Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Well, today was the day! 259 days after placing our order, I picked up our brand new California T6.1 Ocean 150! The hour drive home from the dealer was a total pleasure!

Even though (like most expectant owners) I have watched all of YouTube 5 times over, and know the van inside out, it feels different actually seeing it all in the flesh. I’m a bit overwhelmed by all of the things I need to get my head around before our maiden camping trip on Thursday. A short 2 nighter to test everything out. Can’t wait!

For all those still waiting, keep the faith, as it will certainly be worth it when you take possession. Trust me!

View attachment 81766View attachment 81767View attachment 81768View attachment 81769View attachment 81770View attachment 81771
Looks awesome, congratulations. The wheels really suit the colour scheme!

Magnificent!! First proper good pics I’ve seen of indium grey - I’ve got same supposedly in build this week! Thanks for cheering me up!
Does look good in Indium grey, but I would say that as I collected an identical one last week :) Didn't get chance to take photos of mine before we headed off on our first trip so it's nice and dusty at the moment and ain't no way I'm washing it in this heat!

Unfortunately the local bird population seem to be using the roof of mine as target practice. Every time I get the steps out and clean the sh1t off it, little buggers go and splatter it again. If that's cos it's supposed to be 'lucky' then that's enough luck for now thanks!

I get the feeling there are lots of vans stuck at stage 5 in the factory. Mine is as well. Ordered Ocean in early Dec. Dealer and VW Chat don’t know anything more than this.
Ive just had the news of being stuck at stage 5. Down to an ‘Engine Component Issue’.

Ooooh just been told my Cali is in build at Production point 3! I’m so excited…..but……. I have no idea what the production points / stages are? I know there’s 8…..anyone know?

We were very, very lucky when we ordered a cherry-red Coast in the Netherlands June 10. Our dealer had ordered a car, almost (but not total) completely to our wishes for his own purposes (show it to potential customers). No ACC but we can live with that.
Today we picked up our new Cali (six weeks from ordering to delivery looks like a breaking record to me ..). The salesperson told us this was the last sold car this year, no more production for The Netherlands 2021!

We were very, very lucky when we ordered a cherry-red Coast in the Netherlands June 10. Our dealer had ordered a car, almost (but not total) completely to our wishes for his own purposes (show it to potential customers). No ACC but we can live with that.
Today we picked up our new Cali (six weeks from ordering to delivery looks like a breaking record to me ..). The salesperson told us this was the last sold car this year, no more production for The Netherlands 2021!

Mmm, that’s interesting Last month, so in June, a salesperson from a “Camper center in Amersfoort” told me that if we should order a new California, according to our specs, we would be able to drive it in October?! He must have “special friends” in Hannover or else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mmm, that’s interesting Last month, so in June, a salesperson from a “Camper center in Amersfoort” told me that if we should order a new California, according to our specs, we would be able to drive it in October?! He must have “special friends” in Hannover or else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
October 2022 o_O

Thanks everyone for your kind comments, we really are pleased with it so far.

You’ve twisted my arm to show off the hidden party piece !

I was concerned how red it would make it inside and I’m really pleased to say it really doesn’t at all when I think of the youtube videos I’ve seen of the T6 red roofs…

1DDEDC5F-7063-473C-9638-A366D58EF95A.jpeg
A82CFEB2-6AC0-4289-AD97-1E72FB0612B5.jpeg
0359863D-A80A-45D8-9D50-12EF6457B521.jpeg
0C5653A1-D00B-43DF-993B-88212B11D0B9.jpeg0C5653A1-D00B-43DF-993B-88212B11D0B9.jpeg

Hi All, Same thing here in Switzerland. Ordered a Coast (150 hp/DSG) in May '21 > ETA, according to dealer: January '22. Well let's see...!?
Reading here and on the German forum I'll be glad to have it delivered in April?
Cheers, Rob
Hey Rob, I'm in Zurich, some info you might find helpful. I just ordered last week and been told there is an estimated build week of 1st week of February 2022, then 7 weeks for the van-to-cali work, with delivery to the dealer / me in March 2022.

"Medium confident" I think were the dealer's words.

Hey Rob, I'm in Zurich, some info you might find helpful. I just ordered last week and been told there is an estimated build week of 1st week of February 2022, then 7 weeks for the van-to-cali work, with delivery to the dealer / me in March 2022.

"Medium confident" I think were the dealer's words.
I ordered in Etoy (close to Lausanne) ocean 150 dsg, copper white, rear camera, side assist and 2 more stuff in December. Still waiting and dealer said it should get build in September and Deliver in November. 11 months, so I would count with at least that

Not an uncommon story, we had delays back in 2016.

Have a read of this; explains the status codes you can ask your dealer what status it's at.
I put in an order last year for an ocean with a high spec list in early July and was told October initially.
Then due to COVID lockdown restriction they said December or February this year. They then said due to high demands the message I got was July this year, I could understand the situation as there had been backlog because of factory closing down during these hard times and then further delays as I heard from the dealer, there had been difficulty in obtaining electronic components at source, require for the build. All in all after changing spec I have been told March next year. So after 20 months I am hopeful to have delivery of it.

Back