Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

have you herd any news on your cali
Unfortunately it is still showing as waiting at port of exit to board a ship. I’m
nordic ace on way to tyne
Thanks for the info, star man! Just checked with VW Liverpool now. It’s on the ship and code 39!!!

Dealer has sent me chassis number and choice of number plates too!

Getting excited now!

Anyone else's Week 40 build still not left the factory?
Neither VWC online chat, or the dealer able to see any updates on our Coast order. :sad
November order not looking likely for the Summer

VW Liverpool just confirmed I have a build week commencing 28th June, ordered end of December with Tow bar

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! Did you order a ocean?
Hope we would get some news here also.. I would love to have it for autumn!

Could we ever imagine this thread of conversation ever ending? It might break records for the longest conversation about a bloody van.
A ‘bloody van’ which seems to have the longest build time known to mankind.

I called my dealer yesterday. No one has any idea what is going on with my order. I was 14 on the list and was asked back in April to ‘tow bar (June build) or not to tow bar (May build). I chose the former. I now seems I’m not likely to be getting built until August! So it will be some 12 months between order and delivery.

I’m starting to have a conspiracy theory on the basis my ‘deal’ back on Sept was so good that VW are hoping I cancel so they can flog it for £20k more. I know it’s probably not true but sounds good.

I heard a couple of days ago that my 204 4motion Ocean has finally been built! Ordered early November so looking like 8 months from order to getting my hands on it. Really hoping it's worth the wait - and stress!

I called my dealer yesterday. No one has any idea what is going on with my order. I was 14 on the list and was asked back in April to ‘tow bar (June build) or not to tow bar (May build). I chose the former. I now seems I’m not likely to be getting built until August! So it will be some 12 months between order and delivery.

I’m starting to have a conspiracy theory on the basis my ‘deal’ back on Sept was so good that VW are hoping I cancel so they can flog it for £20k more. I know it’s probably not true but sounds good.
Mine was ordered in September, tow bar, 4 no, diff lock, tpms etc etc etc. It’s on way to UK soul today. The delays are indeed annoying but the van will get built. They will also honour the deal. Best wishes for a speedy receipt of your van

Wow sounds like my experience (October 8 order with tow bar and sports pack, both retained when offered earlier build). Friends have suggested I just cancel...but the only winner is the dealer...I’d probably end up buying my own van for £10k more!
My dealer (Eurovans Crawley) said last week that it will be aMY22 now, and he expected it to be allocated a build week this week. I think dates will be changing for all shortly, as the MY21 ends and 22 begins...
Fingers and toes crossed.

Last edited:
It did occur to me too, you'd think the cancellations would be coming thick and fast but then there's no real alternative with few 2nd hand vans around at decent prices, and Ford, MB etc also with long leadtimes.

Does anyone actually know if there are any changes on the my22 seems odd that there could be changes to what you thought you are getting built and not be informed as not all changes are always positive ones like the deletion of the sports mode on dsg boxes previously

Does anyone actually know if there are any changes on the my22 seems odd that there could be changes to what you thought you are getting built and not be informed as not all changes are always positive ones like the deletion of the sports mode on dsg boxes previously
My dealer knows nothing, other than "they will be very minor".
I understand from this forum that WeConnect will be more effective (eg. can turn on parking heater and unlock/lock doors from the app).
I'd love to know, perhaps California Chris will do a video...

My dealer knows nothing, other than "they will be very minor".
I understand from this forum that WeConnect will be more effective (eg. can turn on parking heater and unlock/lock doors from the app).
I'd love to know, perhaps California Chris will do a video...
I'm waiting for the Cali Chris video with baited breath!

It did occur to me too, you'd think the cancellations would be coming thick and fast but then there's no real alternative with few 2nd hand vans around at decent prices, and Ford, MB etc also with long leadtimes.
Perhaps they’re hanging out for us to just get bored of the California dream.

Perhaps they’re hanging out for us to just get bored of the California dream.
its not just vans , we have been waiting 7 months for a toaster and our bosch kettle broke and they can't replace it because they have none. i went to my local motorcycle shop and they have no bikes, and can't get any new ones. i think micro chips are to blame for a lot of delays.i make parts for f1 and we are waiting for material all the time.

its not just vans , we have been waiting 7 months for a toaster and our bosch kettle broke and they can't replace it because they have none. i went to my local motorcycle shop and they have no bikes, and can't get any new ones. i think micro chips are to blame for a lot of delays.i make parts for f1 and we are waiting for material all the time.
My cycle shop has just finally received a Schindelhauer shipment it’s been trying to get through customs for months...I struck lucky and they had one in my size...all either pre-sold or sold in 4 days

Mine arrived at Sheerness yesterday morning. Now due to be used as a taxi in Margate for 2 weeks before being sent to Eurovans.
Well mine was on the same boat it turns out. It's sitting at Sheerness still according to VW Chat, no doubt parked up together. If you hear anything from Eurovans let me know, I won't say anything rude about them in case they're listening...

Well mine was on the same boat it turns out. It's sitting at Sheerness still according to VW Chat, no doubt parked up together. If you hear anything from Eurovans let me know, I won't say anything rude about them in case they're listening...
Good news. 4 months from order?!
Amazing how quick Beaches are compared to Oceans.

Good news. 4 months from order?!
Amazing how quick Beaches are compared to Oceans.
Yes ordered 13 Feb or thereabouts... very quick comparatively especially since it has a towbar. My guess is that they want to get some Beaches out on the road to promote them

Back