Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New T6.1 order delays

I only ordered in June with Ben and not heard anything yet. Would be nice to maybe get a little communication every 3 months or so? Even if they have nothing to update with, would be nice just to know.

I only ordered in June with Ben and not heard anything yet. Would be nice to maybe get a little communication every 3 months or so? Even if they have nothing to update with, would be nice just to know.
Ring and ask Ben for a build week.
I rang Mike today and asked, he said mine started last Monday Build week 37.
He said it will be 6 to 8 weeks until it’s ready to be picked up. Parts are flowing nicely now.
Fingers crossed there are no hold ups.

Well, finally, after a change of heart on our September 2020 order and then re-ordering in October 2021, today I got a reply off Ben at Eurovans saying our van is in build and will be with them in 6 weeks :bananadance2
Are you catching the train down to Crawley? Would be a laugh if ours come at the same time! I'll bring a few Duval 666 & Chouffe in a cold bag for the journey ;)

Assuming that is not intentional, there must be a story here?
Indeed it wasn't our intention to purchase a Multivan Hybrid - very nice though, seats are ace and the space is amazing.

After a few hours doing the handover of our Cali, it turns out there was an issue with a rear parking sensor. After some investigation they wanted to keep it to spend more diagnosing the issue - hence they gave us the Multivan.

Good news is they called today to say its fixed so hopefully will be collecting on Friday....fingers crossed.

Indeed it wasn't our intention to purchase a Multivan Hybrid - very nice though, seats are ace and the space is amazing.

After a few hours doing the handover of our Cali, it turns out there was an issue with a rear parking sensor. After some investigation they wanted to keep it to spend more diagnosing the issue - hence they gave us the Multivan.

Good news is they called today to say its fixed so hopefully will be collecting on Friday....fingers crossed.
Ah, phew. Feared it might have been one of those 'fell off the lift guv" stories.
Decent service then, finding an issue at handover, getting it sorted and a loan van meantime.
Hope Friday goes well for you.

Ah, phew. Feared it might have been one of those 'fell off the lift guv" stories.
Decent service then, finding an issue at handover, getting it sorted and a loan van meantime.
Hope Friday goes well for you.
Great service, it was just one of those things. They immediately offered us the Multivan and got to work on the Cali despite having a full workshop catching up with work from the Queens bank holiday Monday.

Though in fairness that will be on a vw pre polished van, so he didn't need to do the prep i assume.
I’m no expert but I’m sure any decent detailer would want to make sure the paint was prepared correctly before adding a ceramic coating. It has to be pretty near perfect otherwise you are coating over imperfections. Not sure I’d trust vw to “polish” it :confused:

I’ve finally received the call. I collect next Thursday 29th Sept. And at the price we fixed in June21. I’ll be at Eurovans Crawley around 1.30 if anyone else is collecting, would be nice to say hi.
Great stuff, exciting times! Let us know how you get on at EV and don’t forget the photos!

Well, finally, after a change of heart on our September 2020 order and then re-ordering in October 2021, today I got a reply off Ben at Eurovans saying our van is in build and will be with them in 6 weeks :bananadance2
Hi, could I ask if there was any mention of a price increase as it will be delivered after the end of September? Thanks

I had communication from my VW Commercial dealer last week, my Ocean is due to be delivered late Sept, or more likely mid Oct.

Price is exact same as it was when I ordered in Oct 21

Hi, could I ask if there was any mention of a price increase as it will be delivered after the end of September? Thanks
Never been mentioned. I wouldn’t be very impressed if it was!

I’m no expert but I’m sure any decent detailer would want to make sure the paint was prepared correctly before adding a ceramic coating. It has to be pretty near perfect otherwise you are coating over imperfections. Not sure I’d trust vw to “polish” it :confused:
You could well be right, I am just guessing the process.. I trust fox to do it the right way, they have a very good reputation and Lee fixes a lot of finish problems for vw.. They know him well.

We ordered ours on 20th March 2022 and its been confirmed a build slot week 40 which equates to 3rd October and with the dealer 6-8 weeks after the build.
light at the end of the tunnel, fingers crossed.

View attachment 99722The Cali finally arrived. Lovely drive home and it was christened with its first poo by our granddaughter…;-)
So, the fault with the parking sensor that delayed our collection has reappeared…;-(

I’ll try and see if I can swap the sensor with another to see if the fault moves. I don’t fancy another trip back to the dealer if I can help it, without understanding what the issue is.

In other news, we spent today installing the kitchen drawers and rear tray along with sorting the storage of pots, cups, plates, etc. trying to be super organised and maximise the storage space available.

I was also happy to find that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay both worked wirelessly. I’d expected to need a wired connection.

I agree I have asked the dealer not to clean it as it’s getting ceramic coated straight after pick up.

I agree I have asked the dealer not to clean it as it’s getting ceramic coated straight after pick up
Good idea. We did that with the last new car we bought. The dealer wasn’t very happy not being able to hand it over without cleaning it, but I’ve had issues in the past where someone has “cleaned” the brand new car with what must have been similar to a Brillo pad :oops:

Back