Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie with dog wanting tips before buying

Hello, for the awning if there is any risk of wind then you can use a tie down kit which is basically two attachments to the awning, long adjustable straps and tent pegs - not expensive and definitely worth using

I think that is being a little over-cautious/ Properly pegged out, tensioned and angled they can withstand a lot more than you might think. I cannot see those who have awning room sides taking everything down every time they go out or every night, but I have seen a lot of awnings on any vehicle just rolled out and that is a definite No No.

I agree with WG on all that, and I'd underline that whatever tie-down system you use, it needs to be employed with a dash of common sense. Don't just push in a couple of lightweight 'skewer' type pegs and expect that to be good enough - as WG says, the pegs (decent quality, medium sized ones) need to be angled properly not just shoved in the ground straight. If you can get them into the ground without using a hammer, they probably aren't going to do the job if the wind gets up a bit.

Back