Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No California Ocean on the configurator???

The configurator looks like it’s back up but no T6.1 Californias.
Yes this is exactly what it was like yesterday evening for me. You could configure any van except a California.

Beach still appears to be there.

Also, I understand that the new canvas has now been upgraded again and existing “new canvas” vans recalled.
They haven’t even fully accepted there’s a fault, let alone committed to a recall (which would be highly unlikely anyway on a non-safety issue). Was that on CaliChris’s video as well or another source?

If Volkswagen offered a further incentive, I would be half tempted…

I think the point was to show the comment Chris made about orders? The video as posted per sey has nothing to do with the thread. And no. It’s been a while since he made a decent video with his update ones been worse informed than we are.
You were right, back on the configurator...same options/prices.

I was touch and go on whether to press the button!

I was very close to ordering a lightly specced Surf. With the zero percentage offers and servicing it was really tempting.
I reckon I could run one for 4 years and have a healthy return back and the use of a van…

I was touch and go on whether to press the button!
Me too, shame the bellows issue has been the main talking point recently. It must have had a detrimental effect on the October Happy Camper promotion. On here at least.

Me too, shame the bellows issue has been the main talking point recently. It must have had a detrimental effect on the October Happy Camper promotion. On here at least.
Who knows, that whole marketing campaign might have been conjured to entice potential buyers who were holding back from signing because of Bellowsgate. Some people would see the financial benefits quite enticing despite the bellows fiasco, which we know VW would eventually address.

Dtd £68k for a well specced Surf.
Still showing the 5+ promise and 0%.
So £34k down and I would stick the 0% on 60 months covering the 5 years warranty and servicing package.

Value at 5 years old...?
£52000ish...???
Cheap vehicle to own in this day and age.

On another note, @Corradobrit my lad just sat down and said, look Dad the Ice age squirrel with a Porsche badge...:cool:

I know. I used to be in charge of back end configuration updates to a car builder in Nissan.
I did suspect it was just a technical behind the scenes thing going on...but thought it may be a fun post :) California Chris spoke with such authority on the matter...

I did suspect it was just a technical behind the scenes thing going on...but thought it may be a fun post :) California Chris spoke with such authority on the matter...
Dealers are rarely one page ahead in the book than we are and spend their lives guessing what HQ is doing because of p!ss poor comms and speaking to us as if they are an authority.

Dealers are rarely one page ahead in the book than we are and spend their lives guessing what HQ is doing because of p!ss poor comms and speaking to us as if they are an authority.
Knowledge is power :)

Dtd £68k for a well specced Surf.
Still showing the 5+ promise and 0%.
So £34k down and I would stick the 0% on 60 months covering the 5 years warranty and servicing package.

Value at 5 years old...?
£52000ish...???
Cheap vehicle to own in this day and age.
Just checked DTD and last months quote has gone up by about 2 grand.
£1500 free options has now gone.

Damn.
Should’ve pulled the trigger last month.
I’m tempted by another Cali, but the wife is adamant she doesn’t want to go back.
Still the pricing works in the Californias favour. All the big vans we’re interested in are £110k+ minimum. It’s something I’m struggling with…

Back