Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

Another blanket delivery here, still awaiting news of when I can pick up our new Coast.

View attachment 92318
Got to admit, that’s a cool blanket, not quite as cool as getting your van though ! Could become a collectors piece - I can hear the Antiques Road Show presenter now: “This is from the days when you had to wait A YEAR OR MORE for a new California - hard to imagine”

This is encouraging whilst sitting and waiting for the new diesel van ...

I've just been told ours in going into build week 20 too, ordered end of September 2021
That sounds promising! Which dealer was that? I called about my start of Sept 2021 order last week and was told something like week 38! But they were hopeful that would be updated/improved…
Assuming that’s an Ocean?

That sounds promising! Which dealer was that? I called about my start of Sept 2021 order last week and was told something like week 38! But they were hopeful that would be updated/improved…
Assuming that’s an Ocean?

Apologies, edited my post.

We ordered 1st August 21, not end of September

Ordered my Ocean 150 DSG end of June 21 and spoke to VW Reading yesterday and I'm still at status 00 and had no comms from VW since placing the order. I did briefly have a May build date but that was reset a while back.

Last edited:
This is encouraging whilst sitting and waiting for the new diesel van ...
Can't understand why so many are still buying diesel cars in London, if there is a petrol or hybrid alternative.

Apologies, edited my post.

We ordered 1st August 21, not end of September
Thanks - Still good news. Hopefully mine is only 4 weeks behind yours!
We’re sort of in the middle of you both, as we ordered around the 20th August but realise it probably wasn’t processed immediately. Any improvement on the current week 35 build date will be very welcome (as will a blanket!)

We’re sort of in the middle of you both, as we ordered around the 20th August but realise it probably wasn’t processed immediately. Any improvement on the current week 35 build date will be very welcome (as will a blanket!)
And the £500 credit they handed out last year! :cool:

Can’t comment for Islington but I lived in neighbouring Haringey for years and owning any type of vehicle was pretty pointless.

Maybe most of those 70 odd diesels registered there last year were campers ;)

Oh I didn’t know they’d done that before.

If you’re reading this VW Commercial, we’d like a van, a blanket AND a £500 credit please :cheers
Don’t hold your breath. 11 months wait as opposed to 5 months promised. No £500 accessory discount, and no blanket. But, we did manage to get rubber internal mats, a rear bumper protector and seat covers courtesy of the dealer.

Don’t hold your breath. 11 months wait as opposed to 5 months promised. No £500 accessory discount, and no blanket. But, we did manage to get rubber internal mats, a rear bumper protector and seat covers courtesy of the dealer.
nothing here either, funny how the good will only extended to a few dealers!
I don’t mind the wait, given everything that’s gone on in the last 12 months, but not even a letter from VW….

I chased up my June ‘21 4M Ocean order on Monday - it originally had a provisional build week 10 which was cancelled some months ago. I was told the delay is probably down to the Lane Keep Assist + Side Assist option I had chosen and that removing it would probably get the vehicle built a lot quicker.

I chased up my June ‘21 4M Ocean order on Monday - it originally had a provisional build week 10 which was cancelled some months ago. I was told the delay is probably down to the Lane Keep Assist + Side Assist option I had chosen and that removing it would probably get the vehicle built a lot quicker.
Thats interesting as I had also specified the Driver Assistance Plus pack with my June 21 order and have no build date anymore. I don't want to remove that option really though. I assume they gave no indication of when your build might be?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Thats interesting as I had also specified the Driver Assistance Plus pack with my June 21 order and have no build date anymore. I don't want to remove that option really though. I assume they gave no indication of when your build might be?

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Agree, I’m the same I won’t remove this option, no update for me either…

Same here....waited this long....good thing is I will have bought most of the bits I wanted / needed - (there is a difference apparently according to the wife) by the time it arrives. No blanket, voucher at my end either.

Agree, I’m the same I won’t remove this option, no update for me either…
This option makes long journeys a breeze - you’re right to hold out for it. I’m a Luddite and haven’t owned a car since 2004, or bothered to work out how to use electronic systems on hire cars except basic cruise control.
- 3 times in 6 months the side assist has kicked in and applied the brakes hard to prevent reversing and in one case an HGV cutting in without looking on the motorway.
- it’s always reassuring to know what the speed limit is, and I’ve found it to be accurate usually. In town the switch from 20 to 30 isn’t always obvious.
- The active lane assist sits quietly in the background and nudges you back in lane if you drift - works very well
- High beam assist is brilliant, flawless function (and the LEDs are fantastic). I had a fault on this shortly after delivery (‘headlight range control’) which meant the lights didn’t lower as you accelerate- bit of a faff with 2 trips to the garage - seemingly quite a new/advanced gimbal but working a treat now…
Don’t miss this option for the sake of a slightly quicker delivery is my advice

Back