Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I am so glad that we bought Betty Boo as a temporary van, and very lucky to have been able to do so.... we have had so many adventures this summer that we would otherwise have missed. We are going to miss her when the time comes to say goodbye. I feel for everyone missing out due to delays. From my side it sounds like Betty Boo will be going to Busfest instead of Hunter. See you all there I hope.

View attachment 98391
We didn’t miss out too much, we love camping and have been away in the Land Rover and tent. But as it gets wetter, putting away a wet tent gets tedious…!

Roll on the Cali…

Hi Andy. We ordered our Beach through AutoeBid and was dealing with Listers Droitwich. Whole process went well. We always had the updates when I emailed them. Both Nick from start and Gerry to the and was briliant. No issues at all. Collected our Beach 3 weeks ago. We have no regrets that we ordered our Beach throught AutoeBid. See our post on this thread. https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/new-t6-1-order-delays.35353/post-596653
Ah thanks for the link to your post. Well that’s really positive feedback regarding the dealer/autoeBid. Will keep up the patience, I’m sure it will be here soon enough. Thanks again

Oooo, just heard our new van Hunter is in Build... 4motion... any recent experiences on timelines from build? I am concerned that it will close to the wire for end of September price protection (I ordered Oct 21) but will get into a massive row if I have to.

Our new wheels on Betty Boo (current van) will be moved across to Hunter - We will say goodbye to Betty Boo, though I am expecting Matt from SMG to owe me money on the 2021 Betty Boo trade in as 2nd hand prices remain so high... I can but hope. Bilbos have also expressed an interest in making an offer.

If you want BFG tires look but don't want to lose 7mpg... check these out as a compromise..

View attachment 98375
Hi Mark - my first posting!

My spec sounds similar to yours - Ocean 204 4M, traction control, diff lock, towbar, other bits and pieces. So am now following progress with your order with interest especially re price protection.

I ordered mid August 2021, had no updates at all (except the VW standard delays letter x2) until 30 July when my dealer told me it had now been ‘accepted by the factory’ with a ‘build date’ of week 35, which is next week (first week in September) so if thats still correct and based on other reports on here I am assuming delivery in October...maybe.

Nothing has ever been mentioned ref price increase/protection and I am hoping that once its being built to order that that will not arise…but I note what others have pointed out that the small print of the T&C would allow a price increase to be passed on. I don't believe they were given to me when I signed the order though. I don't propose to ask but I too would have an almighty row if that was now proposed since it looks like it will be 14 months from order.

Good luck with your build and will be interested in further updates, I will provide mine too.

My spec sounds similar to yours - Ocean 204 4M, traction control, diff lock, towbar, other bits and pieces. So am now following progress with your order with interest especially re price protection.

I ordered mid August 2021…
Hi Keith, welcome to this great forum.
I’m in same position too. Ordered October 2021 but still no build date. 4M with a few extras too.
Where did you order from?

I ordered mid August 2021, had no updates at all (except the VW standard delays letter x2) until 30 July when my dealer told me it had now been ‘accepted by the factory’ with a ‘build date’ of week 35, which is next week (first week in September) so if thats still correct and based on other reports on here I am assuming delivery in October...maybe.

Nothing has ever been mentioned ref price increase/protection and I am hoping that once its being built to order that that will not arise…but I note what others have pointed out that the small print of the T&C would allow a price increase to be passed on. I don't believe they were given to me when I signed the order though. I don't propose to ask but I too would have an almighty row if that was now proposed since it looks like it will be 14 months from order.

Good luck with your build and will be interested in further updates, I will provide mine too.
The T&C are usually printed on the back of the Vehicle Order form you signed when placing the order.

This States " In the event of the manufacturers or concessionaires recommended price for the goods being increased, the amount of such an increase which we intend to pass on to you shall be notified to you. You shall have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of such notice. If you do not give us such notice as aforesaid, the increase in price shall be added to and become part of the contract price.

If you placed the order by email like we have, you might well of not been given the T&C's.

As your Cali will be delivered after what I understand is the proposed VW cut off time for honouring the Price Protection, the end of September, I should keep quiet, and hope your not notified of the price increases.

