Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
The Mallacca Highway is just about to dock at Sheerness. Are the build week 29 Cali’s on board? I hope so!!!!
Me too!

The Mallacca Highway is just about to dock at Sheerness. Are the build week 29 Cali’s on board? I hope so!!!!

Looks like it did not make the ship on Friday, this is the latest update on mine from chat

"Your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 27th July 2020.

Order can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days. "

H

heapcr

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Looks like it did not make the ship on Friday, this is the latest update on mine from chat

"Your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 27th July 2020.

Order can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days. "
Mine arrived on the 28th July so we are in the same boat (or not !). Next sailing arrives back in Sheetnesstomorrow I think so let’s hope we’re on board!!

D

Deekay

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Just to help with others' time frames, found out today from VW vans chat-line, my week 16 California Ocean is in the process of being built right now. So presumably we're a few weeks away from actual collection from the dealer. Anyway, a 70 plate will be most acceptable :).

H

heapcr

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Mine arrived on the 28th July so we are in the same boat (or not !). Next sailing arrives back in Sheetnesstomorrow I think so let’s hope we’re on board!!
Just been in touch with VW live. My Cali is now at status 40 which means it’s in the UK ! Slow but progress!

Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
How exciting and great news. looks like you might have jumped the queue, unless VW live are fibbing and mine is also now in uk!

H

heapcr

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
How exciting and great news. looks like you might have jumped the queue, unless VW live are fibbing and mine is also now in uk!
Hi I hope VW are correct and that you’re Cali is suiting alongside mine at Sheerness port!

G

Geekeye

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
Yes it was the Malacca Highway, I unfortunately went through Marshalls Reading, beyond hopeless......hear nothing from them, have to chase all the time.

[mention]Rowls1958 [/mention] It sounds like your whole experience has been a nightmare. Dare I ask if you have your Cali yet? We test drove a coast from Marshall’s Reading yesterday, staff seemed ok, but I do have reservations from ordering from them now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
[mention]Rowls1958 [/mention] It sounds like your whole experience has been a nightmare. Dare I ask if you have your Cali yet? We test drove a coast from Marshall’s Reading yesterday, staff seemed ok, but I do have reservations from ordering from them now...

I decided not to use Marshalls Reading as they treated me like I was a numpty at the point of order and tried old school sales tactics. Other positive opinions no doubt exist.

I went with Robinsons Norwich, very protracted process (which was due to VW in fairness) but overall I was happy with the dealer. Major oil leak less than 2 weeks after collection but they sorted it quickly. :thumb

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150

Yes finally arrived, can't recommend Marshalls though, no one seems to know much about Californias and also insisted the VED was £1850 even though I provided documentation to show it had now been reclassified......not good. Also when I went to collect my Cali they were actually showing a couple inside it......furious!!!!

D

Dean Oldfield

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Yes finally arrived, can't recommend Marshalls though, no one seems to know much about Californias and also insisted the VED was £1850 even though I provided documentation to show it had now been reclassified......not good. Also when I went to collect my Cali they were actually showing a couple inside it......furious!!!!

How long did it take to get it registered/collected once arrived at the dealers? Thanks

Scoots

Scoots

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Two weeks, the postal issue wirh the DVLA counted for most of that ....

I think we met on the forecourt. Did you have to go back on the Monday?

Thanks again for showing off your Cali. Ours will look very very similar...

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Yes finally arrived, can't recommend Marshalls though, no one seems to know much about Californias and also insisted the VED was £1850 even though I provided documentation to show it had now been reclassified......not good.
So have they made you pay £1,850?

Apart from that how about a photo of your new pride and joy? :thumb

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
H

Highlands

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
No, finally got them to accept it was £270 !!

Hi,

Having the same VED discussion with local dealer in Inverness. We haven’t ordered yet but queried the VED confusion with them and they are none the wiser.

What documentation convinced them?

I assume the reclassification is not a commercial vehicle with the corresponding speed restrictions

Tom

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi,

Having the same VED discussion with local dealer in Inverness. We haven’t ordered yet but queried the VED confusion with them and they are none the wiser.

What documentation convinced them?

I assume the reclassification is not a commercial vehicle with the corresponding speed restrictions

Tom
Hope this helps.....
The following is an extract from Gov.UK - Policy Paper "Vehicle Excise Duty rates for motorhomes" published 11 March 2020. Link below-

Vehicle Excise Duty rates for motorhomes

Vehicle Excise Duty rates for motorhomes

mailsdk_preview_share_grey

Relevant extracts from above:-

"From 12 March 2020, new motorhomes (type approved M1SA) will no longer need to provide their CO2 emissions figure when they register the vehicle. As a result, new motorhomes will be included in the Private/Light Goods VED class"

"M1SA vehicles are defined as motor caravans in Part A of Annexe 11 to Directive 2007/46/EC. The minimum requirement is that a motor caravan includes seats and a table, sleeping accommodation: and cooking and storage facilities"

"The change in the law will apply from 12 March 2020"

"Paragraph 1GA, Schedule 1 to VERA will be amended to exclude vehicles which are M1SA type-approved, as defined in Pt5.1 of Annex 11 to Directive 2007/46/EC
"

The above new rules are specific about the definition of a motor caravan M1SA and refer to the relevant Directive 2007/46/ED, a link to which is attached below. Under the definition included in the Directive it is clear that the California Ocean complies with this definition and can therefore be registered as a motor caravan M1SA.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/eudr/2007/46/annex/ii

VW California Club