Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

News from dealer today, after I emailed - scheduled build date now showing as 9th May (so week 19?). Jun ‘21 order, Ocean 150, no tow bar. Quiet optimism is the general feeling now, touch wood etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same for me, Ocean 150 with Tow Bar ordered June 4th 2021 status 20 with build week of 19 so week of 9th of May.

My build week 9 ocean is now at a UK port so I should have possesion in the next few weeks. Which would bring it in at a 12 month lead time.

Quick question on pick-up - do VW provide any short term insurance or do I need to arrange this prior to collection?
Nothing was offered w hen we picked our Ocean up in February. When my wife collected a new Golf some years ago, it came with 1 weeks insurance FOC, as have other brands I’ve had from new. Thats maybe the difference between ‘cars’ and ‘commercials’. Ordered via Liverpool Van Centre.

It is available at Liverpool. We asked a mo th ago when we picked up our van.

When did you order your Coast David ? Sorry if I’ve missed it. We’re waiting for a Coast too, same spec different colour
Phil
11th September 2021 - I suspect that delivery is not solely dependent upon order date, but dealer allocation - I could be wrong however.

Latest update just received from our dealer for our 204 Ocean ordered August 2021:

Currently your order has been delayed until week 35 ( 29th August ) so would expect to see it physically in September.

:(:(:(

Buzz61 - did they know or say if it would be a model year 22 or 23 version. There was talk on here around anything built after week 25 was likely to be MY23 - not that I’ve seen a new VW brochure/changes published. Just curious as in similar boat, ordered end July 21, provisional build May 22, last update status 0, build week 0, factory shut…

Just had a chat with my dealer. My September 21 order is currently showing build week 38! (Originally around the middle of May).
But they’ve still not had an update from VW regarding the current delays/rescheduling etc. That is supposed to be some time this month.
They were hopeful that the date will improve but who knows…

Buzz61 - did they know or say if it would be a model year 22 or 23 version. There was talk on here around anything built after week 25 was likely to be MY23 - not that I’ve seen a new VW brochure/changes published. Just curious as in similar boat, ordered end July 21, provisional build May 22, last update status 0, build week 0, factory shut…

They didn’t mention about model year and we didn’t think to ask. If we’re going to be stung by the price increase, I’m hoping it will be MY23 and that one of the changes will be to include £5K cash in the safe :D Fingers crossed you get some good news soon.

Just had a chat with my dealer. My September 21 order is currently showing build week 38! (Originally around the middle of May).
But they’ve still not had an update from VW regarding the current delays/rescheduling etc. That is supposed to be some time this month.
They were hopeful that the date will improve but who knows…
That sucks, but at least it’s consistent with what we’ve been told (we were originally beginning of May (week 18), then a 10 week delay to that, then today’s news of Week 35. I’ve seen a few people mention end of April updates, so with any luck we’ll all get some better news then.

Got an update from my dealer (Liverpool) yesterday. Seems pretty consistent with others at the moment. 150 Ocean ordered August 2021. Showing on system as a code 10 build for week 28 (July). That’s slipped from my last update which was for a May build.

I finally hit the jackpot after a wait of 1 year, 5 months and 6 days. My Coast is in production. I'm hoping to have it in 4-6 weeks. The excitement is real.
Patience is indeed a virtue…but man that has been a long wait and some serious patience.
Very pleased for you. Enjoy your new home from home. Photos when you take delivery are I’m afraid essential.

I finally hit the jackpot after a wait of 1 year, 5 months and 6 days. My Coast is in production. I'm hoping to have it in 4-6 weeks. The excitement is real.

Great news. Some Coast deliveries reported on this forum seem to have leapfrogged the queue. Must have been frustrating to see this - did you go for a ‘basic’ Coast or add lots extras?

Having read about all your Coast vans appearing we rang our dealer today. ( didn’t speak to our usual man, but he checked our status for us). Appears our Coast has been ‘Built’ for 4 weeks, but no news of shipping yet. This is probably due to a delay on one component but we have no idea which. At least we know we are progressing. We had been suggested May/ June delivery at time of order, so hopefully by then

Having read about all your Coast vans appearing we rang our dealer today. ( didn’t speak to our usual man, but he checked our status for us). Appears our Coast has been ‘Built’ for 4 weeks, but no news of shipping yet. This is probably due to a delay on one component but we have no idea which. At least we know we are progressing. We had been suggested May/ June delivery at time of order, so hopefully by then
Thanks for the update. I guess you ordered your Coast August/‘September 21 ?

Our coast ordered early September is now at the dealers and I’ve been told they will be in touch to arrange delivery - hopefully very soon ! Extras include towbar , camera , upgraded wheels and privacy glass.
I’d drive over right now and peer at it through the railings If there’s no one about you could climb over the railings with a flask and chairs, wind the awning out and sit and have a brew

I’d drive over right now and peer at it through the railings If there’s no one about you could climb over the railings with a flask and chairs, wind the awning out and sit and have a brew
Tempting !

Back