Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

C

Calif-Onion-cation

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It’s fascinating isn’t it! Mine was always Week 29 and last week it was in final week of production. Today it’s apparently mid-production and won’t complete until week commencing 03/08 after the holiday break.It’s hard to follow at times! You would have thought My 20 vans would complete pre holiday with My21 commencing after !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow.. mine went Week 20 > Week 29 > f*ck know’s when!
Thinking of sleeping in the awning in the garden this weekend, just to get some wear out of it!

D

Deekay

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Good News. My Coast which was originally assigned to week 16 has been built and is now awaiting shipment (code 38). Time to fire up Marine Traffic app and become a shipping geek!
I have a hunch you may be secretly looking forward to it's arrival :)

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Thanks for that, Buying through breeze in Poole so I assume sheerness is correct port.
If you nag VW Chat every day you will find that your status changes to 39, on the ship, and then you can follow the Malacca Highway but it will only take less than 24 hours for the crossing. Anyway something to while away the time! And then 40 is arrived at UK port.

I cannot judge because it is exactly what I did :happy

Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
If you nag VW Chat every day you will find that your status changes to 39, on the ship, and then you can follow the Malacca Highway but it will only take less than 24 hours for the crossing. Anyway something to while away the time! And then 40 is arrived at UK port.

I cannot judge because it is exactly what I did :happy
Cool! Chat not working at the moment, I don’t know my order number, can they give you the info if you don’t have it?

S

subthree

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Cool! Chat not working at the moment, I don’t know my order number, can they give you the info if you don’t have it?
A lot easier with an order number. Just ask your stealer.

H

Hamish S

Making up for the years spoilt by school and work
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
They gave me my order number when I first went online. They asked who I was where I had ordered from must admit it's quicker once you have the o/no.

Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
They gave me my order number when I first went online. They asked who I was where I had ordered from must admit it's quicker once you have the o/no.
Beth on the Chat was most helpful so I now have my order number ready to spam the chat on a daily basis ! Still code 38!

H

Hamish S

Making up for the years spoilt by school and work
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Best of luck and I hope you new beasty arrives soon.

ChocolateEclair

ChocolateEclair

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Beth on the Chat was most helpful so I now have my order number ready to spam the chat on a daily basis ! Still code 38!
I hope they’ve sorted out the DVLA registration process by the time yours is delivered. Ours has been sat at the dealers for almost 4 weeks!

GrumpyGranddad

GrumpyGranddad

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Best of luck and I hope you new beasty arrives soon.
I’m waiting for notification of the build week for the California Ocean 6.1 I recently ordered but having read this thread and the suggestion from the dealer I’m not holding my breath for delivery until mid December. I hope it comes sooner but I do wonder what will happen if it slips further to say January 2021. By then, unless a sensible deal is done with the EU, the U.K. will be trading on WTO terms and potentially all motor vehicle imports will be hit with a 10% tariff. Yikes that would be around £7k for my Cali !!!! Let’s hope common sense prevails and we don’t have tit for tat tariffing otherwise I could see lots of orders being cancelled.

Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
The Mallacca Highway is just about to dock at Sheerness. Are the build week 29 Cali’s on board? I hope so!!!!

Looks like it did not make the ship on Friday, this is the latest update on mine from chat

"Your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 27th July 2020.

Order can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days. "

H

heapcr

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Looks like it did not make the ship on Friday, this is the latest update on mine from chat

"Your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 27th July 2020.

Order can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days. "
Mine arrived on the 28th July so we are in the same boat (or not !). Next sailing arrives back in Sheetnesstomorrow I think so let’s hope we’re on board!!

D

Deekay

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Just to help with others' time frames, found out today from VW vans chat-line, my week 16 California Ocean is in the process of being built right now. So presumably we're a few weeks away from actual collection from the dealer. Anyway, a 70 plate will be most acceptable :).

H

heapcr

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
Mine arrived on the 28th July so we are in the same boat (or not !). Next sailing arrives back in Sheetnesstomorrow I think so let’s hope we’re on board!!
Just been in touch with VW live. My Cali is now at status 40 which means it’s in the UK ! Slow but progress!

Manic

Manic

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
How exciting and great news. looks like you might have jumped the queue, unless VW live are fibbing and mine is also now in uk!