Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Received a phone call today from dealer to say our cali coast will be with them this Friday morning. Ordered mid March 2021. The delays did offer more time to save and order more extras along the way so in hindsight the delay was well utilised. Still refusing to believe it until my arse is planted firmly in the front seat of it this Friday evening.

That's fantastic news, we ordered end Dec 2020 and gave the dealer a call, it is left the factory and is at Emden port awaiting shipment. We should have it by end of Jan. Getting excited now. Where are you based Lance? hopefully, we will meet on the roads.
Received a phone call today from dealer to say our cali coast will be with them this Friday morning. Ordered mid March 2021. The delays did offer more time to save and order more extras along the way so in hindsight the delay was well utilised. Still refusing to believe it until my arse is planted firmly in the front seat of it this Friday evening.

Last edited:
thats fantastic news, we ordered end Dec 2020 and haven't heard anything yet,. we might give the dealer a call. where are you based Lance?
Ordered Nov 2020 and just contacted Dutch dealer for an update as I would assume there should be a confirmed build week in Jan if delivery in March '22 is actually going to happen.

Good to hear! The final wait is the most exciting!! We’re doing the same, getting prepped with needed accessories ready for Delivery-Day. Pls post pics when it finally arrives - always good to see a new van

Thanks both, good to know it’s not just our dealer who is quiet then. We know our build date will be a long way off, but will contact the dealer in the new year to see if we need to start saving some extra pennies for the 30th June increase.

@Rikmac Fingers crossed for you that January is build month.
Spoke to the dealer today and our estimated build month of January has now been confirmed to build week 4.....week commencing the 24th January.
hallelujah!

That's fantastic news, we ordered end Dec 2020 and gave the dealer a call, it is left the factory and is at Emden port awaiting shipment. We should have it by end of Jan. Getting excited now. Where are you based Lance? hopefully, we will meet on the roads.
Based in Waterford in the south Ceolgra. Always over west so I'm sure I'll see you out and about.

Based in Waterford in the south Ceolgra. Always over west so I'm sure I'll see you out and about.
Im in limerick. I have lot of vw friends in waterford south East, love Dicks field in Ardmore, r u member of type2ireland.org club they organise many fun weekends. Check them out on facebook.also do you know if you member of irish motorhome and caravan club of ireland you can get discount on insurance. Best of luck with new van. Ia exciting

Ann marie
Code:

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Dealer contacted us today to inform us that the van has been built and is waiting at the docks at Emden for shipping, they expect it within 14 days (originally told Feb/March).
We have not had as long to wait as many, we jumped on an order a dealer had in September 2021 - we had to stick with the engine and drivetrain, but were able to change everything else.

Dealer contacted us today to inform us that the van has been built and is waiting at the docks at Emden for shipping, they expect it within 14 days (originally told Feb/March).
We have not had as long to wait as many, we jumped on an order a dealer had in September 2021 - we had to stick with the engine and drivetrain, but were able to change everything else.
Wow that’s good for a September order.

Well, as he said: this is an already ordered california from, for example someone who canceled (there are some who do this :Grin ). With such a 'takeover' of an order, if the vehicle does not yet 'exist' (only on an order form passed on to the importer/head office but certainly not yet in the planning in the factory), you can still change almost everything, but not things like the model version (beach/coast/ocean) and engine version. After the delivery of ours (ordered August 2020 and delivered April 2021) in the wrong colour we were also presented such a vehicle: it was a California ordered by the dealer and not yet made and could be delivered about four months later but this did not work for some reason. We had to order again -April 2021- and are still waiting and meanwhile no longer have a proposed construction date; all data disappeared.
The dealer is currently unaware of anything and is waiting for info and on my question to Volkswagen Belgium where my order is, I got the following answer:
“Due to the exceptional circumstances we are confronted with, the possibility to track the order of your vehicle via the My Volkswagen is temporarily disabled.
We currently have no idea when this feature will be reactivated.“

This way you can see how our order in Belgium is going :rolleyes: I'm always happy for the person in question who got a confirmed building date, delivery date or certainly the delivery off his/her cali but would like to know when ours is coming ;)
Greetings

Last edited:
As Calibusje said, it was an order already on the system which I managed to get hold of. I rang around many dealers to see if anyone had a canceled order and eventually found one, I was just lucky. It is a high spec 4motion but was what we were after anyway.
I didn't get as big a discount as you would expect when placing a new order from scratch, but it was still a considerable discount and meant that I wouldn't miss the 2022 season.

