Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hi all,

Still awaiting an order confirmation from VW. The Chat agent says they never give out order updates - which I know cannot be true from this very thread - and referred me back to the dealer.

She then referred me to the My VW app which is flaky at best and not very helpful. Has anyone used that and obtained anything meaningful from it?

Thanks

Hi all,

Still awaiting an order confirmation from VW. The Chat agent says they never give out order updates - which I know cannot be true from this very thread - and referred me back to the dealer.

She then referred me to the My VW app which is flaky at best and not very helpful. Has anyone used that and obtained anything meaningful from it?

Thanks
I believe the My VW app only works for tracking orders for VW cars not vans. My dealer is very good and checks on orders regularly and says they will update me when a build week has been scheduled. One month in and no news yet. Frustrating not being able to track progress on such a major purchase.

Hi all,

Thanks
Do you have your order number? You need this from your dealer for VW chat to check against. The app is just for cars, no good for vans. Make sure you’re asking VW vans chat
My order placed in Feb still doesn’t have a build week!

Do you have your order number? You need this from your dealer for VW chat to check against. The app is just for cars, no good for vans. Make sure you’re asking VW vans chat
Thats depressing!! Wonder when my early July order will be scheduled? I was hoping for late 2020 but based on your situation maybe that's optimistic :-(

update on my week 20 original build from VW chat just now!
I can see that there is no build week assigned to it at th moment, Simon. This is because it has changed to the Model Year 21 spec so, as soon as the spec is released, the Factory will be able to assign a build week and put it into production

Thats depressing!! Wonder when my early July order will be scheduled? I was hoping for late 2020 but based on your situation maybe that's optimistic :-(
We ordered this week and was given and anticipated build week 45. That means it should be in the country before the end of December. JUST.

We ordered this week and was given and anticipated build week 45. That means it should be in the country before the end of December. JUST.
Fingers crossed :)

I believe the My VW app only works for tracking orders for VW cars not vans. My dealer is very good and checks on orders regularly and says they will update me when a build week has been scheduled. One month in and no news yet. Frustrating not being able to track progress on such a major purchase.
I will try the link you sent. Thanks

I ordered late July and was given a production week 37 and delivery date of 31 October. I wonder why I was given an immediate date and others weren’t? I’m not sure it’s believable though. Would just like it before Christmas!

I ordered late July and was given a production week 37 and delivery date of 31 October. I wonder why I was given an immediate date and others weren’t? I’m not sure it’s believable though. Would just like it before Christmas!
Did you have any extra options? Maybe not overcomplicating the order helps.

I ordered 10th August, estimated handover is 30th November.

Obviously I've read this thread so taken that with a large pinch of salt.

I ordered 10th August, estimated handover is 30th November.

Obviously I've read this thread so taken that with a large pinch of salt.
Yes. I think we’ll be lucky to get them in 2020 but who knows. I’ll update this thread when we get ours and will be interested to know when you lot get delivery.

We ordered in mid July and have a build date of week 36 which should be w/c 31st August with delivery end of Sept or early October.. Maybe updates from me and @toeknee will give an indication to how they are getting on at the factory, and what to expect!

We ordered in mid July and have a build date of week 36 which should be w/c 31st August with delivery end of Sept or early October.. Maybe updates from me and @toeknee will give an indication to how they are getting on at the factory, and what to expect!
We’ll be hearing from you next year at this rate then, I’ve been waiting for a build date for 6 months!

We ordered mid June and have also been given a build week 36 - our dealer has confirmed Mid October delivery is realistic....I hope so...I am so excited. My spare room is already full of accessories :)

We ordered mid June and have also been given a build week 36 - our dealer has confirmed Mid October delivery is realistic....I hope so...I am so excited. My spare room is already full of accessories :)
Hehe that made me chuckle, our spare room must look similar to yours!! :D:)

A quick timeline for a 4motion with various add-ons which I will add to as it evolves. Hope this helps.

#SgtPepper

07/08/20 - Order with dealer and placed with VW
13/08/20 - Status 00 - awaiting build week
01/09/20 - unconfirmed build week 28 October
10/09/20 - build date brought forward to 12th October
05/11/20 - on the ship to Blighty

Last edited:
I asked my dealer to chase mine up, after its reversion to status 20 (from almost being complete but waiting parts). I'm advised that there are delays in the T6.1 production that mean my Wk 29 won't be complete until Week 35. How that washes through into MY 21 models not sure, but perhaps mine is waiting on parts to complete the MY 20 builds. They have said they will look at accelerated logistics to get it to Glasgow once its complete.

I asked my dealer to chase mine up, after its reversion to status 20 (from almost being complete but waiting parts). I'm advised that there are delays in the T6.1 production that mean my Wk 29 won't be complete until Week 35. How that washes through into MY 21 models not sure, but perhaps mine is waiting on parts to complete the MY 20 builds. They have said they will look at accelerated logistics to get it to Glasgow once its complete.
Mine was week 30 and is currently built/not built with no details on delivery according to the web chat; My Dealer is also devoid of information and is chasing the brand managers at VW for details. I have been told that its a MY21 vehicle. Ordered in mid May.[/QUOTE]

I am new to all this so apologies if this is a daft question. is the current quoted time of 16 weeks true?

A few years back 6 months was the normal order to delivery which could push that time scale.

4 months seems fairly fast now.

Back