Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Got an update from my dealer (Liverpool) yesterday. Seems pretty consistent with others at the moment. 150 Ocean ordered August 2021. Showing on system as a code 10 build for week 28 (July). That’s slipped from my last update which was for a May build.
Who is your sales contact at Liverpool…?

Have I missed some news? Is there an imminent price increase? Although VW website show the current prices, Drive the deal shows a price increase around £3000 across the board for all new orders!!?!? (Autoebid = no change)

Have I missed some news? Is there an imminent price increase? Although VW website show the current prices, Drive the deal shows a price increase around £3000 across the board for all new orders!!?!? (Autoebid = no change)
Yep, was told by the dealer I ordered from that there was an increase coming soon!

Great another £3k to find, thought there would be a price increase at some point in the first half of this year. but thought it would be around June time, only 5 months since last increase.

Great another £3k to find, thought there would be a price increase at some point in the first half of this year. but thought it would be around June time, only 5 months since last increase.
It's quite astonishing. All models have gone up in price around £10K since the Autumn of 2020. The finance offers, deposit contributions and 'sweetners' are also significantly less attractive/advantageous. What happened to the 3.6% PCP deals, £1000 -£1750 finance contribution, complementary 4 year warranty and servicing ( or just 2 free services) free Camping and Caravan membership.......?

It's quite astonishing. All models have gone up in price around £10K since the Autumn of 2020. The finance offers, deposit contributions and 'sweetners' are also significantly less attractive/advantageous. What happened to the 3.6% PCP deals, £1000 -£1750 finance contribution, complementary 4 year warranty and servicing ( or just 2 free services) free Camping and Caravan membership.......?
It’d be nice to actually get the vehicle, let alone the old deals :oops:

Just received a letter from VW UK stating that my VW Coast ordered early November has been built.

Amazing news that I wasn’t expecting. I am waiting to see how long it is going to take to get from Hanover to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just received a letter from VW UK stating that my VW Coast ordered early November has been built.

Amazing news that I wasn’t expecting. I am waiting to see how long it is going to take to get from Hanover to the dealership.

A letter to say it’s been built??!!

You must be royalty!

That’s exciting Alison. We ordered a Coast on 8th November so I’m hoping they’ve sent two letters out

My Coast is ready and I'm picking up this week (3 sleeps). Ordered early August. Strangely the postie brought me a parcel today and I was met with the usual suspicious eyes from my wife asking 'what have you ordered now?' I had absolutely no idea and was still confused when I opened it until I read the enclosed letter from the Director of VW Commercial Vehicles. It was a huge VW camper emblazoned fluffy picnic blanket as a thank you for my patience. As nice as it is and I always appreciate a gift, I do hope that you Ocean guys get a little more. Did anyone else get one?

Got excited on Saturday when I received an email from VW titled "An update on your order".

Unfortunately was just a generic "sorry for the delay" email, pretty much the same info as was in the letter I think they sent to everyone a few weeks ago.

A bit annoyed that once again it says to contact your dealer for more info as they don't seem to have any and what they have doesn't appear to be accurate. Cali Chris is saying in his latest "Factory Update" video that "some" are still closed (doesn't specify which) and to check the internet for news. As far as I can see, everything is open again and that's certainly what my dealer said in his last email.

No blanket here :D

I’m very jealous of the Coast orders coming through so quick. 5 months later than my order and still no news for me. However, Great news. Enjoy
Feel exactly the same as you (and not been waiting as long as you). I’m pleased that the Coast orders are coming through for people but do find the whole thing pretty frustrating. Every Coast order coming through feels like another kick while I’m already down :(

Got excited on Saturday when I received an email from VW titled "An update on your order".

Unfortunately was just a generic "sorry for the delay" email, pretty much the same info as was in the letter I think they sent to everyone a few weeks ago.

A bit annoyed that once again it says to contact your dealer for more info as they don't seem to have any and what they have doesn't appear to be accurate. Cali Chris is saying in his latest "Factory Update" video that "some" are still closed (doesn't specify which) and to check the internet for news. As far as I can see, everything is open again and that's certainly what my dealer said in his last email.

No blanket here :D
I generally think the Cali Chris videos are good but found yesterday’s a waste of time based on the title “Factory update”

Feel exactly the same as you (and not been waiting as long as you). I’m pleased that the Coast orders are coming through for people but do find the whole thing pretty frustrating. Every Coast order coming through feels like another kick while I’m already down :(
If it’s picnic blankets for the patience shown by Coast customers (I use that term as loosely as VW seem to). Those waiting for Oceans will be getting a Fortnum and Mason hamper, two week timeshare villa in Tuscany and a cuddly toy.

Ordered mine early September 2021 and just had confirmation that my Ocean 4M is saying week 27, which means it won’t be here I’m time to
avoid these price increases!

I’d hate to cancel after the long wait but affordability and principal has got me reconsidering this van. I might just buy a van and kit it up myself.

Surely the price should be honoured if we ordered nearly 12 months prior to collecting the van.

Ordered mine early September 2021 and just had confirmation that my Ocean 4M is saying week 27, which means it won’t be here I’m time to
avoid these price increases!

I’d hate to cancel after the long wait but affordability and principal has got me reconsidering this van. I might just buy a van and kit it up myself.

Surely the price should be honoured if we ordered nearly 12 months prior to collecting the van.
All you can do is speak to your dealer. Around the time of the announcement on prices in November / December it seemed like most were saying deliveries after June 2022 wouldn't automatically incur the higher prices and that it would be on a case by case basis.

But then, every Coast that comes through brings that 'flood' of Oceans nearer (sorry, couldn't resist the pun :cool: )

All you can do is speak to your dealer. Around the time of the announcement on prices in November / December it seemed like most were saying deliveries after June 2022 wouldn't automatically incur the higher prices and that it would be on a case by case basis.
Cheers for the info.

Who decides on who will incur the higher prices, Dealer or Ava’s? and on what circumstances would be taken in to consideration ?

Seems a little unfair and discriminative in my opinion. Surely everyone should just be exempt if ordered before November

Auto correction above!

Dealer or VW* ?

My Coast is ready and I'm picking up this week (3 sleeps). Ordered early August. Strangely the postie brought me a parcel today and I was met with the usual suspicious eyes from my wife asking 'what have you ordered now?' I had absolutely no idea and was still confused when I opened it until I read the enclosed letter from the Director of VW Commercial Vehicles. It was a huge VW camper emblazoned fluffy picnic blanket as a thank you for my patience. As nice as it is and I always appreciate a gift, I do hope that you Ocean guys get a little more. Did anyone else get one?
Received the same picnic blanket today. I was very confused as I didn't initially see the letter from VW. Thought it was another random Amazon purchase I'd forgotten about!

Back