Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi Phil
We ordered mid November and been also told same status and week 12 after chasing for info but no idea of when delivery might be. Our dealer is not very responsive! Do you have any idea of a delivery date?

From this forum it would seem best not to make any fixed plans for any particular date. I was thinking originally it might come by September + now possibly because Coasts need less chips than Oceans I think it will be sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coasts certainly seem to be moving faster. VW clearing out the build queue for this now discontinued model, and optimize for Oceans/Beaches. We ordered out Coast from Breeze Poole at the end of August 2021 and were originally scheduled for a build week of 2022-24 (June 13), and have just been informed that it's sat in the docks at Germany waiting for a boat ride over here :cool:

Specs as follows for those interested:

California California SWB 2.0 TDI 150PS Coast DSG
Indium Grey
Storage Compartment Package
Roof Bellows - Basalt Grey Canvas Sides
Parking Sensors Frnt+Rr With Park Assist
Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
Rear View Camera
LED Hdlght+Daytme RuningLgt-Red Tlgt
Discover Media Navigation System
Privacy Glass In Psngr-Load Cmprtmnt

Coasts certainly seem to be moving faster. VW clearing out the build queue for this now discontinued model, and optimize for Oceans/Beaches. We ordered out Coast from Breeze Poole at the end of August 2021 and were originally scheduled for a build week of 2022-24 (June 13), and have just been informed that it's sat in the docks at Germany waiting for a boat ride over here :cool:

Specs as follows for those interested:

California California SWB 2.0 TDI 150PS Coast DSG
Indium Grey
Storage Compartment Package
Roof Bellows - Basalt Grey Canvas Sides
Parking Sensors Frnt+Rr With Park Assist
Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
Rear View Camera
LED Hdlght+Daytme RuningLgt-Red Tlgt
Discover Media Navigation System
Privacy Glass In Psngr-Load Cmprtmnt
Aren’t you tempted to hire a fishing boat and go and get it !

Last edited:
Out of interest who’s been waiting the longest for an Ocean in the UK? Any orders from early 2021 still waiting?

Out of interest who’s been waiting the longest for an Ocean in the UK? Any orders from early 2021 still waiting?
19th July 21 and latest update we are still at status 0......as mentioned earlier in the thread we have now booked our flights to Berlin in July as we are resigned to a bit of a wait. Specced a 4 motion with sports styling, tow bar prep, Pro media and another few bits.

Last edited:
Ocean 204ps 4Motion, tow bar, ordered early June 2021, status 0, don't want to contact the dealer anymore, will I still see it this year?

Bought an Ocean 204ps 4motion with all the assistance options, navi pro + digital cockpit and towbar in the Netherlands. Vehicle was originally ordered (for someone else) in March 2020. Was supposed to be built in March this year. Now hopefully somewhere this summer.

150 Ocean ordered June 30th last year, told in January it was status 10 for week 20 (early May) and expected to move to status 20 in February. Not had any communication from VW other than the initial confirmation of order email and the letter whic I think they sent everyone.

Would be nice to get some reliable info in the next week or two. As I'm sure we all have, I've made plans for the summer but without a camper they will need to change significantly.

Iv noticed allot of us who have ordered Oceans seem to be June/July last year, including myself. I was looking for some positive news last week. I called & September was mentioned. I think the system will move along quicker, 15/16 months is hard to get my head around when other Californias ordered 7 months ago are arriving.

Iv noticed allot of us who have ordered Oceans seem to be June/July last year, including myself. I was looking for some positive news last week. I called & September was mentioned. I think the system will move along quicker, 15/16 months is hard to get my head around when other Californias ordered 7 months ago are arriving.
Agree completely....just hope they don't add insult to injury and hit us with the price increase

Yup I had the same feeling... ordered early June last year, beach edition with little custom things, just different wheels. So far no production week. We have now booked flights for our holidays eventho we wanted to just drive around :/

Agree completely....just hope they don't add insult to injury and hit us with the price increase
I still can’t believe they didn’t mention the price increase when they sent the March letter about delays to everyone. The only reason we’re aware of it is from posts on this forum. Our dealer has never mentioned it. Surely if you’re expecting people to fork out an extra £3k plus, it’s better to give as much notice as possible…

Definitely, I'm glad people are getting vans faster than they expected but if that means I now have to wait longer for mine, it's a bitter pill to swallow. This is the kind of thing where a bit of information on what is happening and why would be a good thing. VW must realise that, because there's little or nothing coming directly from them, even to the dealers, the void is being filled with third hand Chinese whispers type of stuff. We saw it with the supposed factory closures - some being told they were still open, some being told they were closed for a few weeks, some being told closed till September.

How difficult is it for them to send out an email explaining the situation? I'm not asking for War and Peace - just some information would be nice. Without it we're left like people stood at an airport check in, watching people being let into the queue in front of us and seemingly boarding a delayed flight that, as far as we can tell, may not have even landed yet.

I ordered a 204 4M Ocean in late June 2021. Whilst I haven't had any kind of update regarding build/delivery, I have got it in writing (e-mail) from the van centre that "if the end of June comes and goes, your price will be staying the same". Hope this helps to reassure you !?

Bought an Ocean 204ps 4motion with all the assistance options, navi pro + digital cockpit and towbar in the Netherlands. Vehicle was originally ordered (for someone else) in March 2020. Was supposed to be built in March this year. Now hopefully somewhere this summer.
2020?

I ordered a 204 4M Ocean in late June 2021. Whilst I haven't had any kind of update regarding build/delivery, I have got it in writing (e-mail) from the van centre that "if the end of June comes and goes, your price will be staying the same". Hope this helps to reassure you !?
That's great news, I've not had the same info from mine. Which van center is that from? Are you hsppy to share the letter as an attachment?

That's great news, I've not had the same info from mine. Which van center is that from? Are you hsppy to share the letter as an attachment?
It was Liverpool van centre, Mark. And, as stated, it was via e-mail rather than a letter. I have copied/pasted the appropriate part of their e-mail verbatim. Hope it helps.

Exactly, mine was also ordered in NL.
Ah, I bought one from mycalifornia.eu, placed the order myself end of last year so can't complain too much but apparently this particular vehicle has been on order with VW for quite a while!

Ah, I bought one from mycalifornia.eu, placed the order myself end of last year so can't complain too much but apparently this particular vehicle has been on order with VW for quite a while!
OK, so we are both getting our Cali's from the same dealer. Was the fact that you took over another persons order contributing to this awfully lead time?

I don't think it had anything to do with it. What did you order and do you have a lead time?

Back