Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Two tone bay leaf green / white by any chance? Mine is single colour bay leaf green and still in build since around then apparently.

What other options did you order? I went with a few but wondering if it's the tow bar, Discovery Pro or the tyre pressure monitoring.

Also ordered with wood floor, 18" Terissina alloys and 80L fuel tank.
Yes, two-tone green/white.

Same wheels as yours plus 80ltr tank, tow bar, comfort mattress and 4 keys. No tyre pressure monitor or Discovery Pro or wooden floor.

Ordered from Liverpool end of June 21.

Yes, two-tone green/white.

Same wheels as yours plus 80ltr tank, tow bar, comfort mattress and 4 keys. No tyre pressure monitor or Discovery Pro or wooden floor.

Ordered from Liverpool end of June 21.
I ordered 31st June from Listers Coventry.

So potentially it's either

Paint
Tow bar (always seems to be the fave cause when talking about delays)
80l tank
Comfort mattress (forgot that was an option)
Terrissina alloys

Well hopefully our vans are keeping each other company which ever dark corner of the factory they are currently in

I ordered 31st June from Listers Coventry.

So potentially it's either

Paint
Tow bar (always seems to be the fave cause when talking about delays)
80l tank
Comfort mattress (forgot that was an option)
Terrissina alloys

Well hopefully our vans are keeping each other company which ever dark corner of the factory they are currently in
We’ll have to have a meet up when they arrive, let them reminisce about the time they were stuck in the corner of the factory…;-)

Picked up my ocean this morning from breeze Poole ,ordered September 21 so very fortunate to get so soon it’s a beauty really happy with the van and the service from Jon at breeze .said he had 4 californias been picked up today busy lad .

View attachment 94724
Think I saw this Cali/you as I drove out in my GC? Certainly someone with a bay leaf green one was collecting. Looks great in that colour :cool:

Think I saw this Cali/you as I drove out in my GC? Certainly someone with a bay leaf green one was collecting. Looks great in that colour :cool:
Yes, you did drive past us, while we were loading Up the van, enjoy your van

Picked up my ocean this morning from breeze Poole ,ordered September 21 so very fortunate to get so soon it’s a beauty really happy with the van and the service from Jon at breeze .said he had 4 californias been picked up today busy lad .

View attachment 94724
Wow, that’s fast..! Did you have some incriminating photos of the sales guy…lol…?

Looks great, still waiting for ours from Liverpool.

Love the
I also collected my Ocean from Jon + Breeze Poole today, a long day but she’s home and safe ready to be loaded up with all the bits and pieces iv bought over the last 12 months, I don’t know where to start really, to much excitement for one day. Haha

View attachment 94728
wheels and the sports pack

Well after over 17 months of waiting since my original order and 12 months since the first beach was damaged on the boat my replacement beach has left the factory.

Now time to decide whether to sell or keep it as we ended up having to buy a used t5.1 and have spent quite a bit on it and everyone had decided the love it.

Pic of the t5.1 we will probably keep

9B8F8453-7F0F-4272-AC94-B703F59419C2.png

How do VW actually choose who's van is built first ?

It seems quite unfair at times imo. Surely it should be first come, first serve ?

I can understand when it's based on different spec and components etc but I'm seeing the exact same van spec, which is being built before someone who ordered months before them. Just seems like a crap system VW have

Last edited:
Hey all,

Van arrived this week just in time for summer, very happy with everything.

In the end it was 10 months from ordering to receiving. The dealer was great and kept us informed.

How are others doing on delivery times? What’s the latest eta given by dealers if you order new today?

425329B6-5ABF-4262-8E03-9D0F32CC72E2.jpeg

Wow, quite a few very nice calis have been delivered! Actually, every California is beautiful, any version and I wish everyone safe travels.
We have had our coast for over a month now and I really enjoy driving it (also for commuting). For the waiting who are wondering what is too short at Volkswagen to built theirs or how VW 'chooses' which one to make: you will never know exactly why but I understand your concerns: we have waited 20 months and in that time there was a long period of time in the UK (I am from Belgium) deliveries were made of calis which were later than ours ordered. It’s like that; There are some major and bad events in the world that are causing that plus shortages and a big increase in orders. We all realize this. This is the case with other manufacturers who, like Volkswagen, make a niche product and then mostly by hand. I didn't wonder much why it took so long, he would come anyway. So enjoy looking forward to it, this forum, ordering stuff and the many Facebook pages about californias or traveling with them.
Greetings
Calibusje

Last edited:
Well after over 17 months of waiting since my original order and 12 months since the first beach was damaged on the boat my replacement beach has left the factory.

