Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Picked up the van of Friday evening last also. Well worth the wait. Just finalising insurance details now to get on the road.

View attachment 88040
Fantastic, Well wear, looks great, I think we are getting those wheels too, are you member of IMCC it will help reduce insurance costs. where are you planning your first trip? I hope you don't mind me asking but did the new VRT rate increase the final price by much. i reckon its going to be another 4% on top of our updated quote in July,

We're in Dublin - cherry red with the privacy glass - I would have loved a 2 tone but couldn't bring myself to pay €3.5k for it - finances were already streched! Plenty of planning going on now for holidays/weekends in Ireland this year.
excellent that's 3 new vans this year in ireland so far. I cant wait to hit the road and we have sale agreed on our T4 "Jessie" but not parting with keys till we get our hands on the new one, hopefully, end of the month.

17" Aracaju's. They come as standard on the Coast/Ocean Edition

In the UK the silver painted version of those is standard on an Ocean.
I don't recall seeing the black/diamond cut versions on a UK options list.

In the UK the silver painted version of those is standard on an Ocean.
I don't recall seeing the black/diamond cut versions on a UK options list.
Special edition for the 'Edition' model, which wasn't available in the Uk.

Fantastic, Well wear, looks great, I think we are getting those wheels too, are you member of IMCC it will help reduce insurance costs. where are you planning your first trip? I hope you don't mind me asking but did the new VRT rate increase the final price by much. i reckon its going to be another 4% on top of our updated quote in July,
I have been in contact with Bill from IMCC last week and awaiting the forms. Dont think he does pdf's so I'm playing the waiting game staring at the letterbox. First overseas trip will be to Scotland in March. The final price was the exact same as back in March 21 when original deal was done.No mention of any VRT rises.

I have been in contact with Bill from IMCC last week and awaiting the forms. Dont think he does pdf's so I'm playing the waiting game staring at the letterbox. First overseas trip will be to Scotland in March. The final price was the exact same as back in March 21 when original deal was done.No mention of any VRT rises.
I was able to download from the IMCC site, associate membership. Enjoy trips.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I have been in contact with Bill from IMCC last week and awaiting the forms. Dont think he does pdf's so I'm playing the waiting game staring at the letterbox. First overseas trip will be to Scotland in March. The final price was the exact same as back in March 21 when original deal was done.No mention of any VRT

I ended up going through Chill insurance and just getting normal 'car' insurance. - I talked with them and all the 'accessories' (ie the camping bit) is covered as they were all put in by the manufacturer. I needed it to cover me for my daily commute as it is my only vechicle and that was hard to get with camper insurance. It was €495.

Thats great to hear.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: AHJ
Hi all

Another Irish Cali owner hopefully joining owner ranks in May! We ordered a Coast in October and initially given dates of Aug 2022 but latest seems to be build week of CW15 with delivery hopefully a few weeks later.. but staying cautiously hopeful over keeping these timelines.

Great forum and have been reading the past few months before taking the plunge but finally registered after latest build week.

The waiting and accessory thoughts continue :)

Hi all

Another Irish Cali owner hopefully joining owner ranks in May! We ordered a Coast in October and initially given dates of Aug 2022 but latest seems to be build week of CW15 with delivery hopefully a few weeks later.. but staying cautiously hopeful over keeping these timelines.

Great forum and have been reading the past few months before taking the plunge but finally registered after latest build week.

The waiting and accessory thoughts continue :)
Welcome @GracieCali_IRE, hopefully you won't be waiting as long as the rest of us.

Just for general info on this mammoth thread - Finally got an update/confirmation from my dealer earlier this week (Eurovans) on my Cali Ocean order. I ordered in July 21 with a "March 22" delivery (knowing full well that was a outside chance in reality). Start Dec I had a mail update saying the build slot was pencilled as April, but not much else. Apparantly end Nov VW contacted all dealers with a full update on their order bank, especially because of the Jun price change.

What I was told this week was:
- April build is confirmed, but cannot give me a week number
- Expected to be with me "8 weeks" after build
- Should be here before June end but as soon as they get a VIN they will start registration to avoid the extra costs
- While VW did not guarantee that all vans in the order bank before the price increase would be delivered before June end, they did say they would "endeavour to ensure" that they were.
- He did say they had 13 Calis ready to go in their lot, so they are coming thick and fast

While it's not worth hassling your dealer weekly, until it's the build week that is, a friendly monthly reminder and ask is usually met with a response and will keep you top of mind.

