Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New t6 150 auto

D

davefaedeen

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Evening all we have just put a deposit down on a new pre reg t6 150 dsg, but am having second thoughts....

Deal as follows let me know what you think

48k 14.5k deposit £290 pm for 4 years ballon 27k

should I wait for the t6.1?... the deal in my eyes seems to good to be true..... am I missing something?

any help greatly appreciated

It’s an ocean missed this from original post.

Depending on extras the final price can vary a lot so it’s difficult to comment on how great a deal it is BUT there are some great deals on Pre Reg T6 models because they want rid, purely because it’s now the “old model”
But it’s a great model and I believe the 6.1 is not drastically different.
at 48k my guess is you have a great deal

Looks a good deal (well the 48k bit) but hard to tell without knowing spec and colour, but under 50k for a 'new' Ocean with a DSG box looks very competitive vs prices 6 months ago and many of the used offers.

I noticed earlier loads of 6 month old 6k miles Beaches with 150 DSGs have landed on autotrader at £37k, which is good too.

When I look at the price of a new vehicle I work out the true cost over the period. ie deposit + monthly payment +(in your case the balloon)

The 48k is a decent price. But you are paying more because of the PCP. If you are intending to keep the vehicle and pay the balloon, I would look at other ways of financing it if possible.

Afternoon all the spec of the bus is as follows:

I have asked if it has cruise control as standard, just waiting to hear back, if its not can it be retro fitted?

View Vehicle Specification

Colours
05. Interior trim colours
-[HU] Moon Rock/Titanium Black-Moon Rock Gray/Moon Rock

02. Metallic paint
-[1B1B] Mojave Beige Metallic
Product Options
13. Audio and communications
-[9WT] App Connect

[ZI6] Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
-[8RM] 8 speakers

-[UI4] USB interface (for iPod/Iphone) and AUX-IN jack

-[7Q0] Without navigation system

-[EL0] Without online service

-[I7A] Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touchscreen

33. Windows
-[QL0] Green heat insulating glass in cab with double glazed green privacy glass in thepassenger compartment

15. Driver assistance
-[8T2] Cruise Control

-[7X8] Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera

-[UI2] 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone),and AUX-IN jack

17. Body and chassis
-[NF1] Awning rail and housing in black

As for the PCP deal, Ideally we would be looking to keep the car for 3years or so then sell it to get back our original investment.

Afternoon all the spec of the bus is as follows:

I have asked if it has cruise control as standard, just waiting to hear back, if its not can it be retro fitted?

View Vehicle Specification

Colours
05. Interior trim colours
-[HU] Moon Rock/Titanium Black-Moon Rock Gray/Moon Rock

02. Metallic paint
-[1B1B] Mojave Beige Metallic
Product Options
-[9WT] App Connect

[ZI6] Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
-[8RM] 8 speakers

-[UI4] USB interface (for iPod/Iphone) and AUX-IN jack

-[7Q0] Without navigation system

-[EL0] Without online service

-[I7A] Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touchscreen

33. Windows
-[QL0] Green heat insulating glass in cab with double glazed green privacy glass in thepassenger compartment

15. Driver assistance
-[8T2] Cruise Control

-[7X8] Front and rear parking sensors with rear-view camera

-[UI2] 2 USB interfaces (also for iPod/iPhone),and AUX-IN jack

17. Body and chassis
-[NF1] Awning rail and housing in black

That's a sensible spec if you are watching the pennies...which I'd certainly advise. Sensible metallic colour, DSG, App Connect on the larger stereo (no need for sat nav), privacy glass, parking sensors and camera, black awning. Those are all good choices. I think you've done well. I just hope the member who just bought an ex rental from CamperV...youknowwho... got his deal in line with the excellent value out there at the minute.

Paid and paying that for an MY18 Beach bought in April last year, so I would say that a good deal.

290x48=13,920
Deposit= 14,500
Balloon= 27,000

Total = £55420
7k of interest...?
Not sure it’s a great deal.

I’ve grown to despise these PCP deals...
Its unfair.

I’ve grown to despise these PCP deals...
Its unfair.
PCP is starting to get a rough time in the media and I believe the FCA/PRA are looking at it more closely now. If the affordability assessments become stricter it may be a financial product only available to a select few. Probably the people who need it the least.

Those "dealer contributions" have to come from somewhere. They'll be getting a kick back from the finance company as a commission to cover it.

At the end of the day it's a financial product designed to help people "afford" a vehicle they do not have the cash to buy outright. For a lot of people this is a price worth paying to keep up with the Jones'. Only they can decide whether it's worth it or not.

Personally, I took the finance offer and settled it immediately. It was a bit more discount off an already inflated price.

If PCP wasn't available, my van would have cost me £1000 more than it did.

For some people, PCP is the only way to have a California in their lives.

For the guys that go down the PCP route, a little more interest is probably a price worth paying for a lifetime of memories. I'm sure we'll all agree that there is more to life than money.

As for the PCP deal, Ideally we would be looking to keep the car for 3years or so then sell it to get back our original investment.
Looks great davefaedeen.

