Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No news from Hotel California?

Was just going to share some thoughts. And didn’t want to start gossip on the forum which would be counter productive.
If you put @skynet.be behind my name, you reach me by e-mail.

As his profile and picture is gone, I suspect he is gone too?
He had a difference of opinion with a Mod.
and then sold his Cali, or went off into space.

There's no private messages or emails needed.
You had to be there. :)

He had a difference of opinion with a Mod.
and then sold his Cali, or went off into space.

There's no private messages or emails needed.
You had to be there. :)
I have nothing to do with the mods, so I didn't have to be there.
Just found his last? post, and it wasn't positive, so I could understand if he left.
Felt things were getting harsh sometimes, so I don't blame him for leaving.

I have thought of it too, and a while ago, I was going to quit too, but decided to hang around just a little more. We'll see...

I’m sure he’s still on the Facebook group.
Has Matt left too…?

I’m sure he’s still on the Facebook group.
Has Matt left too…?

Not a Mod, but Mike (T6CFO) has been gone a while, and at about the same time. He kept sending me PMs psychoanalysing me until I could stand it no more and asked him to stop. He seemed surprised that I was irritated by it.

As a simple minded, long term member of what l like to call "The Cali family", could someone in the know, please explain to me WTF is going on behind the scenes.
It would seem there's some sort of internal rot that is killing off all the old branches of the family tree.
Answers by pm if you don't want to put your head above the parapet. Anonymity will be respected.

Just like any any forum and this one not being an exception people just get fed up with the same old same old day after day.
This is a camper van forum and there are other things in people’s lives.
Thanks Pete, perhaps it's just a case of me overthinking it again, but when someone that has the strapline to their Avatar, "but you can never leave" leaves, having been such a staunch supporter of the forum over the years, just made me think that the forum might be in need of a vaccination.
I'll just hang around for a while in case any new members don't understand the difference between rust and corrosion, or the difference between paintwork warranty and bodywork warrranty.
p.s. I've been double jabbed.

As a simple minded, long term member of what l like to call "The Cali family", could someone in the know, please explain to me WTF is going on behind the scenes.
It would seem there's some sort of internal rot that is killing off all the old branches of the family tree.
Answers by pm if you don't want to put your head above the parapet. Anonymity will be respected.
I like that idea of the Cali family, all helping each other where we can, its the whole point of joining this forum for me anyway but sometimes it gets a bit out of hand.
At which point I resort to the reasons I have the Cali, work, pleasure and making memories.
Also recently found the "ignore thread " button which also helps.

Last edited:
I like that idea of the Cali family, all helping each other where we can, its the whole point of joining this forum for me anyway but sometimes it gets a bit out of hand.
At which point I resort to the reasons I have the Cali, work, pleasure and making memories.
Also recently found the "ignore thread " button which also helps.
You have forgotten to mention that this is a profit making forum. (Club) And without you and all the other VIP and Lifetime members It wouldn’t be here. Like most forums( Clubs) it is very handy if you have a problem with your van and the Members on here tend to have more knowledge than VW themselves. Yes it costs money to run a forum ( Club) but would love to actually see what profit the company makes from you per year profit on parts sales alone. This will wind so many people up that have been on here since before the dinosaurs.

You have forgotten to mention that this is a profit making forum. (Club) And without you and all the other VIP and Lifetime members It wouldn’t be here. Like most forums( Clubs) it is very handy if you have a problem with your van and the Members on here tend to have more knowledge than VW themselves. Yes it costs money to run a forum ( Club) but would love to actually see what profit the company makes from you per year profit on parts sales alone. This will wind so many people up that have been on here since before the dinosaurs.
And the relevance to HC is…?

Thanks for checking up on me @Wesel , i did not log in for two months , from 22th march until today 23th may.
Sad to see some even managed to turn a genuine post asking why i was abcent so long in to dreadfull discussions not even close to the OP's question.
That was the main reason i stayed away from the forum the last two months as most of the comments that came in that periode (end of march) had not much to do with VW California's anyway. I saw it comming in the days before i took the dicision to log out for a while.
View attachment 59710
THIS

As far as I am aware, the ‘club’ shop is a separate entity to the forum. How hard can it be to pay a few quid a year for all this entertainment? :thumb

Back