As Calibusje said, it was an order already on the system which I managed to get hold of. I rang around many dealers to see if anyone had a canceled order and eventually found one, I was just lucky. It is a high spec 4motion but was what we were after anyway.
I didn't get as big a discount as you would expect when placing a new order from scratch, but it was still a considerable discount and meant that I wouldn't miss the 2022 season.
congratulations on your order and good for you that you have a relatively short delivery time this way. I can imagine you are looking forward to it! Now buy your extra stuff wisely ;) :D

The dealer has provided an encouraging update that my Cali Coast is scheduled for delivery to the supplying dealer on the 13th April. That will make it 17 months from the order date. Must be close to the record if I'm not mistaken......

VW chat is a waste of time !
We've had one email from our dealer at the start of November saying we have an unconfirmed build month of January 22, not heard anything since.
My dealer has always told me if there are any updates hell let me know.
I know its frustrating but i've not pestered him and i've always been prepared to wait a year.
Order placed on the 31st march .
They won’t tell you anything about your order in the online chat in my experience, I was referred back to the dealer, whom in most cases has the most up to date information anyway; as received from Germany.

View attachment 87706
Well after almost 11 months, I finally got the chance to see my new California today (it apparently arrived at the dealers yesterday). I won't be able to drive it until it has had its dealer's checks and is licensed in early January, but it was so nice being able to see it in person. Thank you to all of you who have posted here over the time I have been a member, as it has been comforting to know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.
For your info:
Ordered 12 Feb 2021
California Ocean SWB 204 PS 2.0 TDI 7sp DSG 4MOTION
Differential Lock
Plus other additions
Gorgeous ! You’l love the 4Motion, to get of the beaten track, it’s the way to go. I took the 4MO with the diff block. Have not needed the diff block yet, but the 4MO in itself is a joy to get close to lake sides etc.

True, but believe all UK stevedores are part of the same union.
They may well belong to Unite, however Unite has a beef about certain port employers - and from what I see on the Unite website these include Forth Ports, PD Ports and Peel Ports. Sheerness is operated by Peel Ports. Port of Tyne doesn‘t appear to be involved in the Unite action.

True, but believe all UK stevedores are part of the same union.
They may well belong to Unite, however Unite has a beef about certain port employers - and from what I see on the Unite website these include Forth Ports, PD Ports and Peel Ports. Sheerness is operated by Peel Ports. Port of Tyne doesn‘t appear to be involved in the Unite action.
In looking at the factory production info we had in November, I see that the receiving port is nominated at that point (Port of Tyne in our case). I don’t know if VW will alter this if the nominated port is closed - certainly would hope so. This can have a knock-on impact across all deliveries of course. So like you @Ch1pbutty I hope the dispute is solved quickly.

Our own van is “being shipped” as advised by the dealer a couple of days ago.

Knowing VW they won’t care, and keep sending to Sheerness even though they are just pushing them off the ship into the sea!

Ordered a 2WD Coast in Ireland on the 31st of Jan 2021, after many delays (due May, then August, then November) finally it is in country and am picking it up this Wednesday. Delighted!
That's great @Irelandcali where are you based, im in limerick, what colour etc did you order hopefully meet you on the irish roads this year?

That's great @Irelandcali where are you based, im in limerick, what colour etc did you order hopefully meet you on the irish roads this year?
We're in Dublin - cherry red with the privacy glass - I would have loved a 2 tone but couldn't bring myself to pay €3.5k for it - finances were already streched! Plenty of planning going on now for holidays/weekends in Ireland this year.

Back