Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Hey Rob, I'm in Zurich, some info you might find helpful. I just ordered last week and been told there is an estimated build week of 1st week of February 2022, then 7 weeks for the van-to-cali work, with delivery to the dealer / me in March 2022.

"Medium confident" I think were the dealer's words.
Thanks ! let's wait, a long time, and see if the crystal ball works well this time ;-)
I live in Zug, so AMAG is my dealer, and I find that the staff is really dedicated. Maybe that helps...

We have decided to use the waiting time to re-evaluate what we want.
We spoke to dealer as we were told van would not be delivered til feb 2022. After ordering in 2nd jan 2021. We have changed from beach to coast. Still two tone paint bay leaf and white, hitch, aux heater and laminated windows.
No problem changing and luckily got 2021 prices.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

We have decided to use the waiting time to re-evaluate what we want.
We spoke to dealer as we were told van would not be delivered til feb 2022. After ordering in 2nd jan 2021. We have changed from beach to coast. Still two tone paint bay leaf and white, hitch, aux heater and laminated windows.
No problem changing and luckily got 2021 prices.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nice choice! bay leaf white was my second option! I still have doubts sometimes!

Ordered June 2021, been given a build week 4 2022, So I guess delivery April, but would guess with some slippage May+

Our December order for an Ocean 204 in Indium Grey is still at production stage 5. It been like this for 4 weeks. I’ve just been told the part causing these delays is the air conditioning compressor unit. Many orders are delayed because of this item. Dealer’s best guess is we’ll have the van in 3 weeks but how long is a piece of string……

Our December order for an Ocean 204 in Indium Grey is still at production stage 5. It been like this for 4 weeks. I’ve just been told the part causing these delays is the air conditioning compressor unit. Many orders are delayed because of this item. Dealer’s best guess is we’ll have the van in 3 weeks but how long is a piece of string……
Just when you are not watching, you'll get that email from the dealer to say it's arrived. Hang in there!

Had an update from VW Chat to say the van was on a boat as of Wednesday. Was told it should get to Grimsby by this weekend and could then take 7-10 days to reach the dealer. Getting closer. Hopefully will get the keys in 3 weeks time.

We have also been stuck at stage 5 for a few weeks. I was hopeful for mid august delivery but now not so sure.

Had an update from VW Chat to say the van was on a boat as of Wednesday. Was told it should get to Grimsby by this weekend and could then take 7-10 days to reach the dealer. Getting closer. Hopefully will get the keys in 3 weeks time.
How long did yours take to go through the factory?

How long did yours take to go through the factory?
Had a build week that started June 7th. Was told the build was completed 3-4 weeks later - then it took a further 3 weeks for it to ship. Feels like each stage build / shipping / delivery has around a 3-4 week turnaround time.

Ordered June 2021, been given a build week 4 2022, So I guess delivery April, but would guess with some slippage May+
What I find bizarre is the completely predictable approach to it all.

I ordered my coast back in February and still don't have a provisional build date. So your order was 4 months later and at least you have a provisional date. You'd think they'd allocate build dates in order of when order was placed, or at least to an approximation of that.

I vented to Volkswagen UK about the lack of information, and weirdly the customer service person who called me said that it wasn't their responsibility to solve the issue, it was the Dealers. It's clear the problems are with the factory, but dealer is so low in pecking order there is nothing they can do.

Surely VW UK should be pushing for a better system and at least trying to manage customer relationships better?

I got an email from my dealer regarding the Coast I ordered in February, predicted for July - August at the time.

It said (without any apology or explanation) that the build is now estimated for October and still unconfirmed.

I came to my senses and decided to cancel. Frankly, VW UK are clearly wallowing around in a spreadsheet nightmare of their own making and they have no ability to give the customers the care required in this situation. If they were able to give clear and specific information, I wouldn't mind so much, but they can't, so I'll wait until I can buy a camper van in a normal commercial environment.

I'm quite interested in the LEVC offering....

I got an email from my dealer regarding the Coast I ordered in February, predicted for July - August at the time.

It said (without any apology or explanation) that the build is now estimated for October and still unconfirmed.

I came to my senses and decided to cancel. Frankly, VW UK are clearly wallowing around in a spreadsheet nightmare of their own making and they have no ability to give the customers the care required in this situation. If they were able to give clear and specific information, I wouldn't mind so much, but they can't, so I'll wait until I can buy a camper van in a normal commercial environment.

Your dealer will be pleased

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Anyone with a June build week hearing any new information about their order?

We ordered our Cali Ocean 204DSG on November 26th 2020.
Went into production 15th June 2021.(Birthday)
We picked it up from the dealer today, 8 months to the day.(had to give up the tyre pressure monitoring or it would have been another 2 months).
If ordered today, dealer would advise 12/13 months for new order.

We picked it up from the dealer today, 8 months to the day.(had to give up the tyre pressure monitoring or it would have been another 2 months).
Fantastic news. Enjoyment starts today.

Anyone with a June build week hearing any new information about their order?

Nope, I was going to ring the dealer this Friday to try and get a update. I was told mine was at stage 5 awaiting parts during the closure, hopefully the factory is open again as the first few weeks of August is summer holiday closure of the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The LEVC is also some way off. Prototype by end of summer, available for purchase by the end of 2021 if their predictions are correct. It will be interesting to see what sort of a job Wellhouse Leisure make of the conversion.

Thats extremely frustrating. I believe, that as here in France, VW UK is in the dark also and very dependent on decisions made in Germany that they have little visibility on and, no control over. Personally I would not have cancelled, but I understand your move. When I was having big differences with VW about the build of my Cali, I had a look at a new and available Westfalia Kepler 5 4motion which came in well under the price of my new Cali, with a nicer interior too. Might be worth a look as an alternative if there are any available in the UK.

Thats extremely frustrating. I believe, that as here in France, VW UK is in the dark also and very dependent on decisions made in Germany that they have little visibility on and, no control over. Personally I would not have cancelled, but I understand your move. When I was having big differences with VW about the build of my Cali, I had a look at a new and available Westfalia Kepler 5 4motion which came in well under the price of my new Cali, with a nicer interior too. Might be worth a look as an alternative if there are any available in the UK.
Westfalia build times are even crazier!!!
Have a joker on order and it’s been 13mths so far, still no sign of it!!!!!

Great news. Could you check whether the stereo turns off after 20 mins with the ignition off? Yours seems to be the newest Ofean delivery, and Cali Chris seems to think the stereo is now powered by the leisure battery. Might be MY22 I suppose, perhaps yours is 21 if it was built in June.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/posts/534462/bookmark

Westfalia build times are even crazier!!!
Have a joker on order and it’s been 13mths so far, still no sign of it!!!!!
Hiii, really not good I know. This one was actually in stock, we did a walk around by video chat, and it was very tempting. Goodluck with your order.

Back