Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Oooo, just heard our new van Hunter is in Build... 4motion... any recent experiences on timelines from build? I am concerned that it will close to the wire for end of September price protection (I ordered Oct 21) but will get into a massive row if I have to.

Our new wheels on Betty Boo (current van) will be moved across to Hunter - We will say goodbye to Betty Boo, though I am expecting Matt from SMG to owe me money on the 2021 Betty Boo trade in as 2nd hand prices remain so high... I can but hope. Bilbos have also expressed an interest in making an offer.

If you want BFG tires look but don't want to lose 7mpg... check these out as a compromise..

View attachment 98375
Ours was build week 28 (ordered early October 2021) and we were informed last week that it was on its way to Emden. We have never been told anything formally or verbally about price protection expiring so it would be ballsy of the dealer to drop a price increase on pick up day!

Think the factory has woken up after the break… my dealer gave me an update, ordered 1 Mar 22, expected build week 37. Getting closer.

Ours was build week 28 (ordered early October 2021) and we were informed last week that it was on its way to Emden. We have never been told anything formally or verbally about price protection expiring so it would be ballsy of the dealer to drop a price increase on pick up day!
I’ve not had any communication from the dealer about the price, my expectation is to pay what we agreed at time of order. But who knows…!

I’ve not had any communication from the dealer about the price, my expectation is to pay what we agreed at time of order. But who knows…!
When I ordered mine after specing it. I signed and paid deposite and the price was fixed regardless of being delayed on three occasions with covid closures chips shortages and war making my order delayed by more than 20 months. Price still the same.

Likewise but will see once I get the invoice. Also waiting on a price for extending the warranty, dealer did offer an extra two years for £399+VAT which sounds reasonable.

However seemed confused when I pointed out I should be getting the 4 year deal (which was included at time of purchase) and asked if that meant it became 6 years.

When I ordered mine after specing it. I signed and paid deposite and the price was fixed regardless of being delayed on three occasions with covid closures chips shortages and war making my order delayed by more than 20 months. Price still the same.
There’s been quite a lot of discussion about this but it’s difficult to trawl through this thread now! Basically VW paperwork states that prices can alter (up or down) after ordering, so as far as I can see it is down to your dealer whether they are decent about it or not! I will certainly be very unhappy if they try and pass on any increase considering the wait has not been my fault. However, in theory they could just insist and if I don’t like it I get my deposit back and they sell the van (easily) to someone else. My dealer has been decent so far and no mention of any price increase so I’m quite hopeful.

Likewise but will see once I get the invoice. Also waiting on a price for extending the warranty, dealer did offer an extra two years for £399+VAT which sounds reasonable.

However seemed confused when I pointed out I should be getting the 4 year deal (which was included at time of purchase) and asked if that meant it became 6 years.
I enquired about adding the extra warranty (I did confirm I’m getting the 4yr offer and have a screen shot of the offer) to take it to 5yrs, but never got a response. Will be interested to see what you arrange.

I was hoping/expecting(?) that they might offer it as a goodwill gesture for the delays….but I won’t hold my breath..!

I enquired about adding the extra warranty (I did confirm I’m getting the 4yr offer and have a screen shot of the offer) to take it to 5yrs, but never got a response. Will be interested to see what you arrange.

I was hoping/expecting(?) that they might offer it as a goodwill gesture for the delays….but I won’t hold my breath..!
His emails were confusing, he said I "had the care pack allocated" (which I took to mean the 4 year care pack), but *I think* he was working on the principal of adding 2 years to the standard 3. Probably something they do fairly regularly.

He did reply back, confusingly again, that he thought I could extend the 4 years to 5 and would get a price.

There’s been quite a lot of discussion about this but it’s difficult to trawl through this thread now! Basically VW paperwork states that prices can alter (up or down) after ordering, so as far as I can see it is down to your dealer whether they are decent about it or not! I will certainly be very unhappy if they try and pass on any increase considering the wait has not been my fault. However, in theory they could just insist and if I don’t like it I get my deposit back and they sell the van (easily) to someone else. My dealer has been decent so far and no mention of any price increase so I’m quite hopeful.
All true and have pointed this out a few times - the paperwork (I believe it is a VW contract, not dealer) says prices can change. It's fairly clear although quite a few have said that they never signed anything that said that. Reality is the dealer cannot order a van from VW unless you do, so they had to have done at one point or another. The contract is an invitation to buy, not a final price guarantee, hence the need to be careful. That said, our dealer honoured the original price, as did VW. Ref the final price, my understanding is it's down to VW, not the dealer. Ref deposit - my understanding is that while you can pull out of the deal if you are not happy with the final price, but it is a non-refundable deposit, so unless there is dealer goodwill here, you won't get it back.

All true and have pointed this out a few times - the paperwork (I believe it is a VW contract, not dealer) says prices can change. It's fairly clear although quite a few have said that they never signed anything that said that. Reality is the dealer cannot order a van from VW unless you do, so they had to have done at one point or another. The contract is an invitation to buy, not a final price guarantee, hence the need to be careful. That said, our dealer honoured the original price, as did VW. Ref the final price, my understanding is it's down to VW, not the dealer. Ref deposit - my understanding is that while you can pull out of the deal if you are not happy with the final price, but it is a non-refundable deposit, so unless there is dealer goodwill here, you won't get it back.
I've just had the "paperwork" through from the dealer and the price is as per our original order back in June 21, so happy with that.

