Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

well I'm excited to say that our cali build 41 started this week (confirmed by online chat and the dealer) and interestingly both said they expect the build to complete within 10days.

my dealer still maintains that we should expect it 1st/2nd week of November although in my mind im still thinking end of November.. he said 4~6weeks from build completion is extreme.. so fingers crossed.

started to get real now, lowering springs are going to be fitted as part of the PDI, and ive ordered some side bars from vanstyle in preparation ..

roll on November!
Mine is also a confirmed Week41 build will be collecting from Eurovans Crawley. You?
Out of interest, what’s the cost of fitting the lowering springs?

Mine is also a confirmed Week41 build will be collecting from Eurovans Crawley. You?
As part of the lowering you should check a 4 wheel alignment check and adjustment is done. Best machine to do this is a Hunter if the dealer doesn’t have one get to a tyre city who seem to have these machines

Some dealers are also saying the ACC has to re-calibrated.
I would be interested in lowering the Cali but i'm waiting to see how it rides on 18" wheels first.

Some dealers are also saying the ACC has to re-calibrated.
I would be interested in lowering the Cali but i'm waiting to see how it rides on 18" wheels first.
Can you please explain what ACC is thanks

well I'm excited to say that our cali build 41 started this week (confirmed by online chat and the dealer) and interestingly both said they expect the build to complete within 10days.

my dealer still maintains that we should expect it 1st/2nd week of November although in my mind im still thinking end of November.. he said 4~6weeks from build completion is extreme.. so fingers crossed.

started to get real now, lowering springs are going to be fitted as part of the PDI, and ive ordered some side bars from vanstyle in preparation ..

roll on November!

Hi, what do you need to provide to the chat to get those information? Tks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi, what do you need to provide to the chat to get those information? Tks

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
The 8 digit factory order number, you should have received this from your dealer.

scroll down to sport and design then lowering springs..

I have agreed with my dealer that as its a listed VW accessory (warranted) it will be fitted at PDI Time and they will honour the discount offered of 10% on any VW parts and accessories

so im expecting to pay about £400ish fitted as an additional invoice on collection.

scroll down to sport and design then lowering springs..

I have agreed with my dealer that as its a listed VW accessory (warranted) it will be fitted at PDI Time and they will honour the discount offered of 10% on any VW parts and accessories

so im expecting to pay about £400ish fitted as an additional invoice on collection.
Nice, Have they confirmed the T6 springs will fit a T6.1?

Sounds like a good deal then. Please post up pictures when you get it.
Is the idea of lowering springs for ride/handling or appearance or both? Is there an issue with less ground clearance when wild camping?

Is the idea of lowering springs for ride/handling or appearance or both? Is there an issue with less ground clearance when wild camping?
For me its to allow the van to be used daily without any worry 30mm off the top should allow safe access into all the car parks i ever come across. Plus gives better roll resistance on the road and less rock when you are sleeping up top. Yes the Paris Dakar rally would be more of an issue but I will be using the 4motion just to reach areas others fear to venture. Standard t6 ocean just fitted in my garage

The one discussed is a UK based chat service. Not sure if there is a French chat service.
[/QUOTEYep there is one here in France. Just need to get the 8 digits number from the dealer.
Tks

Preston quoted me £395 + VAT.

I didn’t know about this. Is there a 10% discount for any dealer fitted accessories then if you buy a new vehicle? Where can I find this info? Thanks

I didn’t know about this. Is there a 10% discount for any dealer fitted accessories then if you buy a new vehicle? Where can I find this info? Thanks
Just ask them! You are spending £60k, surely they can knock off £50 on the springs. :thumb

Ahh latest update on delivery, still not convinced it's correct;

"Thank you for waiting, your order is accepted at the Factory, it has not yet had a Build Date allocated. You will have the 199 PS 2.0 TDI engine."

"Thank you for waiting, your order is accepted at the Factory, it has not yet had a Build Date allocated. You will have the 199 PS 2.0 TDI engine."
So based on what somebody posted earlier regarding not being able to register vehicles with these engines in the U.K. after 31/12/20 (haven’t fact checked this) you should get yours before year end. :)

So based on what somebody posted earlier regarding not being able to register vehicles with these engines in the U.K. after 31/12/20 (haven’t fact checked this) you should get yours before year end. :)
That would be nice but I have a sneaky feeling that because it is not allocated a build date yet the engine type may change, but I can live in hope :)

I have just been on the chat and specifically asked which engine I would get. I got this reply....

Thank you for confirming that. I can see that your order is still listed with a 199PS engine, however, it still hasn't been allocated a build week. I would recommend checking with us again next week for an update on this.

So certainly not as specific as your reply. Oh well. Looks like mine’s going to be next year now.

I have just been on the chat and specifically asked which engine I would get. I got this reply....

Thank you for confirming that. I can see that your order is still listed with a 199PS engine, however, it still hasn't been allocated a build week. I would recommend checking with us again next week for an update on this.

So certainly not as specific as your reply. Oh well. Looks like mine’s going to be next year now.
PhilR,
I think I basically got the same answer as you. I think it depends upon who answers. I asked specifically whether I was getting the 199PS and I mentioned that it would not be able to be registered after December 31. I know it sounds specific but we'll have to see.

Phil you are a VIP member, try for the 10% discount they provide for service

New VIP Partner.

Anyone using Lancashire Van Centre service department can claim a 10% discount off their total bill.

For me its to allow the van to be used daily without any worry 30mm off the top should allow safe access into all the car parks i ever come across. Plus gives better roll resistance on the road and less rock when you are sleeping up top. Yes the Paris Dakar rally would be more of an issue but I will be using the 4motion just to reach areas others fear to venture. Standard t6 ocean just fitted in my garage

exactly this .. 3cm making it 196cm makes it more of a daily if the need arises as we’re selling my wife’s car so it’s her daily if needs be as I have a toy in the garage

Back