Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Did I upset the moderators?? ...I thought I was being supportive and complimentary

I got an update on my Coast today and it's still status 20 in build!! :( It's a week 51 (14th Dec) build so 7 nearly 8 weeks in build now. Joel seemed to think it may be at the port of exit but I'm not sure why as it isn't in that status, he was very vague..

I've just taken a look for you and I can see your order has a status code 20, which shows that your build week is week 51, which was the week commencing December 14th 2020. This means that your vehicle will be currently in its final stages of being built or potentially is waiting for transport to the Port of Exit. This will be updated on the order to reflect this status, once it has been achieved. I do recommend checking back with us weekly for your updates on this order.

Starting to wonder if the 204's will come out before mine !!!!

I got an update on my Coast today and it's still status 20 in build!! :( Started build week 51 (14th Dec) Joel seemed to think it may be at the port of exit but I'm not sure why as it isn't in that status, he was very vague..

I've just taken a look for you and I can see your order has a status code 20, which shows that your build week is week 51, which was the week commencing December 14th 2020. This means that your vehicle will be currently in its final stages of being built or potentially is waiting for transport to the Port of Exit. This will be updated on the order to reflect this status, once it has been achieved. I do recommend checking back with us weekly for your updates on this order.

Starting to wonder if the 204's will come out before mine !!!!
So frustrating for you. What can they possibly be waiting on since 14th Dec, that isn't effecting anyone else's build? Mighty odd. Fingers crossed they move it for you soon.

So frustrating for you. What can they possibly be waiting on since 14th Dec, that isn't effecting anyone else's build? Mighty odd. Fingers crossed they move it for you soon.
I'm going to chase them twice a week now, I want my van!!! **stamps foot**

I wish I hadn’t checked. My week 10 on Monday is now a no build. Mustapha could not understand why, so I got the “I will check with brand support and email you tomorrow”. Why oh Why did I bother checking I was quite happy with a provisional week 10 is was my second best date in all the times I have asked so I was going to wait till week 9 before checking again..... I am such a fool......
Me too. I get weekly updates from my dealer ( who has been consistent in saying build weeks are jumping all over the place but are expected to settle from 8 Feb onwards) but just couldn't resist trying VW chat, and once you've done it once........Trouble is those behind the bubble on chat don't have a clue what's going on. Said to call back in 3 weeks.....as if.....

Sorry Alison. Don't send me off to join Kerrnowlad, (only long term members will remember him). I'll go and sit on the naughty step for the rest of the day.

I wish I hadn’t checked. My week 10 on Monday is now a no build. Mustapha could not understand why, so I got the “I will check with brand support and email you tomorrow”. Why oh Why did I bother checking I was quite happy with a provisional week 10 is was my second best date in all the times I have asked so I was going to wait till week 9 before checking again..... I am such a fool......
Don't worry. We'll all be laughing next week when our status 20 build dates all come through. Only taken back to 00 as part of the process of scheduling a confirmed build date. We should just enjoy the delayed gratification?

Last edited:
Has anyone with a 204 order actually had any confirmed details regarding the engine performance, efficiency etc?

I was told on tuesday that they were updating brochures, but surely they could/should be able to pass over some detail?

I hope this is right. Just checked mine, gone from provisional week 23 last week to no build week today. Ordered early Oct. Have been here before with week 10 going to week 24 then back to no build week before the week 23. So it’s great that a couple seem have progressed, hopefully a good sign. But I’m not holding my breath.
Exactly the same story as you. Ordered 8 Oct, 6 provisionals, now 00. VW commercial complaints emailed to say they are calling me tomorrow - I didn’t ask, on Tuesday VW chat asked if that’s what I wanted...

Anybody had any luck getting a confirmed build date for their 199/204 4 Motion yet?

Anybody had any luck getting a confirmed build date for their 199/204 4 Motion yet?
I have been given a confirmed build week 9 (first week March) I ordered mid August if that tells you anything.

I have been given a confirmed build week 9 (first week March) I ordered mid August if that tells you anything.
Well at least they're starting to assign firm dates - I'll be behind you as order placed 2nd October

Hi all,
We have a 204 4motion ocean on order and are in the same boat, provisional build dates at best which are moving back and forth all the time. I’ve just been told that the RDE 204 engines are starting to be built today (wk6) so then fixed dates should follow. There are still no emissions and mpg data but that should land this week according to the chat rep.
Interestingly a quick look at the online brochure reveals 2 new option packs for the Cali...

7B7F1D9B-CD7B-44A5-A4EB-A563B58A869E.png

ACE375D5-2B42-445F-989E-28D450A97B03.png

Hi all,
We have a 204 4motion ocean on order and are in the same boat, provisional build dates at best which are moving back and forth all the time. I’ve just been told that the RDE 204 engines are starting to be built today (wk6) so then fixed dates should follow. There are still no emissions and mpg data but that should land this week according to the chat rep.
Interestingly a quick look at the online brochure reveals 2 new option packs for the Cali...

View attachment 73139

View attachment 73140
The brochure sections are new but the packs have been available since around August last year. Can be configured in the options.

The brochure sections are new but the packs have been available since around August last year. Can be configured in the options.
Well lasts week rollercoaster of dates continues week 9- week 16 then no allocated week followed by an email from brand support on Friday with a week 10.

Today i am back at week 24 again!

Hi Guys

Everyone needs to ignore the online chat system and get in contact with their dealer as the order system isn't being used for California and its now being done by a manual process. All chat do is check the online system which is now wrong.

Hi Guys

Everyone needs to ignore the online chat system and get in contact with their dealer as the order system isn't being used for California and its now being done by a manual process. All chat do is check the online system which is now wrong.
Thanks for that Tom

Well lasts week rollercoaster of dates continues week 9- week 16 then no allocated week followed by an email from brand support on Friday with a week 10.

Today i am back at week 24 again!
SNAP...apart from week 23 this morning. Probably need to listen to Tom about the online chat.

Your dealer should have a list from VW telling them when the orders will be built and what position you are in the line.

Your dealer should have a list from VW telling them when the orders will be built and what position you are in the line.
Tom, would this be a reasonable request to the dealership? (I have an Ocean 4Motion order placed on 17th September and confirmed 5th October)
Thinking I would just email and ask?

Tom, would this be a reasonable request to the dealership? (I have an Ocean 4Motion order placed on 17th September and confirmed 5th October)
Thinking I would just email and ask?
Absolutely we have actioned ours and informed our customers of where they are on the list. I would definitely get in contact with them and find out.

So @Tomdbreeze is everyone being told a build month now rather than provisional/confirmed build weeks? And is that coming from VW themselves or an estimation from the dealer on where the individual order is on the list?

Ordered a California Beach 6.1 on 2 Jan 2021, Baygreen and white, aux heater, tinted passenger windows, silver awning, 2 Jan 2020 from VW garage in Ireland, given a provisional build week of 23. Today got onto VW chat via the Vw.ie site for first time, (presume its the same chat for all countries) and the response was "The build weeks can change and often do but currently it is reading a build week of week 23 which is the end of May". so it hasn't moved on the system since it was ordered.

So @Tomdbreeze is everyone being told a build month now rather than provisional/confirmed build weeks? And is that coming from VW themselves or an estimation from the dealer on where the individual order is on the list?
Correct and this will come from Volkswagen which will inform the dealer of which build month the vehicle will be built in. Each dealer should have this information already.

Back