Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I’ve just had a call from my dealer. Our Ocean (150) is mid build but has come to a halt due to lack of parts. I know VW work on JIT so this is plausible. COVID is obviously being blamed but uncertain as to which parts are the problem and what the delays could be. He’s confirmed it will be RDE1 which means registration this year. Has anyone else heard this? I haven’t checked this VW chat as they said last week build was provisionally scheduled for W/c 16th Nov!
Hi, I was given a week 50 build (unconfirmed) by VW Chat about 10 days ago. This is for a 150 Ocean. They also told me it would be RDE1

Hi, I was given a week 50 build (unconfirmed) by VW Chat about 10 days ago. This is for a 150 Ocean. They also told me it would be RDE1
How do they plan to build and register it in 2 weeks?

Isn't it just the 199s that need to be registered this year?

I thought the issue was RDE1 / 2. Happy to be proved wrong and don’t mean to put a downer on your build Rams66 - if they can’t sell it, they won’t build it, so I’m sure all will be fine.

Abdul05:56 PM
Please find the following information on RDE 2 below: Stock orders and customer orders committed for 2021 will begin scheduling when the relevant RDE2 engine starts production.

Abdul05:56 PM
From model year 21 (MY21), our engines will be transitioning to the last stage from Worldwide Harmonised Light Vehicle Test Procedure (WLTP) to real driving emissions (RDE) 1 Euro6dtemp-evap to RDE 2 Euro6d.

Abdul05:58 PM
This will give you a better idea, Adam: Engine changes to comply with the latest emission standard (Euro 6d-ISC-FCM, more commonly known as RDE 2) begin in week 46 2020 (starting 9 November).

We are still waiting to receive further details on RDE 2 from Factory. In the meantime, we appreciate your patience with this.

I thought the issue was RDE1 / 2. Happy to be proved wrong and don’t mean to put a downer on your build Rams66 - if they can’t sell it, they won’t build it, so I’m sure all will be fine.
Yes who knows. I think as it is unconfirmed it may well change to earlier RDE 1 or later and be RDE 2. Only speculation. I don’t mind really, my only concern is import duty if there is no deal but feel that is becoming less of an issue. Feb/Mar delivery would be fine. I’ll update when I hear more. Still excited for whenever it comes!

Yes who knows. I think as it is unconfirmed it may well change to earlier RDE 1 or later and be RDE 2. Only speculation. I don’t mind really, my only concern is import duty if there is no deal but feel that is becoming less of an issue. Feb/Mar delivery would be fine. I’ll update when I hear more. Still excited for whenever it comes!
Yes I hope that whatever deal is struck that the import won’t be too painful.

The lack of updates/courtesy calls from the dealers is not great. I'm not impressed to be honest. How difficult can it be for them to find out and fire us a quick email update? For the majority of us, this is far more than just a normal vehicle purchase. It signals an exciting new way of life and we are all super keen to get our hands on our Cali's. In the meantime we're busy planning and buying bits and pieces. I'm sure we'd all love a weekly update at the minimum :rolleyes:
I have to admit for chasing a few weeks ago and then leaving to VW chat to find out. Surprised I had a call and in his words he understands that when people are spending £60k+ on a vehicle they ought to be told and it doesn’t help with the lack of information from the factory. I’m using Citygate in NW London and found them to be great in the running through the pros and cons of the options we were considering.

The frustrating wait for my Cali continues :-(
The Malacca Highway is leaving Emden right now without my Cali onboard yet again.

How do you know it’s still on the dockside GG? Have a look at what other tubs are there and their destinaTimon, might go on another tub.

The frustrating wait for my Cali continues :-(
The Malacca Highway is leaving Emden right now without my Cali onboard yet again.
Really sorry to hear that GG :-( You’ve always been a week or two ahead of me but I checked last night with VW chat and apparently mine has landed at Port of Tyne.

I know your Cali had already been sat at Emden for a few days when mine was on the way there. The delay must be something to do with the available capacity on the ships and there’s possibly more queued up for your end of the country than mine.

Does anyone on here have build weeks 46 - 48? If so, what model? Don't remember anyone mentioning these weeks...!