Last edited:
The T&C are usually printed on the back of the Vehicle Order form you signed when placing the order.

This States " In the event of the manufacturers or concessionaires recommended price for the goods being increased, the amount of such an increase which we intend to pass on to you shall be notified to you. You shall have the right to cancel the contract within 14 days of the receipt of such notice. If you do not give us such notice as aforesaid, the increase in price shall be added to and become part of the contract price.

If you placed the order by email like we have, you might well of not been given the T&C's.

As your Cali will be delivered after what I understand is the proposed VW cut off time for honouring the Price Protection, the end of September, I should keep quiet, and hope your not notified of the price increases.
The terms suggest that for each price rise, for it to take effect, VW would need to notify you and give you the option to accept or cancel. I understand it that VW nor the dealer can use those terms to apply a price increase at the point of collection. I assume that those ordering now are being warned the price will not be protected and each time there is a price increase there is a mechanism to inform them and give them the option to accept or cancel.

Hi Keith, welcome to this great forum.
I’m in same position too. Ordered October 2021 but still no build date. 4M with a few extras too.
Where did you order from?
Thanks - Carrs in Exeter

The terms suggest that for each price rise, for it to take effect, VW would need to notify you and give you the option to accept or cancel. I understand it that VW nor the dealer can use those terms to apply a price increase at the point of collection. I assume that those ordering now are being warned the price will not be protected and each time there is a price increase there is a mechanism to inform them and give them the option to accept or cancel.
Well, the cut off date for price protection for orders before Nov 21 had been extended two or three times already. I expect it to be extended again especially since there are orders placed after mine that have already been delivered on original price. That gives grounds enough for a court case if necessary I think. And there will be a lot of people joining that court case if it comes to it... My dealer said that they have always extended in the past (all vw, not just california).

Good point.
We shall have to wait and see if those who have placed orders are informed at the time when VW inevitably implemented a price increase. So they have the choice to chancel at that point of time, which would only be fair.

From reading the T6 forum, some of them had no notice of pretty hefty price increases until their vans arrived. It seems they’ve definitely been having a worse time of the ordering system than Cali orders.

Ticked over to status 40 on Friday and our dealer called to say it was on the way to their PDI centre. Hopefully, tomorrow we will have a call to arrange a date for collection. With a bit of luck there was a few more on the boat from Emden.

Just caught up on the last week or so of posts in here and couldn't see any recent references to the blankets or £500 accessories which were being given to some. I ordered a 6.1 Ocean in June 21 and have heard absolutely nothing from VW themselves ever since, however my dealer has been great and called me with updates regularly, and last week called to say my California had been built and was on it's way to them!
Now I am wondering what to expect from VW - are people still getting blankets or £500 accessory vouchers?

Just caught up on the last week or so of posts in here and couldn't see any recent references to the blankets or £500 accessories which were being given to some. I ordered a 6.1 Ocean in June 21 and have heard absolutely nothing from VW themselves ever since, however my dealer has been great and called me with updates regularly, and last week called to say my California had been built and was on it's way to them!
Now I am wondering what to expect from VW - are people still getting blankets or £500 accessory vouchers?
Our van was delivered just over 2 weeks ago, to date we haven't had either - guess those offers have long since gone - but, just happy to have paid only the original price (Oct 21 order).

Our van was delivered just over 2 weeks ago, to date we haven't had either - guess those offers have long since gone - but, just happy to have paid only the original price (Oct 21 order).
I'm hoping that we'll also pay the price quoted and the finance quoted too...and to be honest that would probably be enough, but I really fancied a nice VW blanket!

The £500 voucher was only being offered to customers last year who's orders were delayed because of the Covid shutdown(s) and complications following that (I think).

The blanket thing is weird - VW directly sent out a few by post earlier this year to people after their vans were delivered, looked like months later for some. In a lot of cases, it seemed to be people who ordered Beach's and Coast's and had them delivered earlier than expected anyway because VW jumped them up the queue when they were struggling for Ocean parts.

I have read a few things more recently from people saying they were given a blanket and some other bits and pieces like cups and keyrings when they collected. My June 21 order is due for delivery to me next week and I'm waiting on the dealer to quote on extended warranty / prepare the final invoice. I was planning on asking if they / VW would be offering something by way of apology then.

