Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

So excited - I have been following this thread with real interest - we had our order accepted by the factory on 15/9 and today we have been given a provisional build week of 30th November... Is there any way we might get it before 1st January??!

I ordered on 30-9-20 but no build week yet - it looks highly likely we will have to pay the 10% duty on top doesnt it?!:(

To be honest I'd be gobsmacked if no deal is done..The EU bigwigs playing hardball and punishing the UK for leaving the EU by not giving a deal is only going to contribute to the death of the German car market...lets be honest, who on earth is going to pay 10% more for the same product...so people will just abandon buying new vehicles form Europe. And as it would appear 20% of their sales are to the UK, with the posy covid downturn anyway it would be financial suicide for the EU to cut their noses off to spite their face and apply a 10% tariff.

We will see though.

So excited - I have been following this thread with real interest - we had our order accepted by the factory on 15/9 and today we have been given a provisional build week of 30th November... Is there any way we might get it before 1st January??!
have a "Provisional build week 45 (02/11) so if no Covid delays i would imagine end of Nov in the UK, if these numbers are any guide i would imagine up to build week 49 (30/11) will be in the UK, build week 50 pushing it!

A district in Bavaria will go under lockdown from 14:00 (12:00 GMT) this afternoon, the first area of Germany to do so since the spring. You can only leave home in Berchtesgadener Land for shopping, work or other valid reasons. The local infection rate over the past week has hit 272.8 per 100,000.

1603315712083.jpeg

Never thought i would be interested in the Corona virus status of Hannover!

For the RDE1 change to 2 any RDE1 vehicles must be registered in the UK before the 1st Jan. It has been said 150 RDE2 builds will commence week 46 apparently. Therefore any 150's built in week 45 must be in the UK and registered which looking at current build times is more than likely and achievable.

It has been stated that the 199/204 will not be built until next year, unless VW have some slots to build a few 199's this year. If this is the case they again must be registered in the UK before 1st Jan. Good luck to the peeps if this is the case, my fingers are crossed for you. I think if you ordered prior to the 1st Oct you could not make an informed decision because you didn't know therefore you ordered a 199 RDE1 which must be here prior to Jan. If you haven't been told officially you order is confirmed for next year I would be optimistic.

Just be careful when you say non compliant, they are compliant and will be until they are scrapped because at the time they were manufactured they met the current standards. I have lost count of how many times the engine standards have changed we are on Euro 6 so there's a clue.

Last edited:
I posted this on the other delay thread so you may have seen this already!
We ordered a 150 Ocean on 25th Sept and have just been given a 'provisional' week 50 build. VW also confirmed it will be an RDE1 engine.

Wogga, you are right about the RDE. I ride a motorbike and I think mine is Euro 4 compliant whereas the new models must be Euro 6. It doesn't make my bike non-compliant, just emissions will be slightly higher and a louder exhaust note!

Yipeee, VW chat update this morning. My Cali (Week 41) is enroute.

Morak09:49 AM
Thanks for your patience, Michael. I am happy to tell you that your California Ocean is now at the Port of Exit. It has been released for shipping but not yet on the ship.

Thanks for your patience, Michael. I am happy to tell you that your California Ocean is now at the Port of Exit. It has been released for shipping but not yet on the ship.

Excellent news. Yours started build 5 Oct didn't it?

Excellent news. Yours started build 5 Oct didn't it?
Yes Week 41 was 5 Oct but not sure which day they started my build? Might have been Friday 9th for all I know? I say this because another member on this forum was also Week 41 and his Cali is already in the U.K.

Happy days !!!!!!

How many sleeps? Very, very exciting. All this nonsense of constantly chasing VW for "where is my van?" will be instantly forgotten when your lovely van has arrived. After just 3 months we really love our "Billy Ocean".

If you are in Wendover (I am in St Albans), maybe we should arrange a (socially distanced) coffee meet up at Dunstable Downs? How many Calis could we get lined up on a Sunday morning???

At last we have been given a provisional build week 49 for our ascot grey 150 Ocean(ordered at dealers on 22/9 and told that it was put on the system on 23/9). Keeping fingers crossed for a confirmed date and December delivery. Very excited. I may have to start buying stuff now. Can’t wait to get out touring (Covid permitting). Otherwise it’ll be a driveway office with convenient tea making facilities.

How many sleeps? Very, very exciting. All this nonsense of constantly chasing VW for "where is my van?" will be instantly forgotten when your lovely van has arrived. After just 3 months we really love our "Billy Ocean".

If you are in Wendover (I am in St Albans), maybe we should arrange a (socially distanced) coffee meet up at Dunstable Downs? How many Calis could we get lined up on a Sunday morning???
Sounds like a plan :)

Just found out we have a Build Week 11 for our Coast ordered 30/9
So we will definitely not be getting this year which is okay other than the 10% duty!:headbang

Just found out we have a Build Week 11 for our Coast ordered 30/9
So we will definitely not be getting this year which is okay other than the 10% duty!:headbang
If common sense prevails once the Brexit brinkmanship is over there may not be a 10% tariff. Fingers crossed.

If common sense prevails once the Brexit brinkmanship is over there may not be a 10% tariff. Fingers crossed.
Thanks GrumpyGranddad lets hope so, meanwhile I shall have to come up with some money sourcing brainwaves:sad

Got my Coast delivered today - 3 months and 6 days after ordering. No handover as it was delivered to my address. So have had to go through everything myself. Everything is all present and correct - had a long list to go through.

Its looks much bigger on my drive than it did in the showroom! Very excited now. Kids have already asked if they can have a sleep over in it tonight on the drive.

Got my Coast delivered today - 3 months and 6 days after ordering. No handover as it was delivered to my address. So have had to go through everything myself. Everything is all present and correct - had a long list to go through.

Its looks much bigger on my drive than it did in the showroom! Very excited now. Kids have already asked if they can have a sleep over in it tonight on the drive.
Oh how exciting yes a sleepover is a must - enjoy

Congratulations! Our kids went bananas, hope yours did too!

Photos, photos, photos....

Woah!

Your recent updates inspired me to recheck and I’ve got a build week 47!

Ordered 17/9/2020. 150ps. Candy white.
:thumb thats great as you should theoretically get before 31/12
Im so torn about it all as personally I would prefer delivery in March as gives me more time to sort my business winddown out but I sure do not want to pay another £5k on top! what will be will be - Ill probably have changed my mind about the whole thing by then!!

:thumb thats great as you should theoretically get before 31/12
Im so torn about it all as personally I would prefer delivery in March as gives me more time to sort my business winddown out but I sure do not want to pay another £5k on top! what will be will be - Ill probably have changed my mind about the whole thing by then!!
If we end up with 10% duty under WTO rules that shouldn't put 10% on the retail price. The importer (VW UK) pays the duty based on their purchase price of the vehicle when it arrives in the UK. What do you reckon Germany charge the UK for a vehicle? It'll be 10% of that

If we end up with 10% duty under WTO rules that shouldn't put 10% on the retail price. The importer (VW UK) pays the duty based on their purchase price of the vehicle when it arrives in the UK. What do you reckon Germany charge the UK for a vehicle? It'll be 10% of that
It would be really helpful if VW UK could publish what VW Germany charge then we can calculate the 10% duty ;)

Back