Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie Questions

RosscoPCole74

RosscoPCole74

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
We collected our T6.1Cali Ocean yesterday and can't believe the refinement compared to our T5.1 Camper. A couple of newbie questions. Is there a jack to change the wheel? Also the thin mattress part on the bed extension slips everywhere. Do you velcro it on? Or is there another solution? Thanks for being patient.

Jack would be located in the tool kit on the back of the bench seat. I believe some wheel options delete the jack and spare wheel, so you might not have one!!

Never had any issue with the extension mattress to be honest!

We collected our T6.1Cali Ocean yesterday and can't believe the refinement compared to our T5.1 Camper. A couple of newbie questions. Is there a jack to change the wheel? Also the thin mattress part on the bed extension slips everywhere. Do you velcro it on? Or is there another solution? Thanks for being patient.
My jack was missing, even though my 17" wheels meant I should have had it: dealer found one. Also several other sundries were missing. There are good checklists for VIP members on the forum also the search facility which is great for answering new vehicle owner's queries.

Thank you. Found the toolkit. It's well hidden if you didn't know where to look.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
Jack would be located in the tool kit on the back of the bench seat. I believe some wheel options delete the jack and spare wheel, so you might not have one!!

Never had any issue with the extension mattress to be honest!
Not sure they remove the jack?

I've got 18" wheels, no spare but there is a jack in the tool kit. Instead of a spare, there's a can of tyre repair gunk and a 12v powered air compressor / pump thing but they were in a separate molded tray fastened to the side of the bench in the gap where the 2nd drawer option would go.

Not sure they remove the jack?

I've got 18" wheels, no spare but there is a jack in the tool kit. Instead of a spare, there's a can of tyre repair gunk and a 12v powered air compressor / pump thing but they were in a separate molded tray fastened to the side of the bench in the gap where the 2nd drawer option would go.
Same. No spare but we still have a jack in the rear. Never had a mattress issue but then we have the uncomfort mattress and a duvalay over it.

Last edited:
Back