Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Out of interest who’s been waiting the longest for an Ocean in the UK? Any orders from early 2021 still waiting?
20th June 21, ocean , 4 motion, tow bar. Haven’t heard a thing from Eurovans. Wondering if I’ll actually make BusFest

News from dealer today, after I emailed - scheduled build date now showing as 9th May (so week 19?). Jun ‘21 order, Ocean 150, no tow bar. Quiet optimism is the general feeling now, touch wood etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

News from dealer today, after I emailed - scheduled build date now showing as 9th May (so week 19?). Jun ‘21 order, Ocean 150, no tow bar. Quiet optimism is the general feeling now, touch wood etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fingers crossed!
I think i’ll do the same, 150 Ocean ordered 04/2021, last I heard from the dealer was “early May” but I doubt that now - I asked for a few weeks warning before it arrives to allow me to get the current van on sale - and have heard nothing

Received this afternoon:

Hi David,

Just wanted to let you know that your new California has now been shipped. I will either see the vehicle end of next week or the beginning of the week after.

California Coast - Forest Green, reversing camera, panoramic canvass roof, tinted glass.
Forest Green?!

My build week 9 ocean is now at a UK port so I should have possesion in the next few weeks. Which would bring it in at a 12 month lead time.

Quick question on pick-up - do VW provide any short term insurance or do I need to arrange this prior to collection?

My build week 9 ocean is now at a UK port so I should have possesion in the next few weeks. Which would bring it in at a 12 month lead time.

Quick question on pick-up - do VW provide any short term insurance or do I need to arrange this prior to collection?
Yes 5 days....Your dealer will give you the number prior to collecting to arrange insurance.

Same - ordered a 204 Ocean in October and have a provisional build week of 25.
Is that up to date information based on a factory update this week?
Interested as I ordered a 204 4motion early September

Forest Green.
Received this afternoon:

Hi David,

Just wanted to let you know that your new California has now been shipped. I will either see the vehicle end of next week or the beginning of the week after.

California Coast - Forest Green, reversing camera, panoramic canvass roof, tinted glass.
When did you order your Coast David ? Sorry if I’ve missed it. We’re waiting for a Coast too, same spec different colour
Phil

Do any of you read the “T6.1 new order delays” thread on the T6 forum? Their orders are also received / delayed in random orders e.g. One van was ordered in August 2021 and delivered in Feb 2022, whereas another has been waiting over 400 days and just been told it’s going to cost an extra £3.5k :mad: I guess part of that will also be down to different specs, but still, that’s never right.

We are waiting to hear back from our dealer, as recent updates in this thread suggest our August order (Ocean 204) now has a provisional build date that is later than October orders for similar vans.

Do any of you read the “T6.1 new order delays” thread on the T6 forum? Their orders are also received / delayed in random orders e.g. One van was ordered in August 2021 and delivered in Feb 2022, whereas another has been waiting over 400 days and just been told it’s going to cost an extra £3.5k :mad: I guess part of that will also be down to different specs, but still, that’s never right.

We are waiting to hear back from our dealer, as recent updates in this thread suggest our August order (Ocean 204) now has a provisional build date that is later than October orders for similar vans.
Yes, I also read the T6 forum updates, it seems they are waiting longer than California orders in most cases.

if its anything like the short term insurance you get for other makes or for new pets or whatever, you will be bombarded relentlessly with them trying to get you to continue their over expensive insurance. I will never take short term insurance 'free' offers again. It's free for a reason, they basically get your details. Just make a phone call to get covered for one day on your existing cover, then deal with it when you get home, that's what I did. Good luck.

I'd give your existing broker a call. You'll probably find that you are already covered for a short period.

ah, that will be Matt then. He promised me a youtube interview when I get 500 subscribers - haha, I am going to hold him to that.
Yes, it's matt, I've asked many times before, I don't want to ask anymore, just hope one day he will suddenly tell me a good news

Back