Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

D

Duncs04

Vehicle
Just browsing
Wow that’s good for a September order.
As Calibusje said, it was an order already on the system which I managed to get hold of. I rang around many dealers to see if anyone had a canceled order and eventually found one, I was just lucky. It is a high spec 4motion but was what we were after anyway.
I didn't get as big a discount as you would expect when placing a new order from scratch, but it was still a considerable discount and meant that I wouldn't miss the 2022 season.

calibusje

calibusje

VIP Member
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
As Calibusje said, it was an order already on the system which I managed to get hold of. I rang around many dealers to see if anyone had a canceled order and eventually found one, I was just lucky. It is a high spec 4motion but was what we were after anyway.
I didn't get as big a discount as you would expect when placing a new order from scratch, but it was still a considerable discount and meant that I wouldn't miss the 2022 season.
congratulations on your order and good for you that you have a relatively short delivery time this way. I can imagine you are looking forward to it! Now buy your extra stuff wisely ;) :D

Corradobrit

Corradobrit

Vehicle
Looking to buy
The dealer has provided an encouraging update that my Cali Coast is scheduled for delivery to the supplying dealer on the 13th April. That will make it 17 months from the order date. Must be close to the record if I'm not mistaken......

CaliAzur

CaliAzur

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
VW chat is a waste of time !
We've had one email from our dealer at the start of November saying we have an unconfirmed build month of January 22, not heard anything since.
My dealer has always told me if there are any updates hell let me know.
I know its frustrating but i've not pestered him and i've always been prepared to wait a year.
Order placed on the 31st march .
They won’t tell you anything about your order in the online chat in my experience, I was referred back to the dealer, whom in most cases has the most up to date information anyway; as received from Germany.

CaliAzur

CaliAzur

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
View attachment 87706
Well after almost 11 months, I finally got the chance to see my new California today (it apparently arrived at the dealers yesterday). I won't be able to drive it until it has had its dealer's checks and is licensed in early January, but it was so nice being able to see it in person. Thank you to all of you who have posted here over the time I have been a member, as it has been comforting to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
For your info:
Ordered 12 Feb 2021
California Ocean SWB 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG 4MOTION
Differential Lock
Plus other additions
Gorgeous ! You’l love the 4Motion, to get of the beaten track, it’s the way to go. I took the 4MO with the diff block. Have not needed the diff block yet, but the 4MO in itself is a joy to get close to lake sides etc.

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thankfully there is another route via Port of Tyne.

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
True, but believe all UK stevedores are part of the same union.
They may well belong to Unite, however Unite has a beef about certain port employers - and from what I see on the Unite website these include Forth Ports, PD Ports and Peel Ports. Sheerness is operated by Peel Ports. Port of Tyne doesn‘t appear to be involved in the Unite action.

Hawthorn37

Hawthorn37

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
True, but believe all UK stevedores are part of the same union.
They may well belong to Unite, however Unite has a beef about certain port employers - and from what I see on the Unite website these include Forth Ports, PD Ports and Peel Ports. Sheerness is operated by Peel Ports. Port of Tyne doesn‘t appear to be involved in the Unite action.
In looking at the factory production info we had in November, I see that the receiving port is nominated at that point (Port of Tyne in our case). I don’t know if VW will alter this if the nominated port is closed - certainly would hope so. This can have a knock-on impact across all deliveries of course. So like you @Ch1pbutty I hope the dispute is solved quickly.

Our own van is “being shipped” as advised by the dealer a couple of days ago.

bob_summers

bob_summers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Knowing VW they won’t care, and keep sending to Sheerness even though they are just pushing them off the ship into the sea!

Bobbyjean-IRL

Bobbyjean-IRL

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Ordered a 2WD Coast in Ireland on the 31st of Jan 2021, after many delays (due May, then August, then November) finally it is in country and am picking it up this Wednesday. Delighted!
That's great @Irelandcali where are you based, im in limerick, what colour etc did you order hopefully meet you on the irish roads this year?

Irelandcali

Irelandcali

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150
That's great @Irelandcali where are you based, im in limerick, what colour etc did you order hopefully meet you on the irish roads this year?
We're in Dublin - cherry red with the privacy glass - I would have loved a 2 tone but couldn't bring myself to pay €3.5k for it - finances were already streched! Plenty of planning going on now for holidays/weekends in Ireland this year.

Bobbyjean-IRL

Bobbyjean-IRL

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Picked up the van of Friday evening last also. Well worth the wait. Just finalising insurance details now to get on the road.

View attachment 88040
Fantastic, Well wear, looks great, I think we are getting those wheels too, are you member of IMCC it will help reduce insurance costs. where are you planning your first trip? I hope you don't mind me asking but did the new VRT rate increase the final price by much. i reckon its going to be another 4% on top of our updated quote in July,

Bobbyjean-IRL

Bobbyjean-IRL

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
We're in Dublin - cherry red with the privacy glass - I would have loved a 2 tone but couldn't bring myself to pay €3.5k for it - finances were already streched! Plenty of planning going on now for holidays/weekends in Ireland this year.
excellent that's 3 new vans this year in ireland so far. I cant wait to hit the road and we have sale agreed on our T4 "Jessie" but not parting with keys till we get our hands on the new one, hopefully, end of the month.

andyinluton

andyinluton

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
17" Aracaju's. They come as standard on the Coast/Ocean Edition

In the UK the silver painted version of those is standard on an Ocean.
I don't recall seeing the black/diamond cut versions on a UK options list.

VW California Club