The £500 voucher was only being offered to customers last year who's orders were delayed because of the Covid shutdown(s) and complications following that (I think).

The blanket thing is weird - VW directly sent out a few by post earlier this year to people after their vans were delivered, looked like months later for some. In a lot of cases, it seemed to be people who ordered Beach's and Coast's and had them delivered earlier than expected anyway because VW jumped them up the queue when they were struggling for Ocean parts.

I have read a few things more recently from people saying they were given a blanket and some other bits and pieces like cups and keyrings when they collected. My June 21 order is due for delivery to me next week and I'm waiting on the dealer to quote on extended warranty / prepare the final invoice. I was planning on asking if they / VW would be offering something by way of apology then.
I'm hoping Matt from SMG Tonbridge is going to throw in ceramic coating for my paintwork... I hope you're reading this Matt....

With the extended warranty I was offered 4 years and 2 x services as part of the deal last June which I think was the current offer from VW at the time, I asked if I could top that up to 5 and they said yes but at the 5 year warranty price not just an additional year - not sure if that helps you!?

With the extended warranty I was offered 4 years and 2 x services as part of the deal last June which I think was the current offer from VW at the time, I asked if I could top that up to 5 and they said yes but at the 5 year warranty price not just an additional year - not sure if that helps you!?
I have that 4 yr offer and was hoping I could top it up to 5 yrs by just adding an extra year.

Adding the two years doesnt seem much of a great deal.

Also just heard our van arrived at Tyneside today and should be with the dealer (Liverpool) in 10 days with a 3 day turnaround in the workshop/prep. So likely to have it by mid-Sept at this rate.

That kind of make sense from the confusing emails the dealer already sent me.

He said I could extend by 2 years for £399 plus VAT. I replied pointing out I should already be getting the 4 year package and would that mean 6 years in total, he said he thought the maximum you could do was 5 in total and would get a price for the additional year only.

As yet he hasn't come back to me.

He said I could extend by 2 years for £399 plus VAT. I replied pointing out I should already be getting the 4 year package and would that mean 6 years in total, he said he thought the maximum you could do was 5 in total and would get a price for the additional year only.

Let us know how you get on as if they allow 1 year top up I'll do that too

I’m not sure if you are not mixing 2 separate offers together. As far as I know standard VW warranty is 3 years. You can extend it by 2 years which is £399+VAT. That will be 5 years VW warranty. That’s what I did. 4 years package is that you buy 2 services ( M/F service plan is stated in my invoice for £149+VAT for 2) in advance to cover 4 years period. That’s what I prepaid as well. This is what I know from communication with my dealer before we collected our Cali. I hope it helped.

I’m not sure if you are not mixing 2 separate offers together. As far as I know standard VW warranty is 3 years. You can extend it by 2 years which is £399+VAT. That will be 5 years VW warranty. That’s what I did. 4 years package is that you buy 2 services ( M/F service plan is stated in my invoice for £149+VAT for 2) in advance to cover 4 years period. That’s what I prepaid as well. This is what I know from communication with my dealer before we collected our Cali. I hope it helped.
The dealer may be getting mixed up with the two yes but his emails aren't exactly clear.

I think the he originally quoted for adding the 2 year warranty to the standard 3 year, however the offer in place at the time I ordered (up till end of June 2021) was 4 year warranty / 4 services and 4 years roadside recovery included.

The dealer may be getting mixed up with the two yes but his emails aren't exactly clear.

I think the he originally quoted for adding the 2 year warranty to the standard 3 year, however the offer in place at the time I ordered (up till end of June 2021) was 4 year warranty / 4 services and 4 years roadside recovery included.

I can see. So that was completely different offer that time. I can understand now why is so confusing. If they stick with 4 years warranty as offered, then I’m not sure if they can extend it by another 2 years. But if they can extend warranty just by 1 year, is it going to be £399+VAT? Who knows!?

If its an additional 4 years it can't be through VW. I believe the longest factory bumper to bumper warranty they offer is 5 years (3 default plus the 2 extra through the extended warranty).

Back