Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Just had an update from my dealer. Sometime during the past week my Ocean has gone from status 10, week 21 to status 20, week 21 :D
**Good News**
Just had my Cali Ocean update, Now Status 20 commencing build week 19, Ordered June 7th.
Yay!!! This is exciting as I’ve been using you both as my markers! Just called our dealer for an update but he’s out of the office - it feels so close and yet so far haha.

Does no one want to continue this thread? Let me do it: My dealer told me last week that my order’s build week confirmed: week 18, that’s this week! Means my ocean is in production now! Hope everything is going well. Ocean 204ps, 4M, tow bar, power sliding door.

Does no one want to continue this thread? Let me do it: My dealer told me last week that my order’s build week confirmed: week 18, that’s this week! Means my ocean is in production now! Hope everything is going well. Ocean 204ps, 4M, tow bar, power sliding door.
Brilliant news, it will be with you before you know it. When did you order?

We’re still waiting for news from our dealer, hopefully no news is good news!

Beach Camper ordered the beginning of July 21. Built and awaiting shipment. Hopefully due to pick up end of May.

So now that Oceans are ‘in production’ does this mean that everyone has their Coasts?

Been chasing our order for a couple of months now.. Ordered 21st June 2021 - Ocean with a few extras, not much.

Confirmed for a week 24 build i.e end of June with hopeful early august delivery..

Happy days.. was looking unlikely for a summer holiday trip to Europe but we might just get there now…

I have now gone from 'in production' to ready for pickup week of May 23rd. The months of eyeing everyone else Cali's will soon be over.......

I think I will buy a lottery card tonight.
that’s what i’m thinking. The pessimist in me still thinks they might crash it into a low bridge on the way to the showroom!

Mine’s built too, dealer said it might be June yet though? Maybe we should have a wager on who gets the keys first!

Liverpool van centre have messaged me today to say our Coast is built ‘and awaiting shipping to the UK’. ETA ‘maybe the end of next month’.
They seemed as surprised as us, as the information two weeks ago, was expect tentative Q3 build, even that was early for a 8th Nov order !
I’m just sorting a flask and sleeping bag and heading up to Newcastle to make sure they don’t dink it or rag it about getting it off the boat !

Last edited:
Liverpool van centre have messaged me today to say our Coast is built and ‘and awaiting shipping to the UK’. ETA ‘maybe the end of next month’.
Uh? Two months to ship a van from Germany the UK?

Uh? Two months to ship a van from Germany the UK?
Exactly. It’ll be here early June I imagine. There are tales of people who’ve had a 6 week wait sat in the port tho so I’m not planning anything until July.
First stop, camping with grandkids (3 and 6 years) who we’ve not seen through lockdown or Covid infections. I can see we’ll be selling it after a weekend away

Rang for update on mine but still status 10, provisional build week 23. Ordered end June 21. Waiting for status 20.

Also called today for update on my Ocean 150 and was told changed to status 10, provisional week 34 build, which is further off than I was hoping. Ordered end of June 2021.

Was told the dates are swinging around all the time and he was reluctant to give me the build week as it might change again. I said I'll not hold you to it!

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

We were down at Breeze Poole today collecting our new van, and they said it's been manic - vans arriving unexpectedly and very frequently now. There were loads of Cali's sat in their yard - more than I'd seen in one place before :) but they said that was quiet compared to what they'd seen recently.

Anyhow - here's a couple of pictures to keep you folks who are still waiting going - they do arrive eventually! :)

IMG_5090 - Copy.JPEG
IMG_5092 - Copy.JPEG

We were down at Breeze Poole today collecting our new van, and they said it's been manic - vans arriving unexpectedly and very frequently now. There were loads of Cali's sat in their yard - more than I'd seen in one place before :) but they said that was quiet compared to what they'd seen recently.

Anyhow - here's a couple of pictures to keep you folks who are still waiting going - they do arrive eventually! :)

View attachment 92758
View attachment 92759
What are those wheels please?

Back