Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No California Ocean on the configurator???

Damn.
Should’ve pulled the trigger last month.
I’m tempted by another Cali, but the wife is adamant she doesn’t want to go back.
Still the pricing works in the Californias favour. All the big vans we’re interested in are £110k+ minimum. It’s something I’m struggling with…
VW fixed the bellows so no need for any more financial inducements.

Just checked DTD and last months quote has gone up by about 2 grand.
£1500 free options has now gone.

Yeah, the DTD figures were a bit of smoke and mirrors as they included the £1500 of factory extras and £1000 finance deposit contribution in their headline price.

We went to the NEC, saw lots of very expensive vans, then ordered a new Ocean from Tom. Will be our 4th Cali. Despite the compromises and going around the houses with larger vans, we always come back to the same answer! The 555 and free factory extras made a very compelling proposition.

Yeah, the DTD figures were a bit of smoke and mirrors as they included the £1500 of factory extras and £1000 finance deposit contribution in their headline price.

We went to the NEC, saw lots of very expensive vans, then ordered a new Ocean from Tom. Will be our 4th Cali. Despite the compromises and going around the houses with larger vans, we always come back to the same answer! The 555 and free factory extras made a very compelling proposition.

I’m coming back round to ordering another Cali. The deal is a good one.
I’m just trying to convince the other half. I keep pitching the financial advantage. I think she’s coming round, especially after viewing this today. What an absolute mess this is in the flesh. Lots of parts broken, rusty fridge racking and mould around parts of the van.
Unbelievable, a dealer had it that way, within the showroom…

I’m coming back round to ordering another Cali. The deal is a good one.
I’m just trying to convince the other half. I keep pitching the financial advantage. I think she’s coming round, especially after viewing this today. What an absolute mess this is in the flesh. Lots of parts broken, rusty fridge racking and mould around parts of the van.
Unbelievable, a dealer had it that way, within the showroom…

We like the Hymers, but just too big day to day really. My better half said she wasn’t going to have another Cali (no loo, shower…), now she’s really looking forward to the new one! Nice to be able to get the exact spec you want. It’s the best overall package for most of the time. A couple of other Cali owning friends also reached the same conclusion and ordered too.

We like the Hymers, but just too big day to day really. My better half said she wasn’t going to have another Cali (no loo, shower…), now she’s really looking forward to the new one! Nice to be able to get the exact spec you want. It’s the best overall package for most of the time. A couple of other Cali owning friends also reached the same conclusion and ordered too.

I do agree.
My wife loves the fixed bed, standing room and toilet in the Hymers
However , it’s a lot of stuff to lug around all the time in a massive package.

I have said we can break up the longer trips with more hotel stays between camps. 3 days in the Cali, mixed with a couple in a nice hotel or rental property. Just balance out what we’re doing to keep everyone happy.

I do agree.
My wife loves the fixed bed, standing room and toilet in the Hymers
However , it’s a lot of stuff to lug around all the time in a massive package.

I have said we can break up the longer trips with more hotel stays between camps. 3 days in the Cali, mixed with a couple in a nice hotel or rental property. Just balance out what we’re doing to keep everyone happy.
Started mixing it up a bit on our late summer trip - 3 nights in a 2 bedroom mobile home on the south coast France near St. Raphael €123 (friends joined us) - €60+ per couple for 3 nights. Bliss!

Still no 4Motion on the configurator.
Looks like I had the very last 6.1 4Motion of December 2022.
And I :kiss it

Autotrader have 6.1 Kombi vans with no bed and no pop top for £75k
£75k and I had a 4M California Ocean for £79k
The worlds gone mad

Tried the DE configurator. 6.1 4M still on there, only in combination with DSM, though. Configured my ideal: far too expensive, in the end!

We will drive our T5 4M until she dies...

Tried the DE configurator. 6.1 4M still on there, only in combination with DSM, though. Configured my ideal: far too expensive, in the end!

We will drive our T5 4M until she dies...
What’s DSM?
My Sister and her Husband have a 20 year Old Ford Galaxy and it’s still going strong.
So there is hope.
Just need to keep channels clear of debris, so no rot sets in.
And maintenance. Every year.
Is the T5 bulletproof?
No worries with the engine eating itself ?

What’s DSM?
My Sister and her Husband have a 20 year Old Ford Galaxy and it’s still going strong.
So there is hope.
Just need to keep channels clear of debris, so no rot sets in.
And maintenance. Every year.
Is the T5 bulletproof?
No worries with the engine eating itself ?
I think it's meant as DSG. When I ordered my Coast I had the option of 204HP 6MT + 4Mo. But all the reviews said the DSG transmission was a perfect match for the power train, and after some great experiences with the Audi Quattro/DSG S4, decided to choose that option. Zero regrets.

Back