Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

The California has 2 production lines in 2 different locations .
The first line is the building of the complete vehicle Including the front cabin and all the vehicle options BUT minus roof and the habitation interior.
The vehicle is then transferred to the VW Special Vehicles California Building for final installation of all the “ camping “ equipment .

Great to see the tent inspection in the wet

Great to see the tent inspection in the wet
Don’t forget they changed the fabric on the T6 so I don’t know if they still do that check, to the same degree.

Can see why it costs a little bit more than a van

Yes , those who think a Cali is build in one day are daydreaming , come allong in (hopefully) a next factory vistit and you will see why a Cali can not be build in 7 hours like a Land Rover (Defender?)
Excellent video and nice to see the history, hope the attention to detail is that good only time will tell, but the defender is one of the best vehicles ever made in my opinion, you are right if only Land Rover had spent more time on the iconic vehicle I would have been even more of a fan.
I own a 1990 defender 200tdi most reliable car I have owned but you need to love mechanics :)

@Defender90 , i had a Def 90 Td5 , owned it for about 12y from new and sold it to get the Cali...
Wish i could have kept it doh...
Such a shame I know how it feels I had from new 110 Xs I sold it and bought a 5 series bmw I could cry thinking back.
but since then I bought a wreck of a defender and rebuilt it over many years it now sits on a galvanised chassis and looks in my opinion spot on
i think that’s why the Cali has so much appeal it has history and is purposeful

DB87BEF3-2B1B-4883-9570-46D07D1C86AD.jpeg

Good news, my California Ocean is finally in the U.K. at Sheerness :)
Bad news, looks likely that a national lockdown is likely, starting on Wednesday next week and lasting until 01 December :-(

Perhaps something in your specification?
Nothing that I can think of way out of the norm, Woodstock alloys requested and heated windscreen being only possible things maybe there was a delay stock wise, be surprised if so mind. Glad yours has hit Sheerness, lockdown could throw more spanner’s my way too potentially, fingers crossed you can get hold of it, it never rains........oh wait!

I hope I get the chance to even consider that. Mine is still the wrong side of the channel

Oh well stuck by the rules since March which included my Daughter's wedding on lockdown weekend with 4 guests including bride and groom. Going to see it through now.

Just hope ferry, transport and delivery continues, mine sat on the production line. won't be classed as an essential journey to collect the van if the dealerships remain open, roll on December.

I'll watch the production vid WG posted earlier and dream it is my van being built.

So is mine still in emden :(
Mines now at Sheerness. Can’t se me getting it before midnight on Wednesday. Oh well ......
Now have some concerns about the state of the batteries by the time I do get my hands on it.

Mines now at Sheerness. Can’t se me getting it before midnight on Wednesday. Oh well ......
Now have some concerns about the state of the batteries by the time I do get my hands on it.
Surely though with the Prime Minister categorically stating business ie construction & manufacturing etc would stay open unlike the last lockdown, the dealer will operate as far as normal as possible - maybe not viewings but for collecting orders ?

Surely though with the Prime Minister categorically stating business ie construction & manufacturing etc would stay open unlike the last lockdown, the dealer will operate as far as normal as possible - maybe not viewings but for collecting orders ?
Hopefully most will continue, a collection means the business remains viable, they could deliver?

During the last lockdown IIRC the selling of cars was deemed essential, and I presume this included actually collecting or picking up the car otherwise selling them is pointless. Now I think the intention was that essential workers could keep on the road, and picking up campervans is probably much lower on the 'essentialness' scale, but still acceptable.
Anyway, the dealers will soon let us know if we can or can't get our sticky fingers on our Calis during the next month.

During the last lockdown IIRC the selling of cars was deemed essential, and I presume this included actually collecting or picking up the car otherwise selling them is pointless. Now I think the intention was that essential workers could keep on the road, and picking up campervans is probably much lower on the 'essentialness' scale, but still acceptable.
Anyway, the dealers will soon let us know if we can or can't get our sticky fingers on our Calis during the next month.
Everything crossed for you

It is a difficult situation, mine is/was expected by the end of the month. Part of me thinks if it gets delayed until early December so be it, but there is always a chance of the lockdown being extended. I don’t really like the idea of the vehicle just being stuck somewhere for an amount of time. But, can I deem it that important a thought with what is going on currently? Whilst it is not ’essential’ in the great scheme of things for the boost in mindset personally we all know these things do matter to us.

Did my usual weekly check-in on the VW Chat (the factory accepted order on the 17/9), and just had confirmation that production is now closed for 2020 and delivery is likely to be in March. Given the current situation I think I am ok with that.......

1604308413424.png

Did my usual weekly check-in on the VW Chat (the factory accepted order on the 17/9), and just had confirmation that production is now closed for 2020 and delivery is likely to be in March. Given the current situation I think I am ok with that.......

View attachment 68697
When they mean closed do they mean physically or just for not allocating any more build weeks in 2020?

When they mean closed do they mean physically or just for not allocating any more build weeks in 2020?
I did not clarify but I took it to mean not allocating build weeks

Back