Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

If it's helpful to anyone, my order date, configuration and build date:

01 August 2021 - Order date

Spec:

150 DSG
Metallic Paint

AHV:1D7 - Towbar Preparation
EBS:II6 - Cupboard In Graphite Grey Wt Outdr Cnctn (Shower)
GPR:3U1 - Bed Extension+Comfort Sleeping Mat
KRS:0F5 - Fuel Tank 80 Ltr
SZF:6N2 - Mudflaps Front And Rear

Confirmed build week: 19
Finally the build date for my July 30 2021 order has dropped in the system: 49 !!
Still a long wait!
Breeze is saying that these might change and will probably come forward, but I'm not confident we'll have the van for the summer.
On order: Ocean 150 with sports pack
Dear VW,

Make it make sense!

:headbang:headbang:headbang

Ordered our Coast on the 30th November last year, just been informed it’s built and on its way to the port!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AutoeBid have just emailed to say our Coast ordered a day later (1st October) is also built and in transit. Perhaps they will be travelling together……

Finally the build date for my July 30 2021 order has dropped in the system: 49 !!
Still a long wait!
Breeze is saying that these might change and will probably come forward, but I'm not confident we'll have the van for the summer.
On order: Ocean 150 with sports pack
That’s crazy!! I ordered at the start of September 2021 and my build week is 27

Lots of good news on here ! Things seem to be moving again :bananadance2 . Mines been at the dealers over a week while it waits transport inspection and PDI . So close …. And so frustrating !! :rolleyes:

Received great news from our Irish sales rep today. Our ocean ordered June 2021 has left the factory today. If it makes the ship on the 3rd may we will have 6 days from the if not it will leave on the 11th May.
Can't wait now to start the Summer exploring.
:upsidedown:cool::thumb That’s amazing! I hope it means my Irish Ocean from April 2021 that’s been “in production” for a month is also not far from shipping.

Ordered our Coast on the 30th November last year, just been informed it’s built and on its way to the port!

Wow, sounds great. I ordered mine on 29th Oct and have no news or update. All I’ve been told by the dealer is it’s in the que.

Latest update on this from my dealer: no updates since my Ocean was marked as having gone into production on the 31 March. Looks like it’s stuck in some sort of limbo. It’s “in production” but body build hasn’t started.
Latest update from dealer today: body is built and the van is in the paint shop. It’s moving!

CC8C96DD-6AC1-43D8-97E7-71BB379A6308.png

My Ocean arrived on 16th March, got a surprise package yesterday. Blue/Black VW Blanket160cm x 200cm. Going to put some eyelets in the corners, so that I can peg it out on the ground. I also got the 4 years free service and breakdown, and 1yr Caravan Club membership. It was worth the wait at 11 months.

David.

Blanket.jpg

Package.jpg

Just reviving the Picnic Blanket thread. Received the aforementioned picnic blanket today and a letter of apology and thanks for my patience. Ironically, I collected my van in March after an 8 month wait which, in my mind, wasn't actually that bad!?!?

View attachment 92487
3 Trains, no planes but one shiny new automobile. Coast collected yesterday from Droitwich and home today after a long trek north. Surprised the kids with it and everyone loves it.

View attachment 92488
Congratulations ! It’s looks great enjoy . Didn’t happen to see a copper bronze and candy white one while you were there ?! Still waiting for delivery from them ;)

Congratulations ! It’s looks great enjoy . Didn’t happen to see a copper bronze and candy white one while you were there ?! Still waiting for delivery from them ;)
No, sorry. I think only one other Cali was ready for collection this weekend but didn’t see it. There’s a red ocean in the showroom too.

Lots of good news on here ! Things seem to be moving again :bananadance2 . Mines been at the dealers over a week while it waits transport inspection and PDI . So close …. And so frustrating !! :rolleyes:
I had a very similar experience with Listers last year with my previous Ocean order. Arrived at dealership according to VW Chat at the end of April 21. I left it a week and rang them. Was told yes it’s arrived but needs to have it’s PDI inspection at Stratford. 2 weeks had passed before that happened. Really frustrating. My Beach order arrived at Eurovans Crawley on a Monday pm. Picked up Thursday!!!!!?

I had a very similar experience with Listers last year with my previous Ocean order. Arrived at dealership according to VW Chat at the end of April 21. I left it a week and rang them. Was told yes it’s arrived but needs to have it’s PDI inspection at Stratford. 2 weeks had passed before that happened. Really frustrating. My Beach order arrived at Eurovans Crawley on a Monday pm. Picked up Thursday!!!!!?
Interesting to hear that and thanks for sharing. I will just keep asking for updates! Poor customer experience given the value of the product .

New delays for some builds related to side assist, dealers are waiting for a list. Impacted buyers may have the option to remove... The delay is 12 weeks potentially, but no everyone affected. I've done a video on it

New delays for some builds related to side assist, dealers are waiting for a list. Impacted buyers may have the option to remove... The delay is 12 weeks potentially, but no everyone affected. I've done a video on it
Yes I was told the same. Just hoping mines not affected!

I ordered mine at the start of Sep 2021 and been told mine is currently showing week 27. Do you know if they’ve reducing the cost if we did choose to remove this side assist ?

Annoying how we get some good news followed by bad news

Last edited:
Back