Now time to decide whether to sell or keep it as we ended up having to buy a used t5.1 and have spent quite a bit on it and everyone had decided the love it.

Pic of the t5.1 we will probably keep

View attachment 94729
You won’t lose any money, that’s for sure! You could try advertising both and see what sort of responses you get? Either way, you’re a winner with a great van whichever one you keep

our ocean ordered 21st June 21 is at code 20 and build week confirmed Wc 4th July.

Anyone care to guess when we may see the van? Trying to work out if we will be able to get away before the kids go back to school in early September ….

Well another week gone by, Van arrived in UK Port 1 week ago, still not with the dealer yet :(

our ocean ordered 21st June 21 is at code 20 and build week confirmed Wc 4th July.

Anyone care to guess when we may see the van? Trying to work out if we will be able to get away before the kids go back to school in early September ….
If everything goes without hitch in build and shipping, 2 weeks for build, 1 week factory port and boat, 1 week UK port and ship to dealer, few days for dealer to prep. So if you were extremely luck 5 weeks maybe. We are at week 6 from build and just waiting for it to get to the dealer so I am guessing we will be 7-8 weeks by the time we collect.

As @markab says above, in a normal world, anything between 6-8 weeks seems typical, I've read of people getting them sooner. Unfortunately, we're not in the normal world and as there's a distinct lack of concrete information coming from VW, all you can do is guess atm.

Mine (ordered 30th June) was status 20 for week 20 (May 16th) and is assumed to be have been in build since then (so around a month now) but the status to show progress through the factory hasn't been updated so who knows where it is or how long it might take. Might not even be in build yet....

Personally I'd make no plans that I couldn't change - I worked on the principal of getting it in April / May this year and have planned my July / August around that along with my existing (non extendable) car lease ending then too. Potentially I'm looking at around a £700 - £1000 hit if it doesn't turn up before mid July.

Last edited:
I finally collected my California today after ordering in May 21. It has been a joy to drive back from Tonbridge and the first time I have ever driven one.
The service that I received from Matt has been excellent and he was really knowledgeable and helpful.
I spoke to several dealers before placing my order with him and I am glad that I did.
He gave me lots of good advice when I made several changes to my order back in November.
I have found this site so helpful and would like to thank you all for the good advice that you give, even though it’s cost me money by adding more options
I am looking forward to new adventures in my California.

5F3D2161-88C5-49D6-ACF8-ADA31E3A2FDD.png

950DEE68-5A61-48CF-8986-21E1FF247CF4.png

5142211E-0D80-4EDB-B7E7-AC2DF6E68CF5.png

19E4851D-9F91-4E07-9854-52B6D73034C1.png

I finally collected my California today after ordering in May 21. It has been a joy to drive back from Tonbridge and the first time I have ever driven one.
The service that I received from Matt has been excellent and he was really knowledgeable and helpful.
I spoke to several dealers before placing my order with him and I am glad that I did.
He gave me lots of good advice when I made several changes to my order back in November.
I have found this site so helpful and would like to thank you all for the good advice that you give, even though it’s cost me money by adding more options

View attachment 94807

View attachment 94808

View attachment 94809

View attachment 94810
Hopefully picking up the same colour with sport pack from SMG next week

Last edited:
Reactions: Doz

View attachment 94807

View attachment 94808

View attachment 94809

View attachment 94810
Love that colour, almost regret ordering black now. Maybe I'll wrap the top half red or orange.

View attachment 94807

View attachment 94808

View attachment 94809

View attachment 94810
Beautiful! Ours is supposed to go into build tomorrow, almost identical! So exciting!

Back