Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Interestingly, my Coast has turned up with sliding windows on both sides. Apparently, it's to make production easier. Still only get 1 flyscreen.
Was the same when we picked up in May '21...

I have received this email (Coast ordered early September):
Good news. Your order is moving along nicely and we're busy building your California to your exact specifications.​
We'll be in touch with more news soon. In the meantime, you can get in touch with your Van Centre below if you need any help.​
Did you get this email update direct from VW or from the dealer...?

Sounds like it was from VW and then suggested you contacted the Van Centre for more info. I've only had (a very few) updates from the Van Centre and nothing direct from VW.

I'm UK based if that makes any difference.

Did you get this email update direct from VW or from the dealer...?

Sounds like it was from VW and then suggested you contacted the Van Centre for more info. I've only had (a very few) updates from the Van Centre and nothing direct from VW.

I'm UK based if that makes any difference.
This was direct from VW - UK based also.

I received that email 2 weeks ago. I forwarded to the dealer, who told me van is built and awaiting shipment.
Received this morning:

Morning David,

Yes your vehicle is built and is at port of exit. Just need to wait for it to go on a ship and arrive in UK. Once in Uk should take around 7-10 working days to arrive with me.

Lets hope we can see it before the end of April?

Mark its not lowered its standard suspension , and no rubbing at all, though rear ones do get rather close to back but they seem fine and drive is really good though lose maybe 4 or 5 to gallon maybe . lept old tyres and wheels in case i wanted to put back on :( ride noise i think is no different?
Thank you. I had heard there was some extra road noise but good to hear you don't notice it. I assumed it was lowered because the tires look close to the wheel rims. Do you mind if I ask what size tyres you have? definitely convinced me to go for the all terrain tyres when the van arrives.

Received this morning:

Morning David,

Yes your vehicle is built and is at port of exit. Just need to wait for it to go on a ship and arrive in UK. Once in Uk should take around 7-10 working days to arrive with me.

David, can you let me know when you ordered the van please?

Rich

Received this morning:

Morning David,

After reading this I thought I'd phone and check on my progress.
It's in the UK, expected at Eurovans Friday or Monday and should be able to collect next week.
This wasn't the conversation I was expecting.
Won't be able to collect until after Easter though, due to work commitments.

Coast with a few extras, ordered mid August 2021

After reading this I thought I'd phone and check on my progress.
It's in the UK, expected at Eurovans Friday or Monday and should be able to collect next week.
This wasn't the conversation I was expecting.
Won't be able to collect until after Easter though, due to work commitments.

Coast with a few extras, ordered mid August 2021
Great news! We ordered a coast the same time and was told last week it had been built and was awaiting shipping. I've not heard that it's in the UK yet but I'm now hoping that it was on the same boat as yours. Fingers crossed as my house is slowly filling up with random stuff to put in the van!

Thank you. I had heard there was some extra road noise but good to hear you don't notice it. I assumed it was lowered because the tires look close to the wheel rims. Do you mind if I ask what size tyres you have? definitely convinced me to go for the all terrain tyres when the van arrives.
LT 245/65/r17 hope that helps

Call of the dealer today for our July ordered Ocean with a supposed April build date.... Still at status 0......Well done to all whose vans are in the way hopefully e won't be too far behind

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Got a call from our dealer yesterday to say our ocean with towbar and lots of extras is in build and the build week is week 15 he said if all going well I should have it first week May. We ordered mid June 2021 Ireland.
Was strange as I spoke with him 3 weeks ago and he was saying there was no movement and to expect a July delivery. Didn't question it too much as was delighted with the news.

Call of the dealer today for our July ordered Ocean with a supposed April build date.... Still at status 0......Well done to all whose vans are in the way hopefully e won't be too far behind

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk
Similar conversation with our dealer today. Our June 21 Ocean order was set for a provisional build in March. However it’s still at Status 0 with no confirmed build date in sight.

I’ve resigned myself to a monthly update call and will just have to wait.

Got a call from our dealer yesterday to say our ocean with towbar and lots of extras is in build and the build week is week 15 he said if all going well I should have it first week May. We ordered mid June 2021 Ireland.
Was strange as I spoke with him 3 weeks ago and he was saying there was no movement and to expect a July delivery. Didn't question it too much as was delighted with the news.
I have really no idea how VW decide what gets made and when, I assume it is total disarray, our order very start of June 2021 for an ocean with just a tow bar and no other extras... build date of mid march cancelled and no update since.

I have really no idea how VW decide what gets made and when, I assume it is total disarray, our order very start of June 2021 for an ocean with just a tow bar and no other extras... build date of mid march cancelled and no update since.
Just heard my coast has been built and is in transit from the factory . Last I heard was build week 10 and status unchanged and now it’s un route ! :) ordered sept 21

Just heard my coast has been built and is in transit from the factory . Last I heard was build week 10 and status unchanged and now it’s un route ! :) ordered sept 21
Wow 7 months, the factory is really picking up…

Out of interest, what engine?

More good news here. Just heard from the dealer that my Ocean ordered in April 2021 and originally due to get built next week is indeed going into production.
Asked our dealer how long it typically takes to go from start of build to ready for pickup. He said typically around 4 weeks. That means we should be getting it sometime at the start of May. That matches what @StevoC was also told (we're both in Ireland - but with different dealers I believe. I'm with Bright Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles in Dublin).

According to a VW press release, the factories stayed open and operated at reduced capacity in between the air raid sirens sounding.

I want one of those wiring looms in my van!
:agreed It makes you kind of proud to have something Ukrainian in your van !

Spoke to my dealer today, originally had a confirmed build week 9 for an Ocean ordered mid-may 2021. Been sat at status 20 for the past few weeks, they have confirmed it's now built and sat at emdem awaiting shipping. Hopefully the Oceans will start to move a bit quicker now.

Spoke to my dealer today, originally had a confirmed build week 9 for an Ocean ordered mid-may 2021. Been sat at status 20 for the past few weeks, they have confirmed it's now built and sat at emdem awaiting shipping. Hopefully the Oceans will start to move a bit quicker now.
Ooooo, What spec? I ordered couple weeks after you but not heard anything.

Back