Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Interesting to see that you are getting 3-4 months waiting period.
I have ordered August 11th, was told that the waiting time now is 7 months (so March...) and that I can get an update one month after the order.
Ocean, 4Motion, 150, White

Btw, what is the format of order number? I have Project ID and ID and I’m wondering if any of it is actually what I can use for tracking.

Mine is an 8 digit number.

Ok, my Project Id is 9 digit... so no idea. Also, the chat everyone is referring to - is it for UK customers only? Can’t find it on google.

Click on the small speech bubble bottom right. You will need the 8 digit order or they may find it from your personal details if the order has made it to their systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Click on the small speech bubble bottom right. You will need the 8 digit order or they may find it from your personal details if the order has made it to their systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
Since my order was placed in Switzerland, I doubt the UK one will help (and there is no chat on Swiss page). I was hoping it's kind of global / corporate chat.

My order is dated 20 July - still waiting on a build week.
So, I’ve now been advised by VW that my Cali has an unconfirmed build week of 19 October. Fingers crossed I may get it this year.

Same here. My Ocean was originally meant to be built on week 16 but was actually built week 29 (last of the MY20). It arrived at Emden on Tuesday and I’m hoping she’s on the next boat arriving tomorrow or Saturday.
Hi, have your good self or 'Manic' any updates on how quickly your Cali's got across the water, and any timeframes you can share ? (My Week 29 apparently arrived at Emden two days ago , hence the question) I think I am watching for the City of Rotterdam to Grimsby or Pt of Tyne for a Glasgow delivery)

Last edited:
Hi, have your good self or 'Manic' any updates on how quickly your Cali's got across the water, and any timeframes you can share ? (My Week 29 apparently arrived at Emden two days ago , hence the question) I think I am watching for the City of Rotterdam to Grimsby or Pt of Tyne for a Glasgow delivery)

Hi,

Timeline;

At Emden Released for Shipping - 31st July.
Arrived Sheerness - 5th August
Arrived at dealership - 25th August

So under a week to get across the water and the held up at port.

Hope for you that Pt if Tyne is quicker than Sheerness.

Hi,

Timeline;

At Emden Released for Shipping - 31st July.
Arrived Sheerness - 5th August
Arrived at dealership - 25th August

So under a week to get across the water and the held up at port.

Hope for you that Pt if Tyne is quicker than Sheerness.
Thank you, thats helpful. Fingers crossed as we've cancelled a Spanish holiday at end of Sept, so having the van would be super !

Just done an online chat.
I only had a dealer order number but online chat were really helpful and I have my build number now.
My order has been received by the factory but not accepted yet so no build date for for me yet :(

VW Liverpool confirmed today mine is model year (MY) 2020 though I don't think in our case there is any great difference. We ordered fairly comprehensive spec. Cali Chris at VW LIverpool does some really good Vlogs on You-tube including one on the MY20 v MY21 differences. I must take another look!
You will get sport mode on the dsg box if it’s a my20:) 21 they removed it :(

You will get sport mode on the dsg box if it’s a my20:) 21 they removed it :(
Ok, "Sport" mode on a 2.5 tonne van is a bit misleading but I still don't get why they have removed it. I like it because it effectively uses engine braking when you want to lose some speed. On our 150ps van "Sport" doesn't exactly feel like launch control!!! However I would much rather have it than not.

Is it's removal something to do with emissions testing?

Thanks!
Since my order was placed in Switzerland, I doubt the UK one will help (and there is no chat on Swiss page). I was hoping it's kind of global / corporate chat.
Maybe this one? https://www.volkswagen-nutzfahrzeuge.ch/de/modelle/california-6-1.html?tc=sem&VWNF_B_Brand+++California+T_D_CPA1&CH&google&brand+++modell/modell+++kaufen&+vw++california&kw=&gclid=Cj0KCQjws536BRDTARIsANeUZ5_T_dtkBhS_gWamupqkzyKISMqyiyRvG9Uuoi1tua17T3NnjVBndNYaAkJoEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Chat pops up when I scroll down.

So, I’ve now been advised by VW that my Cali has an unconfirmed build week of 19 October. Fingers crossed I may get it this year.
I ordered my Cali Ocean (4Motion Fortana Red) and paid the deposit on June 22nd 2020. At that point the VW ordering system was locked to ALL of the dealers to enable new options that were coming out (e.g. sport styling pack, additional cost for white paint! etc). This caused quite a long delay in the VW factory accepting the order from the dealer.
On the 27th July I had a confirmed build date from the factory of week 2036 (Aug 31st 2020) with an estimated delivery around mid Oct 2020. Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Interesting. I just checked, scrolled all way down and nothing. Maybe it shows up only during working hours? Hmm. Because I tried on MyVolkswagen as some people on Swiss Forum claimed one can register there a specific number (6 digits), but doesn't work for me.

I ordered my Cali Ocean (4Motion Fortana Red) and paid the deposit on June 22nd 2020. At that point the VW ordering system was locked to ALL of the dealers to enable new options that were coming out (e.g. sport styling pack, additional cost for white paint! etc). This caused quite a long delay in the VW factory accepting the order from the dealer.
On the 27th July I had a confirmed build date from the factory of week 2036 (Aug 31st 2020) with an estimated delivery around mid Oct 2020. Keeping my fingers crossed :)
Ours is due the same week!

So the chat works indeed only in working hours. Unfortunately, they would not provide any information at all, not even average waiting time.
Thanks for trying to help though. Really appreciated!

So the chat works indeed only in working hours. Unfortunately, they would not provide any information at all, not even average waiting time.
Thanks for trying to help though. Really appreciated!

You’re welcome!

Back