Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Ordered our Coast in July last year and called the dealer a couple of weeks ago for an update which was….’factory closed, can’t give you a date as to when it will start up again‘. Then out of the blue got an email earlier, from the sales guy we ordered it from, telling us it’s been built and will be ready for pick up in around 4 weeks! A very pleasant surprise indeed

My dealer confirmed yesterday that my status has changed this week to Confirmed BW 20.

Beach ordered late Sept.
Good to hear! Has anyone else who has a Beach on order heard anything. Ordered ours the beginning of July 2021 but not heard anything yet after the February build date was delayed.

My dealer confirmed yesterday that my status has changed this week to Confirmed BW 20.

Beach ordered late Sept.
That actually makes sense. I ordered mine at the beginning of July (12-13 weeks earlier than you) and was confirmed build week 7. Arrived at dealership 6 weeks later. Based on that time frame, you should get your van before the end of June....

Good to hear! Has anyone else who has a Beach on order heard anything. Ordered ours the beginning of July 2021 but not heard anything yet after the February build date was delayed.
Hi Commer, I ordered a Beach Camper (with Towbar) on 7th July 2021, confirmed BW 7, WC Feb 14th and arrived at the dealers on 28th March. They were a little surprised as they weren't expecting it because of all the delays. Have you contacted your dealership recently?

Ordered a Coast 1st October via Autoebid (150 DSG, white, tow bar, fogs, reversing camera, additional air con, heated screen and seats, 80L tank, mud flaps, panoramic window in roof canvas). It is status 20, build week 12. I’ll post an update when it arrives in the UK. Thanks to everyone who have posted their delivery updates on this thread - this has been really helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a Coast 1st October via Autoebid (150 DSG, white, tow bar, fogs, reversing camera, additional air con, heated screen and seats, 80L tank, mud flaps, panoramic window in roof canvas). It is status 20, build week 12. I’ll post an update when it arrives in the UK. Thanks to everyone who have posted their delivery updates on this thread - this has been really helpful.

Interestingly long options list. I take it even with all that is standard on the Ocean, your spec’d Coast was cheaper?
Or did you just really want eg. a manual roof?

Interestingly long options list. I take it even with all that is standard on the Ocean, your spec’d Coast was cheaper?
Or did you just really want eg. a manual roof?

Initially ordered with only a few options but kept adding them whilst waiting……missed off privacy glass on above list! Probably prefer a manual roof + original plan was to keep costs down.

I’ll keep an eye on your updates Phil but it’s looking good for summer for you.
We ordered a Coast a month after you on 8th November. Lots of similarities with spec White/Ascot, towbar, reversing camera, wood look floor, aluminium awning, safe, mud flaps, panoramic roof bellows. Devonport 17 wheels, bed ext, ( can’t remember anything else !). We had a budget limit of £60k then added 5 year warranty, side bars and a front splitter ( the front looks bare so wish I’d added fog lights) anyway it’s up to £63k now ! Phil

I’ll keep an eye on your updates Phil but it’s looking good for summer for you.
We ordered a Coast a month after you on 8th November. Lots of similarities with spec White/Ascot, towbar, reversing camera, wood look floor, aluminium awning, safe, mud flaps, panoramic roof bellows. Devonport 17 wheels, bed ext, ( can’t remember anything else !). We had a budget limit of £60k then added 5 year warranty, side bars and a front splitter ( the front looks bare so wish I’d added fog lights) anyway it’s up to £63k now ! Phil
We've been told to expect delivery round the end of May, ordered 30th Nov, white/ascot Coast as well with very similar options to yours so will be keeping an eye on your updates

I’ve got a similar beach in order, placed July 21st. When did you place your order ?
July 7th. What options did you tick?
Attached. There was quite a bit with things that probably require quote a few chips and upgraded electrics. It's still waiting production build, so at 10(if that maters).

Attachments

• Rhodes Conf 2[67].pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 46
That actually makes sense. I ordered mine at the beginning of July (12-13 weeks earlier than you) and was confirmed build week 7. Arrived at dealership 6 weeks later. Based on that time frame, you should get your van before the end of
Ohh I ordered that colour - I like it
Personally think the extra Chrome on the Ocean makes such a difference.

I will definitely add the extra lower chrome strips again to my Beach, it’s an easy change and only costs £120.

I’d like to change the top grille but don’t fancy the bumper being ripped off!

Just checked in with my VW dealer for an update, VW system currently shows build week 33 for my Ocean, ordered early July 2021, September delivery. All I can do is sit tight and wait.

Attached. There was quite a bit with things that probably require quote a few chips and upgraded electrics. It's still waiting production build, so at 10(if that maters).
In comparison, do wonder if it's possibly the drive assistance package on yours causing a hold up? (which I didn't option). Conversely, I did choose a towbar which, as we know historically, has been an issue!?!? Crikey, who knows.

We've been told to expect delivery round the end of May, ordered 30th Nov, white/ascot Coast as well with very similar options to yours so will be keeping an eye on your updates
The dealer indicated a 10-12 month wait when we ordered so anything earlier is a bonus for us. I can’t deny I’m pretty nervous about the two tone colour choice, as I’ve only seen photographs and videos. I’ve seen both other two tone colours in the flesh but liked the retro look that ascot grey gives. I’ve seen actual vehicles in both ascot grey and candy white but not a bi colour. I’ll take a box of tissues to the dealer for when we get our call up papers in case I’ve got it horribly wrong.

The dealer indicated a 10-12 month wait when we ordered so anything earlier is a bonus for us. I can’t deny I’m pretty nervous about the two tone colour choice, as I’ve only seen photographs and videos. I’ve seen both other two tone colours in the flesh but liked the retro look that ascot grey gives. I’ve seen actual vehicles in both ascot grey and candy white but not a bi colour. I’ll take a box of tissues to the dealer for when we get our call up papers in case I’ve got it horribly wrong.

We were exactly the same, we wanted the official two-tone but couldn’t decide on which one! We went for the white / grey but then changed our mind last month thinking we would have plenty of time to change to green / white only to be told it’s too late as due to be built! There was a white / grey at camper show, so spent a long time looking at it
9abd636819afbf1667665c98712eb9ee.jpg

Initially ordered with only a few options but kept adding them whilst waiting……missed off privacy glass on above list! Probably prefer a manual roof + original plan was to keep costs down.

Hi Phil
We ordered mid November and been also told same status and week 12 after chasing for info but no idea of when delivery might be. Our dealer is not very responsive! Do you have any idea of a delivery date?

Hi Phil
We ordered mid November and been also told same status and week 12 after chasing for info but no idea of when delivery might be. Our dealer is not very responsive! Do you have any idea of a delivery date?

We ordered end of November (last day you could actually order a Coast!) and been told to expect delivery around the end of May

In comparison, do wonder if it's possibly the drive assistance package on yours causing a hold up? (which I didn't option). Conversely, I did choose a towbar which, as we know historically, has been an issue!?!? Crikey, who knows.
I think it’s probably the thing that requires the most CPU’s or additional wiring. Anyway I’m using your schedule to push the dealer in to more of a response than the one I got. Thanks a million.

Back