Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Thank you - yes the opening front which is a must, the comfort lighting which is atmospheric, the larger fuel tank, davenports I think look classic, tinted glass which Im not sure is quite dark enough & 2 tone paint. Not long to wait for yours too :D
Congrats. Nice to live vicariously through others as I have another 6+ months wait for my 199/204 4Mo Coast. I also speced the wood effect floor and it does indeed look classy. By 'opening front' I guess you mean the panoramic canvas bellows, which I also wanted. Ascot/white 2 tone is my fav colour option but Ascot wasn't available on the LHD 'Edition' model :(
Autumn can't come soon enough.

Congrats. Nice to live vicariously through others as I have another 6+ months wait for my 199/204 4Mo Coast. I also speced the wood effect floor and it does indeed look classy. By 'opening front' I guess you mean the panoramic canvas bellows, which I also wanted. Ascot/white 2 tone is my fav colour option but Ascot wasn't available on the LHD 'Edition' model :(
Autumn can't come soon enough.
Strange how VW restrict combinations. What colour ‘Edition’ did you spec?

I see the black b pillars and mirrors. Do you also get a darker tint in the rear?
Yes, there's privacy tint, LED HL/TL, LED interior lights, fog lights, 17" wheels, shower, comfort mattress included and black paint panel on pop top which should help camouflage the solar panels

Well fingers and everything else crossed the build process of our 204..4motion will be completed this week....my wife and I are still trying to refrain from being excited (well my wife is...lol) but hopefully our camper might be on its way to Grimsby very soon. As I live near there I could go with binoculars and try to identify it from outside the vehicle compound and longingly look and hope it arrives home soon. Why does a vehicle have such a focus...I have bought many new cars in my life (I am 67) some very special and expensive and classic but none have generated the excitement of a “van“ fitted with beds, a cooker, sink and fridge..what is it with these things
!! Over time you build connections with people on this forum...feeling for their disappointment, pain and anger for lack of information from VW but eventually over time that is replaced with excitement. I have been waiting for that feeling since our order date of mid August, but now it is building.....we can now start to plan our adventures!!

Well fingers and everything else crossed the build process of our 204..4motion will be completed this week....my wife and I are still trying to refrain from being excited (well my wife is...lol) but hopefully our camper might be on its way to Grimsby very soon. As I live near there I could go with binoculars and try to identify it from outside the vehicle compound and longingly look and hope it arrives home soon. Why does a vehicle have such a focus...I have bought many new cars in my life (I am 67) some very special and expensive and classic but none have generated the excitement of a “van“ fitted with beds, a cooker, sink and fridge..what is it with these things
!! Over time you build connections with people on this forum...feeling for their disappointment, pain and anger for lack of information from VW but eventually over time that is replaced with excitement. I have been waiting for that feeling since our order date of mid August, but now it is building.....we can now start to plan our adventures!!
Our 204 build is on a similar timeline to yourself, should be moving into week 2 of our build. Fingers crossed for April delivery.

Our 204 build is on a similar timeline to yourself, should be moving into week 2 of our build. Fingers crossed for April delivery.
Good news I have been looking at the newly released vehicle and engine stats all very interesting at least insurers will now be able to quote

!! Over time you build connections with people on this forum...
And that is what you remember. And then you meet them at a club event and they become long life friends... and you’re cali addict...

Good news I have been looking at the newly released vehicle and engine stats all very interesting at least insurers will now be able to quote
Do you have a link to those stats?

Not seen the updated info, has it been published yet?

if you click on VW commercial...go to California...configurator ...engine and click the 204 and a window opens with detail..

Let me know if you get there

This is a key comparison.
Combined mpg:
204 - 41.5
150 - 46.3

But then there’s WLTP
Consumption combined:
204 - 34.7
150 - 35.2

Which would you use when working out your range?

Last edited:
Ordered November - No confirmed build week yet - Just the build month from the dealer (After an email chase) Dealer says "Build Month April" - VW online Chat say Build Week mid May (Provisional).
We have this exact same situation. Ordered November, build month April... no build week. VW Chat saying May doesn’t fill me with joy :(

We have this exact same situation. Ordered November, build month April... no build week. VW Chat saying May doesn’t fill me with joy :(
It will be here before you know it. The watched pot never boils eh? Enjoy the anticipation and the window shopping for all those "essentials" that you never knew you were going to "need".

I agree fully, all those weeks spent chasing VW and getting frustrated are in the past. My build week is next week, all my fears about weight issues were unfounded and it will be built as specified. I have spent the last few weeks asking Campervan bits lots of questions and ordering and preordering what would equate to a small family cars size and cost in accessories. I will no doubt be selling most of those once it finally arrives and I realise I don’t need half of it. If has been fun buying though. I never knew their were so many types of pegs and Storm straps you could buy at last count I had about 300 and I think I need about 16 in total.

I am still not convinced my towbar mounted bike rack will fit, but will wait and see as it cost a small fortune and I had to wait so long for it to be delivered for my last car, that I want to try it before discarding it. My only other outstanding purchases are solar panel and a new garden shed to store all of my ”might need this one day” purchases.

This is a key comparison.
Combined mpg:
204 - 41.5
150 - 46.3

But then there’s WLTP
Consumption combined:
204 - 34.7
150 - 35.2

Which would you use when working out your range?
For the 204 4M I would be happy with anything above 30 as it's lugging a lot of weight.

For the 204 4M I would be happy with anything above 30 as it's lugging a lot of weight.
The figures for a 204 4M are:

WLTP combined - 32.9
NDEC combined - 40.4

Quite a hit over the 204 FWD, but still pretty good

The figures for a 204 4M are:

WLTP combined - 32.9
NDEC combined - 40.4

Quite a hit over the 204 FWD, but still pretty good
I wouldn't want a 204 FWD. The propensity for front wheel spin especially on slick road surfaces wouldn't be fun.

I wouldn't want a 204 FWD. The propensity for front wheel spin especially on slick road surfaces wouldn't be fun.
Yes, I don't see the need for the extra power tbh, just end up with all your plates smashed at the back of the cupboard! :headbang
Its interesting to read about the WLTP test, and how it should be a more realistic representation of fuel economy in the real world than the (1980's designed) NDEC test. So can we be more confident that a 150 should achieve 46mpg?!
https://www.wltpfacts.eu/what-is-wltp-how-will-it-work/

Back