His emails were confusing, he said I "had the care pack allocated" (which I took to mean the 4 year care pack), but *I think* he was working on the principal of adding 2 years to the standard 3. Probably something they do fairly regularly.

He did reply back, confusingly again, that he thought I could extend the 4 years to 5 and would get a price.
When I asked, I got the impression the max warranty was 5 years, so it wasn't clear how to price going from 4 to 5 years. Apparently its is just a marker on the service file for the car, rather than any paperwork as such.

When I asked, I got the impression the max warranty was 5 years, so it wasn't clear how to price going from 4 to 5 years. Apparently its is just a marker on the service file for the car, rather than any paperwork as such.
Yep, from what I've read elsewhere, you can extend over 5 but it goes to silly money.

Hi all, never posted on here before but have been following this thread closely since placing an order last August for a California 204 ocean. It’s was with Listers Droitwich through AutoeBid and have never my order has never shown any status or projected build weeks in this time. Was just wondering if anyone has ordered through this dealer/broker and their experiences please. Thanks

Hi all, never posted on here before but have been following this thread closely since placing an order last August for a California 204 ocean. It’s was with Listers Droitwich through AutoeBid and have never my order has never shown any status or projected build weeks in this time. Was just wondering if anyone has ordered through this dealer/broker and their experiences please. Thanks
I ordered through Listers but direct (via a mate in the trade), not via AutoeBid. I was originally dealing with Nick Baker there and got limited updates (no info coming from VW to be fair). He left in July and went a bit quiet, but now in contact with Gerry Watt who I think is the sales manager. Might be worth dropping him a message with the order number if you have it.

Don't like to put email addresses on public forums as they tend to get scanned and spammed by bots, but his is firstname.lastname@listers.co.uk - sure you can work it out ;)

Ah great, thanks for that. So at least I know my van should come eventually then! Tbh I’m more concerned about the price increase than the time scale as it doesn’t seen fair considering other later orders are coming through first but guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens

Ah great, thanks for that. So at least I know my van should come eventually then! Tbh I’m more concerned about the price increase than the time scale as it doesn’t seen fair considering other later orders are coming through first but guess I’ll have to wait and see what happens
It's very likely your van could be in build or even completed, VW haven't been updating the dealers systems with order progress as they should. Mine was a June 2021 order, went into build 2nd week in May and got stuck for 10 weeks waiting for parts whilst other later ones were being delivered. It's now in the UK and should be delivered week after next.

I'd get in touch and ask.

Glad to hear your vans finally on its way after a rocky ride! Sure it will have been worth the wait. Well I’ll send an email now and fingers crossed mine not to far behind it. Thanks again

Ours was a week 25 build and arrived at the dealer….. today! Exactly one year since I ordered.
week 25 would be end of June? arriving now would be 2 months later? that doesn't bode well for my build arriving before end of September. :-(

well you have until end of September, so I think you are ok.

Mine went into build Wk20 and its still not here....it depends what options and parts are missing.
I feel for you, but what would you have ordered that others have not? I did add to mine things like 4motion, shower, auto dimming headlights, diff lock, submarine mode... I could be waiting a while.

I feel for you, but what would you have ordered that others have not? I did add to mine things like 4motion, shower, auto dimming headlights, diff lock, submarine mode... I could be waiting a while.
The only thing(s) that I could pin it down to, based on lots of other orders that were placed after mine and delivered already, were 1. Tow Bar (but that seemed to get fixed a while ago, 2. Teresina Wheels. One other order (@Begize ) had these wheels and was also delayed from June 21.

But, as VW don't share much info its virtually impossible to find out why the build takes so long and what its waiting for.

Hopefully they have fixed most of the supply chain issues and yours will arrive sooner rather than later.

Hi Andy. We ordered our Beach through AutoeBid and was dealing with Listers Droitwich. Whole process went well. We always had the updates when I emailed them. Both Nick from start and Gerry to the and was briliant. No issues at all. Collected our Beach 3 weeks ago. We have no regrets that we ordered our Beach throught AutoeBid. See our post on this thread. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-t6-1-order-delays.35353/post-596653

The only thing(s) that I could pin it down to, based on lots of other orders that were placed after mine and delivered already, were 1. Tow Bar (but that seemed to get fixed a while ago, 2. Teresina Wheels. One other order (@Begize ) had these wheels and was also delayed from June 21.

But, as VW don't share much info its virtually impossible to find out why the build takes so long and what its waiting for.

Hopefully they have fixed most of the supply chain issues and yours will arrive sooner rather than later.
I am so glad that we bought Betty Boo as a temporary van, and very lucky to have been able to do so.... we have had so many adventures this summer that we would otherwise have missed. We are going to miss her when the time comes to say goodbye. I feel for everyone missing out due to delays. From my side it sounds like Betty Boo will be going to Busfest instead of Hunter. See you all there I hope.

PXL_20220715_122951343.jpg

week 25 would be end of June? arriving now would be 2 months later? that doesn't bode well for my build arriving before end of September. :-(
It took about 1 month in build (assuming they actually started it in W25). Then about a month to get to me. I get the sense from posts on here that some have had quicker than this..and some slower.

Back