the status has not moved along to status 10 or 20.

Status 20 is when there is a confirmed build week."

Latest update is the my coast due to go into production this week has an unconfirmed build month of May . Patience is a virtue and all that !

We have an Ocean which was ordered last June with a number of options that supposedly cause delays. We spoke to the dealer this week and we are status 20 for next week. Is this fixed or can it still change / be delayed.

We have an Ocean which was ordered last June with a number of options that supposedly cause delays. We spoke to the dealer this week and we are status 20 for next week. Is this fixed or can it still change / be delayed.
It can change , mine was status 20 to be built this week , now sometime in may but unconfirmed as factory is closed

Ours was ordered in June 21, with a few options such as tow bar that were on the delayed list. We are still at Status 0, so no chance of it making the provisional March build date..!

Had a call from the dealer today, my Ocean is finally registered and at the dealer. I will be picking it up on Wednesday 16th March from Eurovans, he also sent me a short video of it.
Ordered 29th April 2021, went into build 31st January 2022, to be collected just over 6 weeks later.
Also dealer confirmed as I had ordered between April and June last year, I get the 4yrs warranty, 4yrs breakdown cover, 4 free services, 1yr caravan club membership. Price was as agreed at purchase and it will have 30 litres of fuel in it. Now the question is, can I afford to fill it up.
David

Had a call from the dealer today, my Ocean is finally registered and at the dealer. I will be picking it up on Wednesday 16th March from Eurovans, he also sent me a short video of it.
Ordered 29th April 2021, went into build 31st January 2022, to be collected just over 6 weeks later.
Also dealer confirmed as I had ordered between April and June last year, I get the 4yrs warranty, 4yrs breakdown cover, 4 free services, 1yr caravan club membership. Price was as agreed at purchase and it will have 30 litres of fuel in it. Now the question is, can I afford to fill it up.
David
Excellent stuff! We have ordered from Eurovans too but have a few more months to wait yet.
Of course you’ll be able to fill it up. You just won’t be able to afford to use it :D

Had the same call today. The dealer said it was due to some components being sourced from Ukraine and that supply chain obviously now being broken.

Might be some truth in the chat about expediting Coast orders. I’ve just had an email from Autoebid to say my Coast is built and being shipped. I’ve not heard anything from the dealer yet. As far as I was aware I was still status 0. Haven’t had a build date or anything. Not sure if I believe it but fingers crossed. Order was confirmed early August.

Evening all,

Just out of interest, does anyone know how long it used to take (pre-pandemic) between placing an order and collecting your van.

Evening all,

Just out of interest, does anyone know how long it used to take (pre-pandemic) between placing an order and collecting your van.
In 2020 we placed our order on 22/07/20 and collected our van on 06/11/20, so about 15 weeks.
California Ocean with lots of options ticked. How times have changed!!!!

In 2020 we placed our order on 22/07/20 and collected our van on 06/11/20, so about 15 weeks.
California Ocean with lots of options ticked. How times have changed!!!!
Do you have any nice pics of your copper bronze and candy white Cali that you can share ?

Looks fantastic!! Really love the colour combination . Thanks for sharing :cheers
It really does look fantastic. We’ve ordered a Coast knowing the front of the vehicle, w/o fog lamps and extra chrome is a visual weak point but it was as far as the budget would stretch. You’ve added the angled sidebars, as we have, but your front really stands out. Extra chrome and body coloured grills and a chin spoiler ? You’ve done a really great job.

It really does look fantastic. We’ve ordered a Coast knowing the front of the vehicle, w/o fog lamps and extra chrome is a visual weak point but it was as far as the budget would stretch. You’ve added the angled sidebars, as we have, but your front really stands out. Extra chrome and body coloured grills and a chin spoiler ? You’ve done a really great job.
There is a relatively cheap fix for the lack of lower bumper chrome , you can purchase original vw chrome trim for about £100 that replaces the black strip. At least that’s what I plan to do . https://www.vanstyle.co.uk/van/genuine-front-lower-radiator-chrome-grille-trim-p-8423.html

How dare you come on this thread and post such pictures - joking of course, looks bloomin’ fabulous that does. As has been said, the front spoiler and side bars really add to the visual impact and they will be the first things on my list. Where did you get them?
Thanks all for the positive comments.
@PhilR Side bars were from Vanstyle and grill strips & spoiler were from Transporter HQ.

Back