Update on mine (2wd Dsg Ocean) - ordered April 21 and was due next month, dealer called today and said to expect another couple of months delay - so that’s Easter out, more than likely. It is what it is!

Just for general info on this mammoth thread - Finally got an update/confirmation from my dealer earlier this week (Eurovans) on my Cali Ocean order. I ordered in July 21 with a "March 22" delivery (knowing full well that was a outside chance in reality). Start Dec I had a mail update saying the build slot was pencilled as April, but not much else. Apparantly end Nov VW contacted all dealers with a full update on their order bank, especially because of the Jun price change.

- Should be here before June end but as soon as they get a VIN they will start registration to avoid the extra costs
- While VW did not guarantee that all vans in the order bank before the price increase would be delivered before June end, they did say they would "endeavour to ensure" that they were.
- He did say they had 13 Calis ready to go in their lot, so they are coming thick and fast

While it's not worth hassling your dealer weekly, until it's the build week that is, a friendly monthly reminder and ask is usually met with a response and will keep you top of mind.
I ordered early June. Thanks for your update.

I have the same dealer and had my order confirmed at the start of Aug 21. Did you chase them for an update or did they volunteer the info themselves? I have an unconfirmed build of week 14 (following my chase last week) but I'm still waiting for a confirmed slot. Always nice to hear stories of things progressing ;)

Last edited:
I have the same dealer and had my order confirmed at the start of Aug 21. Did you chase them for an update or did they volunteer the info themselves? I have an unconfirmed build of week 14 (following my chase last week) but I'm still waiting for a confirmed slot. Always nice to hear stories of things progressing ;)
I chased Nov and he replied that they just did not know till end Nov as the OEM was trying to sort it all out. Start Dec I got a mail saying "April build" and I chased by mail again last week - he followed that up with a call Monday saying "definitely April build". No issues really - if they answered every customer wanting daily updates not sure they would get much else done. Not really a standard situation for us and them at the mo. All I really care about if before end June for obvs reasons. No issues with how Eurovans have dealt with it all TBH.

I chased Nov and he replied that they just did not know till end Nov as the OEM was trying to sort it all out. Start Dec I got a mail saying "April build" and I chased by mail again last week - he followed that up with a call Monday saying "definitely April build". No issues really - if they answered every customer wanting daily updates not sure they would get much else done. Not really a standard situation for us and them at the mo. All I really care about if before end June for obvs reasons. No issues with how Eurovans have dealt with it all TBH.
Sounds good. I’ve only chased twice since ordering last July. Once in Nov and then last week and they have responded in super quick time. I’m going to leave them to it as they said as soon as the confirmed date is set they would let me know. Fingers crossed I’m not that far behind you.

Thanks for the update 'dspuk'. I daren't chase our 'Coast' order yet, I really daren't (I was sorely tempted during a recent 10 day isolation mind you !) and will stick to watching threads related to delivery times. We ordered on 8th November 21, so two days inside the price increase date but not expected until Sept - Nov 22, so well after the end of June.
It'll be interesting to see how the attempt to complete all pre 10th November orders before the end of June 2023.

Checked with SMG today, my 4 Motion Ocean is still status 10 estimated build week 10. Ordered late June 2021.

Thought I’d just fire off a quick email to my dealer (Ben at Crawley) today to see if any update on my October ‘21 order. I haven’t chased it at all since ordering. The (prompt) reply was as expected - “no update as yet”. Like I said, nice prompt response though and also the promise to let me know when there’s any news.

Checked with SMG today, my 4 Motion Ocean is still status 10 estimated build week 10. Ordered late June 2021.
I also ordered a 4Motion Ocean at the end of June '21 (from Liverpool). Very little feedback from them so far, other than build week 19 is currently showing in their system ! Which would mean it is getting dangerously close to the end of June deadline before the price increase.
So the fact that your similar vehicle is estimated at week 10 does now give me some faint hope for an earlier delivery

I also ordered a 4Motion Ocean at the end of June '21 (from Liverpool). Very little feedback from them so far, other than build week 19 is currently showing in their system ! Which would mean it is getting dangerously close to the end of June deadline before the price increase.
So the fact that your similar vehicle is estimated at week 10 does now give me some faint hope for an earlier delivery
Considering VW committed to delivering all orders that were on the system before November, June orders have a 5 month head start, I’m staying confident. It would be nice to start hearing a few more positive comments regarding orders coming forward etc

Back