Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Not me! Ordered Coast early September 21, a build date of mid March was the last we heard then nothing since. Really hoping for some news soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also ordered early September (Coast with a few options). Last update when I chased the dealer 10 days ago was that the vehicle had been built and they would expect it in around 5-6 weeks. Yesterday I received an invoice from the dealer and it is being delivered next week!

I also ordered early September (Coast with a few options). Last update when I chased the dealer 10 days ago was that the vehicle had been built and they would expect it in around 5-6 weeks. Yesterday I received an invoice from the dealer and it is being delivered next week!
Does the invoice have to be paid before you collect? Or is it just preparing you for the collection day?

Does the invoice have to be paid before you collect? Or is it just preparing you for the collection day?
With the dealer I am using they want payment before delivery. I would have collected had they offered a Saturday collection. Also it's bank transfer only, and the value exceeds my banks limit for an online banking transfer, so I have to visit the bank in person ..

With the dealer I am using they want payment before delivery. I would have collected had they offered a Saturday collection. Also it's bank transfer only, and the value exceeds my banks limit for an online banking transfer, so I have to visit the bank in person ..
In the past I have transferred funds in smaller chunks over a few days to avoid the transfer limit. I have also transferred a large amount using a debit card at the dealership, that seemed to work ok.

I’m really surprised we have to pay before we see it, based on the issues you hear about…
This is the first new vehicle I’ve bought, so have no experience of it.

I’m really surprised we have to pay before we see it, based on the issues you hear about…
This is the first new vehicle I’ve bought, so have no experience of it.
We bought a Tesla a few months ago, all online and payment 7 days before collection. No (or very little) PDI, any issues are raised via the app and a service booked - either with a mobile ranger or touchless drop off at a service centre.

It’s the future….apparently…‍♂️

I couldn’t pay beforehand, they wouldn’t let me pay until I had okayed the van. Which is a PITA because I okayed it last week and have to wait til Tuesday to pick it up!

Might be worth checking if you can do it over the phone if it's a pain to get to a branch - I've done it like that before with Santander and Lloyds.

It’s another reason to use VW finance initially, as well accessing any deposit contributions/service deals on offer; small deposit up front and then pay the balance off at leisure during the cooling off period and once your happy with the vehicle on collection.

Might be worth checking if you can do it over the phone if it's a pain to get to a branch - I've done it like that before with Santander and Lloyds.
Telephone limit is lower... TBH I'm considering changing my bank as the majority of their branches are now only open for part of the working day which means time off work or a 20 mile round trip to one that opens at weekends. I suspect this is now common across the sector though...

Our delivery status is back to ‘00 system error’ apparently! Dealer has said this is due to system update moving from 2022 to 2023 models. Status until last week was status ‘10 build week 24’ . Is anyone else in the same boat? Very frustrating.
Ocean 4 Motion ordered June 21 with Eurovans.

Agree - ours came through the Tyne. The port of entry should be stated on the factory order. You can ask for a copy for your interest / peace of mind - we had one from Liverpool VC .
Ok thanks, just noticed there was a boat from Emden to Grimsby in the last couple of days.

I’m trying to find the update on this thread around the cut-off date for delivery to avoid price rises. We ordered our Beach Camper in late November 2021 and had expected delivery in Sept 2022 at the earliest, so assumed I would be hit by the price rise. Now I have a status 20 and build week 22, so might just get delivery by end of June (I am an optimist!), or during July. So I’m wondering if I might miss the price rise after all..

Can anyone remember an update on this thread that said the cut off date was extended by a month, and if so when that month now ends?

I’m trying to find the update on this thread around the cut-off date for delivery to avoid price rises. We ordered our Beach Camper in late November 2021 and had expected delivery in Sept 2022 at the earliest, so assumed I would be hit by the price rise. Now I have a status 20 and build week 22, so might just get delivery by end of June (I am an optimist!), or during July. So I’m wondering if I might miss the price rise after all..

Can anyone remember an update on this thread that said the cut off date was extended by a month, and if so when that month now ends?
As I understood it, the order cut-off date for the price protection was 9th Nov 21, after that date the price protection would no longer apply. Originally the extra caveat on orders placed on or before 9th Nov was that they had to be registered by end of June 22 - subsequently that date was, I believe, extended until end of Sept 22 - but no movement on the order cut-off date of 9th Nov.

Having said that, given that your van looks to be coming through soon, you may well be 'lucky' and get it at the original price. Fingers crossed for you.

As I understood it, the order cut-off date for the price protection was 9th Nov 21, after that date the price protection would no longer apply. Originally the extra caveat on orders placed on or before 9th Nov was that they had to be registered by end of June 22 - subsequently that date was, I believe, extended until end of Sept 22 - but no movement on the order cut-off date of 9th Nov.

Having said that, given that your van looks to be coming through soon, you may well be 'lucky' and get it at the original price. Fingers crossed for you.
Agree with this, it’s how I remember it.
I think the only thing that @flymartin should get confirmation on is whether they’d have price protection from the recent rise (early May I think)?

Thanks both - I will give the dealer a call and check re the order date cut off. As I say I’d kind of factored in the price rise, but always happy to save a few quid..

Thanks both - I will give the dealer a call and check re the order date cut off. As I say I’d kind of factored in the price rise, but always happy to save a few quid..
As soon as the dealer has the VIN and the vehicle is physically in the UK, and you have paid whatever is agreed, then they can register the vehicle. It’s the registration VW will work on regarding price deals, hikes or discounts. Rather than wait till you’re ready to collect, let the dealer know you’re happy to register asap and you might just sneak in under the wire!

Well today is the big day. I am now the lucky owner of the world’s most expensive flashlight…
yNGzW5m.jpg

I’ll post a proper pic when the van’s somewhere nice (underground car park doesn’t do the colour justice haha)

Good luck to all still waiting, after 14 months I can reassure you that they eventually do turn up!

Back