Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Thanks for that, Buying through breeze in Poole so I assume sheerness is correct port.
If you nag VW Chat every day you will find that your status changes to 39, on the ship, and then you can follow the Malacca Highway but it will only take less than 24 hours for the crossing. Anyway something to while away the time! And then 40 is arrived at UK port.

I cannot judge because it is exactly what I did :happy

If you nag VW Chat every day you will find that your status changes to 39, on the ship, and then you can follow the Malacca Highway but it will only take less than 24 hours for the crossing. Anyway something to while away the time! And then 40 is arrived at UK port.

I cannot judge because it is exactly what I did :happy
Cool! Chat not working at the moment, I don’t know my order number, can they give you the info if you don’t have it?

Cool! Chat not working at the moment, I don’t know my order number, can they give you the info if you don’t have it?
A lot easier with an order number. Just ask your stealer.

They gave me my order number when I first went online. They asked who I was where I had ordered from must admit it's quicker once you have the o/no.

They gave me my order number when I first went online. They asked who I was where I had ordered from must admit it's quicker once you have the o/no.
Beth on the Chat was most helpful so I now have my order number ready to spam the chat on a daily basis ! Still code 38!

Best of luck and I hope you new beasty arrives soon.

Beth on the Chat was most helpful so I now have my order number ready to spam the chat on a daily basis ! Still code 38!
I hope they’ve sorted out the DVLA registration process by the time yours is delivered. Ours has been sat at the dealers for almost 4 weeks!

Best of luck and I hope you new beasty arrives soon.
I’m waiting for notification of the build week for the California Ocean 6.1 I recently ordered but having read this thread and the suggestion from the dealer I’m not holding my breath for delivery until mid December. I hope it comes sooner but I do wonder what will happen if it slips further to say January 2021. By then, unless a sensible deal is done with the EU, the U.K. will be trading on WTO terms and potentially all motor vehicle imports will be hit with a 10% tariff. Yikes that would be around £7k for my Cali !!!! Let’s hope common sense prevails and we don’t have tit for tat tariffing otherwise I could see lots of orders being cancelled.

The Mallacca Highway is just about to dock at Sheerness. Are the build week 29 Cali’s on board? I hope so!!!!
Me too!

The Mallacca Highway is just about to dock at Sheerness. Are the build week 29 Cali’s on board? I hope so!!!!

Looks like it did not make the ship on Friday, this is the latest update on mine from chat

"Your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 27th July 2020.

Order can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days. "

Looks like it did not make the ship on Friday, this is the latest update on mine from chat

"Your California Coast arrived at the Port Of Exit in Emden Germany on the 27th July 2020.

Order can be at the Port of Exit (Emden) from 7-10 working days. "
Mine arrived on the 28th July so we are in the same boat (or not !). Next sailing arrives back in Sheetnesstomorrow I think so let’s hope we’re on board!!

Just to help with others' time frames, found out today from VW vans chat-line, my week 16 California Ocean is in the process of being built right now. So presumably we're a few weeks away from actual collection from the dealer. Anyway, a 70 plate will be most acceptable :).

Mine arrived on the 28th July so we are in the same boat (or not !). Next sailing arrives back in Sheetnesstomorrow I think so let’s hope we’re on board!!
Just been in touch with VW live. My Cali is now at status 40 which means it’s in the UK ! Slow but progress!

How exciting and great news. looks like you might have jumped the queue, unless VW live are fibbing and mine is also now in uk!

How exciting and great news. looks like you might have jumped the queue, unless VW live are fibbing and mine is also now in uk!
Hi I hope VW are correct and that you’re Cali is suiting alongside mine at Sheerness port!

Yes it was the Malacca Highway, I unfortunately went through Marshalls Reading, beyond hopeless......hear nothing from them, have to chase all the time.

[mention]Rowls1958 [/mention] It sounds like your whole experience has been a nightmare. Dare I ask if you have your Cali yet? We test drove a coast from Marshall’s Reading yesterday, staff seemed ok, but I do have reservations from ordering from them now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[mention]Rowls1958 [/mention] It sounds like your whole experience has been a nightmare. Dare I ask if you have your Cali yet? We test drove a coast from Marshall’s Reading yesterday, staff seemed ok, but I do have reservations from ordering from them now...

I decided not to use Marshalls Reading as they treated me like I was a numpty at the point of order and tried old school sales tactics. Other positive opinions no doubt exist.

I went with Robinsons Norwich, very protracted process (which was due to VW in fairness) but overall I was happy with the dealer. Major oil leak less than 2 weeks after collection but they sorted it quickly. :thumb

Yes finally arrived, can't recommend Marshalls though, no one seems to know much about Californias and also insisted the VED was £1850 even though I provided documentation to show it had now been reclassified......not good. Also when I went to collect my Cali they were actually showing a couple inside it......furious!!!!

Yes finally arrived, can't recommend Marshalls though, no one seems to know much about Californias and also insisted the VED was £1850 even though I provided documentation to show it had now been reclassified......not good. Also when I went to collect my Cali they were actually showing a couple inside it......furious!!!!

How long did it take to get it registered/collected once arrived at the dealers? Thanks

Two weeks, the postal issue wirh the DVLA counted for most of that ....

I think we met on the forecourt. Did you have to go back on the Monday?

Thanks again for showing off your Cali. Ours will look very very similar...

Yes finally arrived, can't recommend Marshalls though, no one seems to know much about Californias and also insisted the VED was £1850 even though I provided documentation to show it had now been reclassified......not good.
So have they made you pay £1,850?

Apart from that how about a photo of your new pride and joy? :thumb

Back