Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

New VW California World to launch 30th August.

Judging by comments on the Forum in general many don’t cook in the van because of smell, many never use the sink and many carry around large barbecues to cook outside. So for a large number of people this is Non - Comment of no relevance.
Just as the downstairs bed size, if you only sleep upstairs it has no relevance.
The population is growing older, family size is decreasing, camping is no longer cheap and cheerful and the demographic they are targeting want to travel in a minimalist fashion but comfortably. If they want all the creature comforts they get a Motorhome or sleep a few nights on their way to a hotel or Air B&B with their own transport.
If people want a commercial based vehicle that they can load up with a 100sq ft drive away awning, 4 bikes, 2 paddle boards and industrial sized Barbacue then it will be based on the Ford/VW collaboration van and made by a 3rd party with chipboard furniture a fibreglass roof and multiple warranty certificates.
For those who sleep upstairs that bed is narrower too and you need to be able to climb up there, which if the population is getting older could become more of an issue. I’m sure the Sharavan will suit some people perfectly. It’s just a shame it won’t work so well for families anymore. A nice T7 California could be great though!

I'll be really interested to hear what the new to this forum T7 owners say about their new van. I suppose it's only then we'll get a true view of what it's like to live with and what they like and dislike about their van. And perhaps even what motivated them to buy it particularly if they've never own another Cali beforehand.

There may well be some fireworks on the forum when these new members see what others make of their new pride and joy :D :D :D

I guess the idea is that you've trudged outside to retrieve the table from the boot and then set that up inside for prep work, eating etc. Hardly the last word in convenience. The sliding table in the T6 was such an innovative solution and works so well. And 2 tables is better than 1.
A Glampervan experience is the essence of this new Cali concept.
So it’s a SharaGlampaVan now?

Sounds all hunky dory until the bellows start to leak forcing you to sleep downstairs.
They have to solve it soon surely - soon the bellow versions will be into double digits! :D

Before this fiacso it was 02S if i recall - and now they're on 05S which still leak :D

Famous last words.
fine-this-is-fine.gif

They have to solve it soon surely - soon the bellow versions will be into double digits! :D

Before this fiacso it was 02S if i recall - and now they're on 05S which still leak :D
Yes it's had more sequels than Rocky!!!!

VW will start to get nervous when they hit the high 90's.

Interesting video (ignore it’s in German) you get to see people using the new California and it shows a different colour to the white I keep seeing for the kitchen units etc..

The video is from 2 days ago

Hahaha… it’s rubbish :D
Long live the 6.1

Far more watchable. Fell foul of some obvious misinformation but overall a fair and honest assessment. I wonder who has been putting water in the diesel? Probably renters. I can understand the reverse or possibly putting water in the Adblue (with its blue cap).
We need a review from the perspective of a couple or small family.
My POV is the reason to move to the back is a cost saving, you can just pour water straight into the tank without the need for a tube and external cap etc. I can't imagine enough people put fuel in it to afford a design change that big.

As for VW inventing an "outside zone" that is faintly hilarious.

My POV is the reason to move to the back is a cost saving, you can just pour water straight into the tank without the need for a tube and external cap etc. I can't imagine enough people put fuel in it to afford a design change that big.

As for VW inventing an "outside zone" that is faintly hilarious.
I really cant understand the interior fillup point. Ive yet to manage a fillup on our Ocean or Grand Cali without water spilling out.

I'll be really interested to hear what the new to this forum T7 owners say about their new van. I suppose it's only then we'll get a true view of what it's like to live with and what they like and dislike about their van. And perhaps even what motivated them to buy it particularly if they've never own another Cali beforehand.

There may well be some fireworks on the forum when these new members see what others make of their new pride and joy :D :D :D
I doubt it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion so if they love their van then that’s great. Loads of people think our T6.1 is a step down from a T6 but we don’t see it that way, and it’s likely Sharavan owners won’t either (unless they have particularly thin skin).

I love california. I don't want this. End of an era

just like the marvel universe, once you reach your twenties 90% grow out of it!

Hey FB. Get with the program. This is the new Cali Universe.
It looks nice. Smaller water tank. Filled from inside. That's a bad idea. Seats are a massive faff now compared to the way the double seat collapses on a t6. The beach seats are ere even worse leaving no standing room at the end of the bed. 1 hob. No good as I actually cook in mine. Those touchscreen s everywhere and connecting to phones. Why does everything have to connect to your phone these days. Recipe for failure right there and the screens will probably go obsolete in a few years time. That fridge is losing all its cold air everytime you open it too. Some bad design ideas all round. To summarise I think it's a bit like women's football, the guardian loves it,but in reality,it's sh1t.

It looks nice. Smaller water tank. Filled from inside. That's a bad idea. Seats are a massive faff now compared to the way the double seat collapses on a t6. The beach seats are ere even worse leaving no standing room at the end of the bed. 1 hob. No good as I actually cook in mine. Those touchscreen s everywhere and connecting to phones. Why does everything have to connect to your phone these days. Recipe for failure right there and the screens will probably go obsolete in a few years time. That fridge is losing all its cold air everytime you open it too. Some bad design ideas all round. To summarise I think it's a bit like women's football, the guardian loves it,but in reality,it's sh1t.
WG's a believer.

True. It will suit us perfectly well.
In a few years time we'll be driving a California and you'll all be driving Fords. What's not to like.
I drive a fiat and a mercedes and a smart.....no ford in the mix at all....no wet cam belts, just two timing chains and a 100,000 mile iveco cambelt!

So why comment on the New California?
Because it is a free country...and a free forum..... and the new T7 multivan california thing IS the reason I now have a Fiat/Iveco!

Because it is a free country...and a free forum..... and the new T7 multivan california thing IS the reason I now have a Fiat/Iveco!
Well seeing as you will never have one your comments are irrelevant and based on other 3rd party comments and no real world experience of the vehicle.

Back