Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Got an email reply from my dealer today. My Ocean 150 (ordered June 2021) was originally status 10 for week 20 (May) but is apparently showing on the system as status 20 for March (he didn't specify a week) which, in his words, has obviously passed.

Trying not to get too excited, but I'm thinking that's probably good news.....

Was that after a factory update to VW dealers this week?
Not sure exactly, we were told over the phone by the dealer. They checked on Friday and no build date then checked on Saturday and it had changed to week 27.

Got an email reply from my dealer today. My Ocean 150 (ordered June 2021) was originally status 10 for week 20 (May) but is apparently showing on the system as status 20 for March (he didn't specify a week) which, in his words, has obviously passed.

Trying not to get too excited, but I'm thinking that's probably good news.....
Is it possible it’s already built and on it’s way? Exciting News, can’t wait to hear the Ocean order’s are on there way after so long

Is it possible it’s already built and on it’s way? Exciting News, can’t wait to hear the Ocean order’s are on there way after so long
I guess so, I think some of the vans that arrived as the closures started in early March were like that and arrived out of the blue.

If not, it's hopefully nearer the front of build queue than I thought.

I guess so, I think some of the vans that arrived as the closures started in early March were like that and arrived out of the blue.

If not, it's hopefully nearer the front of build queue than I thought.
Keep me updated I’m in the same boat as you, Ordered In June, Ocean 150. Good luck

I ordered an Ocean in late June ‘21 and called the dealer this morning regarding build status. He advised that VW will have a new build list at the end of April and any status info currently in the system is not to be relied upon. He also mentioned that Coasts have been moved to the front of the queue.

Sorry, another Coast good news report incoming. Just had confirmation from my dealer that my Coast is in the country. Hoping to pick up in 2 weeks. Order confirmed early August 21. Options include Ascot Grey, reversing camera, tow bar, 5th seat and rear air con. Ordered via Autoebid and dealer is Listers in Droitwich.

Sorry, another Coast good news report incoming. Just had confirmation from my dealer that my Coast is in the country. Hoping to pick up in 2 weeks. Order confirmed early August 21. Options include Ascot Grey, reversing camera, tow bar, 5th seat and rear air con. Ordered via Autoebid and dealer is Listers in Droitwich.
Ohhh same
Same broker , same intermediary and also a coast with similar options. Last heard a week ago it was in transit from factory so am hoping mine was on same shipment. When ordered I was advised delivery was included so hope that’s still the case .

Received this afternoon:

Hi David,

Just wanted to let you know that your new California has now been shipped. I will either see the vehicle end of next week or the beginning of the week after.

California Coast - Forest Green, reversing camera, panoramic canvass roof, tinted glass.

Dear Mr VW
Please don't forget the EU contingent of eager prospective owners. I can't believe there are 4+ forum members who have been waiting for 18+ months for their orders to be fulfilled. With all these recent Cali Coast arrivals announcements I can't help feeling VW need to spread the love........

:kiss

Congrats to all those lottery winners in the UK

Ohhh same

Same broker , same intermediary and also a coast with similar options. Last heard a week ago it was in transit from factory so am hoping mine was on same shipment. When ordered I was advised delivery was included so hope that’s still the case .
It's been 4 weeks from when I first heard it was shipped to then arriving in country. Droitwich told me it's at a different garage for PDI check, can't remember where.

Dear Mr VW
Please don't forget the EU contingent of eager prospective owners. I can't believe there are 4+ forum members who have been waiting for 18+ months for their orders to be fulfilled. With all these recent Cali Coast arrivals announcements I can't help feeling VW need to spread the love........

I do feel guilty jumping ahead of so many that are waiting longer. I'm concerned that us Coast owners will get a two finger salute from new Ocean drivers, instead of a friendly wave when we meet on the road :D

I do feel guilty jumping ahead of so many that are waiting longer. I'm concerned that us Coast owners will get a two finger salute from new Ocean drivers, instead of a friendly wave when we meet on the road :D
Good thing there's no difference from the front.

I’ll be looking out for you!! ;-)

Well, not anytime soon from us still waiting Ocean drivers .... :) Enjoy your van!

It's been 4 weeks from when I first heard it was shipped to then arriving in country. Droitwich told me it's at a different garage for PDI check, can't remember where.
Stratford?

Dear Mr VW

LHD Oceans seem to be the problem now, just over 12 months here. Not particularly worried as we’re half way through a nice Easter road trip in the old van as usual. Idly wondering though if vans are shipped by road/rail to Spain and Portugal because that would save a couple of weeks.

That said, I’ve never noticed a transporter full of Calis on my travels

Update from Belgium: ordered April 2021 (pre-ordered by dealer Feb 2021).
Latest update from dealer: most likely no delivery before October.
Looking forward to an alternative for this summer :-(
:eek:That is just awful! I feel for you my friend, 11 months wait was tough enough.

Back