I can't see you'll ever look back thinking it was a poor decision. Enjoy it.

Hi
your spec looks really similar to the T6 we had on order in Sept (tho was grey) think it was coming in at 56k after all considered. (the dealer contribution for finance was very similar to that for cash at that time). so this looks very good deal even if you include the interest as mentioned above. Best if you can settle finance asap always and retain the benefits that come with it.

Of those 48 monthly payments of £290 only £135 goes towards repayments - the rest, £155, is interest.

I think it's about 6.25% APR

If the list price goes up by more than 6.25% in a year, its better to buy today on a PCP today than save up & buy later.

Even with the interest added, after 5 years paying off the HP, the total purchase cost for our van is less than you could buy a similar spec new for today. So using a bit of man maths Ive saved money by buying on HP!

thanks for all the comments guys, its taken a while to save up the deposit and if I could I would take it on HP, but the payments would be a lot higher with similar interest levels leaving less disposable income, I understand that if I keep it for the full term its going to cost a lot but not sure we will. I am only 37 with a young family, and want to get out there and enjoy it,

Could you do HP over a longer term? If you do say a 4 year PCP you’ve still got to presumably refinance the van to pay off the balance.
If the loan market or your circumstances change you may struggle to get that finance.
If you did say a 8 year HP instead of a pcp after 4 years you would owe the same but already have finance in place.

thanks for all the comments guys, its taken a while to save up the deposit and if I could I would take it on HP, but the payments would be a lot higher with similar interest levels leaving less disposable income, I understand that if I keep it for the full term its going to cost a lot but not sure we will. I am only 37 with a young family, and want to get out there and enjoy it,
Good luck to you fella and in a way carpe diem BUT tbh if it is a PCP then it usually means you can't afford it... you are renting the vehicle with interest and then have to hand back or shell out come end of the deal. It is only my humble opinion but all PCP deals have done is give people access to things they can't otherwise afford. Personally a vehicle such as this which is basically a luxury tent is something to BUY when you can afford to otherwise stick to a tent and a car you can afford. Ready to be flamed now...

PCP can be a trap as in most instances there is a residual sum to pay to own the vehicle or hand it back and walk away with nothing.
Look carefully at what is required at the end of the term to get another vehicle, remember you never own the vehicle.
Dealers overestimated the residual values on the first PCP's and that is why they are much more expensive or nearer the true cost.

Good luck to you fella and in a way carpe diem BUT tbh if it is a PCP then it usually means you can't afford it... you are renting the vehicle with interest and then have to hand back or shell out come end of the deal. It is only my humble opinion but all PCP deals have done is give people access to things they can't otherwise afford. Personally a vehicle such as this which is basically a luxury tent is something to BUY when you can afford to otherwise stick to a tent and a car you can afford. Ready to be flamed now...

think you may be missing the point....but yes in all honestly I don't have 50K in my back account to shell out on a van, not many people do......probably the reason you bought a beach rather than an ocean. Even if I did, I wouldn't tie it all up in a van, I would rather invest it in other places (hence why I own 6 properties)…. looking forward to getting out in it to enjoy time with the family bring it on.

PCP can be a trap as in most instances there is a residual sum to pay to own the vehicle or hand it back and walk away with nothing.
Look carefully at what is required at the end of the term to get another vehicle, remember you never own the vehicle.
Dealers overestimated the residual values on the first PCP's and that is why they are much more expensive or nearer the true cost.

thanks for the warning BJG I have owned over 36 cars now and am very familiar with how PCP works, just never bought a camper van before so was unsure if the deal on offer was good for the van, I managed to get the deal down to 205pcm with a 30% deposit which I am happy with. yes if I were to keep the van over the full 4 year term it would cost me more but I intend to sell it mid year 2/ start of year three where I will theoretically (based on historic prices) get most of my residual deposit back. and the van will have cost £2500per year to own which I think is pretty good considering it costs £375 per weekend to hire....

If you jump out of the deal as you anticipate, can you sell the van yourself where you get the best price, or are you reliant on a 'fair' offer from the dealer? (who always offer rubbish prices).

If you jump out of the deal as you anticipate, can you sell the van yourself where you get the best price, or are you reliant on a 'fair' offer from the dealer? (who always offer rubbish prices).
More than happy to sell it privately I have had great success in this arena, but who knows what the future holds life is here and now!! What will be will be.

think you may be missing the point....but yes in all honestly I don't have 50K in my back account to shell out on a van, not many people do......probably the reason you bought a beach rather than an ocean. Even if I did, I wouldn't tie it all up in a van, I would rather invest it in other places (hence why I own 6 properties)…. looking forward to getting out in it to enjoy time with the family bring it on.
Don't want this to become a slanging match. It was my view. I think you are missing the point. I like many bought a beach as it more readily meets my needs not down to money. Many on here have done the same. Buying a beach is not for the majority a case of buying it because it is cheaper but because it better suits their needs be it space, layout or the reality that trying to cook in something this size and having a tiny sink with only cold water is a waste of money and space. Enjoy.