Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Finally met the new van in the "metal" today.
Paid the deposit Mar 17th 2021 (thought it was April!), so 14 months to the day and I can almost change my user profile to '22 150 DSG Ocean (Starlight).

Just the small matter of paying for it to attend to, and I'll pick it up on Tuesday... what's another weekend after all this time?!

Finally met the new van in the "metal" today.
Paid the deposit Mar 17th 2021 (thought it was April!), so 14 months to the day and I can almost change my user profile to '22 150 DSG Ocean (Starlight).

Just the small matter of paying for it to attend to, and I'll pick it up on Tuesday... what's another weekend after all this time?!
Congrats, it will be everything you were hoping for.

Just spoke to my dealership - last information in March was a provisional build week 25. Now showing confirmed build week 23.

Ordered October '21, 204 Ocean.
Great news, did your dealer mention anything about side assist?
Edited: assuming not as you’ve already got a confirmed build week.

We’re still waiting for an update from our dealer, but it has only been two weeks of trying to get hold of him *insert rolleyes emoji*. On the plus side, I’m hoping we’re now two weeks closer to a build week.

Love seeing everyone’s good news updates - looks like lots of lovely vans arriving in time for summer.

Last edited:
That description above was taken from the VW site, so ‍:talktothehand
Yeah, I saw that but I also saw conflicting detail further down on the same page in the breakdown which matched what my dealer had told me...
And its only 250 quid.
I'm going to be keeping it anyway so its a bit acedemic for me. I do wonder how many are removing it.

Call from our Irish dealer today. Our Ocean is now in the country and will be ready for collection May 26th :)
Great stuff-Did you order from FK in Dublin? Ours was on same boat but haven't been given a collection date. If with FK did you speak with Daryl or Ger there?

Great stuff-Did you order from FK in Dublin? Ours was on same boat but haven't been given a collection date. If with FK did you speak with Daryl or Ger there?
Hello,
Yes we ordered from FK with Darryl. Spike with him today and he said he will have the van next Monday/ Tuesday. He said they will have it ready for me to collect next Thursday.
When did you order and what did you order?

Yeah, I saw that but I also saw conflicting detail further down on the same page in the breakdown which matched what my dealer had told me...
And its only 250 quid.
I'm going to be keeping it anyway so its a bit acedemic for me. I do wonder how many are removing it.
In my experience the wing mirror radar sensors illuminate the warning light in the mirror, and prevent you pulling out into the path of another vehicle. I believe this must be linked to the lane keeping assist.

Great news, did your dealer mention anything about side assist?
Edited: assuming not as you’ve already got a confirmed build week.

We’re still waiting for an update from our dealer, but it has only been two weeks of trying to get hold of him *insert rolleyes emoji*. On the plus side, I’m hoping we’re now two weeks closer to a build week.

Love seeing everyone’s good news updates - looks like lots of lovely vans arriving in time for summer.
What dealer have you gone with? Seems pretty poor that they’ve not got back to you with an update…

If you have also gone for the drivers assistance package, including lane assist, the side assist is needed. This helps to protect you moving into the path of a vehicle approaching from behind. It’s saved my goose once for sure. It’s not just a wing mirror light, but tweaks the steering wheel and sounds an alert.
I’m not sure I’ve heard the audible alert. It has slammed on the brakes for me though when a truck pulled into my lane. It was like i'd hit a brick wall and it saved my bacon.
It also jammed them on when I was reversing once to avoid a car approaching in my blind spot.
Highly recommended!

Last edited:
Thought I'd take a pic of my 2 month old Ocean, with awning out for 1st time and with Picnic mat.
David

View attachment 93046
Hi @f3fisa
Would you mind checking your V5C to see if your Ocean has been registered as a Pricate Light Goods vehicle with a motor caravan body type?
I’d be grateful as there is a theory mine has been mis-registered as such.
Thanks I’m advance
Tim

Hello,
Yes we ordered from FK with Darryl. Spike with him today and he said he will have the van next Monday/ Tuesday. He said they will have it ready for me to collect next Thursday.
When did you order and what did you order?
I think October 21 just before price increase. We were dealing with Ger I'm sure will hear about collection later this week. Ascot Grey Beach DSG/few bits and bobs extra (7k worth :oops:) ...Yourself?

What dealer have you gone with? Seems pretty poor that they’ve not got back to you with an update…
We ordered through Heritage, and the customer service has been pretty poor throughout, especially considering VW recommend all updates are through your dealer. It’s been a very different service to the “building relationships with our customers is so important” spiel we got when we were looking to buy!

We get that dealers are busy / short-staffed / struggling to get the information from VW, which is why we haven’t been pestering them constantly. However, when we have tried to make contact they’ve been pants! A few months ago we wanted to amend our order to add a tow bar, but weren’t able to get any answers about if this was possible, potential impact on price protection, delays etc. We very much got the impression that they just didn’t want the extra paperwork.

It would be so much easier all round if VW had a simple tracking app so you could see for yourself what status your vehicle was at… even if that was to confirm there is no status!

Looks like starlight blue

I have ordered the same colour. More pics when you pick it up please.
It is indeed. You won't regret the colour - looks amazing but it's impossible to do justice with a phone pic in a dark garage! Proper pics to follow

Reactions: SFO
Back