Does anyone on here have build weeks 46 - 48? If so, what model? Don't remember anyone mentioning these weeks...!

Yep!

Week 47 confirmed.

150 candy white ocean. My post a few up (#827) was trying to seek clarification from VW if it will be RDE2.

Yep!

Week 47 confirmed.

150 candy white ocean. My post a few up (#827) was trying to seek clarification from VW if it will be RDE2.

Ahh - yes - you are definitely on the cusp between the 2 engines... Hope you get the one you wanted :)
We also have a candy white ocean on order with unconfirmed week 49 - how long did you have to wait between unconfirmed and confirmed weeks (and did the unconfirmed week change?) sorry for all the questions!

Ahh - yes - you are definitely on the cusp between the 2 engines... Hope you get the one you wanted :)
We also have a candy white ocean on order with unconfirmed week 49 - how long did you have to wait between unconfirmed and confirmed weeks (and did the unconfirmed week change?) sorry for all the questions!

Ordered 17th September...

19th October they told me I was only at factory accepted (It had been like that since almost day 1) - I actually think that might have been wrong and they looked up the wrong van because....

After seeing a lot of activity with people getting build dates I tried again on the 22nd October, got Beth who everyone says is helpful, who confirmed week 47.

Then last night I rechecked because of RDE (I don’t know why I care/which is better) but I have a feeling in future road tax could penalise RDE1 motor homes. Also I’d prefer to have it registered as a 2021 vehicle for future used value. Originally I was only worried about import duty post brexit!

You guys are making me nervous :eek:
Just checked with VW and mine is currently being built.
I guess as the van has to be built first before the camper part is fitted I might just sneak through!

You guys are making me nervous :eek:
Just checked with VW and mine is being built.
I guess as the van has to be built first before the camper part is fitted I might just sneak through!

From everything I’ve read if you’re already being built, you’re RDE1 and will have it well before end of year - prob early December. If your 199ps you’re even more certainly RDE1 and this year!

How do you know it’s still on the dockside GG? Have a look at what other tubs are there and their destinaTimon, might go on another tub.
VW Chat last night said it’s still at Emden. They’d previously told me mine would land at Sheerness so doubt it will go on another ship? I think the MH is the only one that goes there? Hopefully it will be on Mondays sailing?

From what I can gather the 150 engine is probably just a software upgrade from RDE1 to RDE2, but the larger output 204 was Euro6 compliant and had a software upgrade for RDE1 which dropped the BHP to 199. The new RDE2 compliant 204 probably has a software upgrade + some mechanical change to turbo, EGR or DPF emissions system to make it RDE2 compliant and restore the BHP to 204. The engine/gearbox are manufactured off site as a complete drop in unit so there would be a point where the engine plant would change engine type, whereas software upgrades can be done on the fly so to speak, just a different software download or a different BCM unit.

Really sorry to hear that GG :-( You’ve always been a week or two ahead of me but I checked last night with VW chat and apparently mine has landed at Port of Tyne.

I know your Cali had already been sat at Emden for a few days when mine was on the way there. The delay must be something to do with the available capacity on the ships and there’s possibly more queued up for your end of the country than mine.
Yes don’t know the reason but it’s just so annoying. Hope I get it before a national lockdown kicks in. At least I’ll then be able to get on with a few Cali projects and install my huge pile of accessories. :)

Yes don’t know the reason but it’s just so annoying. Hope I get it before a national lockdown kicks in. At least I’ll then be able to get on with a few Cali projects and install my huge pile of accessories. :)
So just got onto VW Chat to double check and mentioned that my van seems to have sat at Emden longer than others and good news :). Beth, advised that my Cali is on a ship but couldn’t confirm which one. Said the number was SHE508. Couldn’t find that reference but the SHE perhaps implies SHEerness ? Bit happier now.

So just got onto VW Chat to double check and mentioned that my van seems to have sat at Emden longer than others and good news :). Beth, advised that my Cali is on a ship but couldn’t confirm which one. Said the number was SHE508. Couldn’t find that reference but the SHE perhaps implies SHEerness ? Bit happier now.

Beth strikes again. Awesome news.

Back