Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Reading some of the posts above with 'comparatively' short lead times, I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever see my Ocean. Clearly not being built on a 'first come, first served' basis, even for similarly-specced vehicles.
Ordered my 204 4M in June 2021. Opted to keep side assist. Have just been advised (following my request for an update, of course) that it's now status 10 with a build week of 40 ! So I may be lucky to get behind the wheel some time in November, I guess.
Order in Belgium same specs januari 2021, expecting delivery somewhere in juli 2022.

Hoping to hear that they’ve received it early this coming week.
On Friday it was still showing as at the U.K. port but has been booked for road transport.
Won’t be long, exciting times. Get some pictures up :)

Beautiful! Ours is supposed to go into build tomorrow, almost identical! So exciting!
I am so glad that I chose that colour now, it took me some time to finally decide on it.
But I think that they all look great whatever colour you have.
It’s so nice to drive and very quiet inside, it’s just great to finally have it.

Inductive phone charging feature
Didn’t know this was now available. Was it standard or an option?
I wonder if it can be retrofitted to a MY22?
Yes I had a bit of retrying trouble too with the headlight range control. Took 2 dealer trips to sort it.
Your stop/start definitely shouldn’t click.
Warranties are a wonderful thing but they don’t account for the time booking, getting to and faffing with the dealer…
Anyway as you say enjoy the rest of it - particularly that stunning green which looks mirrored it’s so clean

Last edited:
Didn’t know this was now available. Was it standard or an option?
I wonder if it can be retrofitted to a MY22?
Yes I had a bit of retrying trouble too with the headlight range control. Took 2 trips to sort it.
Your stop/start definitely shouldn’t click.
Warranties are a wonderful thing but they don’t account for the time booking, getting to and faffing with the dealer…
Anyway as you say enjoy the rest of it - particularly that stunning green which looks mirrored it’s so clean
My understanding is it is a EU fit only and as the owner looks like they are southern Ireland based, would be available on theirs. Not available at all for UK spec vans.

My understanding is it is a EU fit only and as the owner looks like they are southern Ireland based, would be available on theirs. Not available at all for UK spec vans.
Indeed. It’s an option in Ireland but not in the UK. In practice, the inductive charging option appears to be a total waste of money. My iPhone 13 Pro doesn’t work at all with it. My wife’s iPhone X does charge, but extremely slowly while the phone gets incredibly hot.

VW’s answer so far has been: it doesn’t work with all phones - tough. Googling around appears to show that it’s indeed the case: it often doesn’t work at all or works but charges far too slowly and causes phones to get really hot.

Given the other issues at hand, I’m focusing on getting the bigger ones sorted before I tackle this one (latest issue is that the carpet under the passenger seat and in between the two seats gets soaking wet - seemingly when we use the sink).

Overall, we love the van and many things work perfectly. But there is definitely some shoddy quality assurance happening here.

There was a small picture and mention of it briefly in the July 2021 UK brochure as if it was going to be a new feature for MY22. Wasn't in the next brochure and never appeared on any UK models.

There was a small picture and mention of it briefly in the July 2021 UK brochure as if it was going to be a new feature for MY22. Wasn't in the next brochure and never appeared on any UK models.
Maybe VW U.K. knew how flaky it is

And so, after almost 14 months, it's finally here...

View attachment 94594

(picture taken at Dún Laoghaire near Dublin - not where I live although I wouldn't mind having one of these amazing sea-front houses)

It's ridiculously gorgeous. Downside of this color is that everyone stops to look at it or have a chat. Not exactly discreet. But so lovely...

Picked it up yesterday afternoon but we've been so busy at home and work that we haven't even had time to unpack anything, fill the water or find a gas bottle. But everything seems to be there.

As often seems to be the cases, there are a few issues:
  • Engine stop/start system: loud clicks whenever the engines stops and again when it starts up.
  • Inductive phone charging feature: doesn't work. Phone starts charging for a second and then stops charging. The Discovery Media system displays an error message: "Unable to charge the mobile phone in the storage tray. Please remove all items from the tray except for the phone".
  • ACC: missing altogether.
Dealer is off today but he'll be back tomorrow so I'll see what he says. In the meantime, I'm enjoying what works :)
It looks stunning - may see you around when we get ours.............whenever that may be!!! If the ACC is missing from ours I may have a very disappointed (cross) hubbie to deal with as he loves it on his Golf SV.

Picked up my ocean this morning from breeze Poole ,ordered September 21 so very fortunate to get so soon it’s a beauty really happy with the van and the service from Jon at breeze .said he had 4 californias been picked up today busy lad .

View attachment 94724
Looks fantastic in that colour I think. We're eagerly awaiting out Bay-leaf Green Ocean in October hopefully!

It looks stunning - may see you around when we get ours.............whenever that may be!!! If the ACC is missing from ours I may have a very disappointed (cross) hubbie to deal with as he loves it on his Golf SV.
Don’t worry about it. I’m sure it was a one-off fluke. We have the van booked to get looked at on Monday.

Same here. When the dealer emailed last week it was week 50 but I didn't realise that was status 10. Now status 20 and week 28. Fingers crossed for everybody that orders start to move through as planned.

Spoke to Dave M over at Eurovans (top chap) and great news - van has gone from a 20 to a 38 (at port).

He thinks that it will have departed within a week heading to Sheerness and by his numbers and process we should have by the end of the month - fingers crossed for a series of July and Aug trips.

He said that VW are pushing these through quick to be registered by end June (Q1 results and all that) so he is confident of the timeline. Let's see, but we hoped end June to mid July so our internal clock is still fine.

For info we are a July 21st 2021 fully loaded Ocean in white + green and the only options we don't have is sport packs, towbar and the 4M. So the 204, Palmerston alloys, shower, wood floors, upgraded satnav system, all the self driving toys same as our Tiguan and many other bits and bobs.

All the "extras" are bought and filling the garage, just musing on top mattress now that does not take a load of space and how best to store my road bike inside and keep it safe and un-nickable. Some sort of rail mounted and removable travel case is my current thinking - like this - https://www.probikekit.co.uk/cycling-accessories-nc/b-w-bike-box/11185499.html

Keep the faith...
So - even better news this morning - now in the UK. They really meant it when they said they wanted these out the door and paid for by the end of the month (end of their financial quarter). With a good wind, pickup and pictures next week. So that means:
Order - 21st July 21
In Build - WB 16th May 22
At Port - WB 13th June 22 (so a 4-week build through the factory! Parts, parts, parts.)
At UK - WB 20th June 22
Pickup - Fingers crossed, by end of next week to meet their deadline and for their Quarter figures to include the sale.
DM at Eurovans said that as soon as it's on his system and registered he should get it to us in 3 days. Here's hoping.

It was in the 2019 brochure as well but never fitted.

At last....confirmed build week 27....will have to change my signature soon.
@Rex911 just spotted you are a croftite! Living in culcheth here, north east warrington will soon be awash with lovely calis.. expecting ours in late august...

Back