Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Well i have just passed the one month mark since my order was confirmed and still sitting at order status 00 no production week assigned.

Its quite a strange experience i must say ordering something that you may never receive to the specification you ordered it in, nor being able to even see one in the flesh but then just blindly asking for updates periodically. I am sure it will all work out in the end, this must be how rich people have to operate everyday, for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.

Well i have just passed the one month mark since my order was confirmed and still sitting at order status 00 no production week assigned.

Its quite a strange experience i must say ordering something that you may never receive to the specification you ordered it in, nor being able to even see one in the flesh but then just blindly asking for updates periodically. I am sure it will all work out in the end, this must be how rich people have to operate everyday, for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.

i am even now contemplating asking if I can amend the order ( if it doesn't push me to the back of the queue) by adding the locking differential and the 80 litre tank.

i am even now contemplating asking if I can amend the order ( if it doesn't push me to the back of the queue) by adding the locking differential and the 80 litre tank.
I have heard that colour and engine size are more difficult to change. Should be able to add those things...

I assume you have ordered a 4 motion which by all accounts not due until March next year, at the earliest I doubt changing your order will make difference since you have yet to get even a provisional build week. Once you have a confirmed build week that's when changes will cause issues.

My Week 41 Ocean has now been sitting on the dock at Emden for over a week. I was hoping it would be on the Malacca Highway which has just left port for Sheerness, but disappointedly it’s not! :-( Buying a Cali’ is certainly a test of patience :)
Hopefully it will be on the next Malacca Highway shipment on Friday this week. I’m assuming mine will be shipped to Sheerness and not Immingham as my dealership is Crawley.

for me its a big purchase but wont seem real till i have a little more than a badly photocopied order sheet.

That struck a cord with me because I felt the same when I placed my order. I wasn't expecting a gold embossed invoice but some sign my order was appreciated would have been nice. VW could use a lesson from their sisters at Audi in making a customer feel valued or maybe its just because we are forced to deal with commercial sales.

Anywho mine was confirmed as starting build this week by VW Chat this morning so i'm getting there now but still no contact or interest from the dealer thus far.

Hope you get a build date soon.

My Week 41 Ocean has now been sitting on the dock at Emden for over a week. I was hoping it would be on the Malacca Highway which has just left port for Sheerness, but disappointedly it’s not! :-( Buying a Cali’ is certainly a test of patience :)
Hopefully it will be on the next Malacca Highway shipment on Friday this week. I’m assuming mine will be shipped to Sheerness and not Immingham as my dealership is Crawley.
Sorry to hear that. Will you pick up from Eurovans in Crawley? I've found them to be uncommunicative, but hope I'll have communication soon (ordered on 8 October). I'm putting up with it given the DTD discount. Mind me asking if you've managed to do a deal on the extended warranty or anything else?

Sorry to hear that. Will you pick up from Eurovans in Crawley? I've found them to be uncommunicative, but hope I'll have communication soon (ordered on 8 October). I'm putting up with it given the DTD discount. Mind me asking if you've managed to do a deal on the extended warranty or anything else?
Maybe communication could be a bit better but I’m not at all unhappy with Eurovans. Yes I have done a deal with them to extend the warranty to 5-years. My original deal was 54-year warranty and roadside assistance plus 2 services.

Maybe communication could be a bit better but I’m not at all unhappy with Eurovans. Yes I have done a deal with them to extend the warranty to 5-years. My original deal was 54-year warranty and roadside assistance plus 2 services.

Now thats a warranty worth having :)

Chat confirmed build next week (02/11 week 45) Drive the deal via Crawley. Mushroomed by dealer. Photo copy of an order form by way of confirmation, an email with confirmation from DTD, confirmation on my credit statement. That’s the lot. VW chat confirming specifics along the journey.

Surprised at some of your dealer experiences. I've had four or five phone calls from them since I placed my order (12/8) with progress updates.
Now in the second week of its build, I'm promised another call when it changes status

Surprised at some of your dealer experiences. I've had four or five phone calls from them since I placed my order (12/8) with progress updates.
Now in the second week of its build, I'm promised another call when it changes status
From JCB Crawley?

19/08 DTD + Eurovans/JCB - Nothing proactive!

Still avoiding contacting chat for an update on my week 43 build, I will cave and contact them on Friday I think.

I contacted vw chat yesterday and they have informed me, my ocean is on the way to Emden port but could still take a month from now before I can collect from the dealer

I am week 43 build I caved yesterday and essentially got no news, very frustrating.
So build should have started wb 19 Oct? Looks like is should be c10 weeks to delivery...

F2DEF91F-B87B-4910-A95E-91940D276A1F.png

I contacted vw chat yesterday and they have informed me, my ocean is on the way to Emden port but could still take a month from now before I can collect from the dealer
Yes, up to a month. Mine’s been sitting at Emden for over a week so hopefully it will be on the Malacca Highway on Friday. Then 2 day voyage, 7-10 days at Sheetness and a few days at the dealership.

Yes, up to a month. Mine’s been sitting at Emden for over a week so hopefully it will be on the Malacca Highway on Friday. Then 2 day voyage, 7-10 days at Sheetness and a few days at the dealership.
Do they all go to the same U.K. port and is the Malacca highway the ferry they use?

Back