Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No news from Hotel California?

Wesel

Wesel

Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
No news from Hotel California? He usually post very regularly, and since March 22 nothing.
I hope he is doing well. Since his silence to much posts for subjects already often discussed.
He used to recall good practices, sometimes a bit rough, but often useful

Your quite right.

I was wondering.

Sent him a PM

Mike

I can understand some staying off the forum so little about campervan passion too much political opinions & COVID.debate I am ready to log off the forum until I am dead or 2021
Agreed
Really need some camping stories, lovley places campsites visited .recommendations ect ect this site is definitely getting too grown up for me!!!!!
Boooooorin!!!!!!

Camping stories are a bit hard at the minute.
You can always ignore the Covid thread...?
It’s your choice what you read.
Covid is a big deal, you can’t blame people for wanting to discuss it.

Things do become stale on any forum, but I believe there is a real great variety of people here and I find many of the conversations interesting or enlightening, even if I don’t always agree with some posts...

I got the tent out of the attic today. Camping in the garden with the boys tomorrow night. In the morning, frying bacon on the Cadac for bacon and fresh egg rolls.
How about a small camp fire with roasted marsh mallows, if you can source some? Find some long sticks and let them do their own. Our grandkids love that sort of activity.

If you have some spare bricks or paving, build a small hearth to protect the grass and bingo, you'll earn maximum brownie points. A double layer should avoid any heat damage to the grass.

Roast Chicken for lunch?

Sorry Tom, couldn't resist.

Some people are naturally very worried and I can totally understand why they might want to keep off here as stuff does get minutely dissected from every angle. It’s hard to ignore and almost every thread has some inference to it.

My daughter had my first grandchild 7 weeks ago (and 7 weeks prem) and took the wise decision to ignore the news and social media when they got him home.... they’re happy just doing their own thing but we miss going to see them.

Some people are naturally very worried and I can totally understand why they might want to keep off here as stuff does get minutely dissected from every angle. It’s hard to ignore and almost every thread has some inference to it.

My daughter had my first grandchild 7 weeks ago (and 7 weeks prem) and took the wise decision to ignore the news and social media when they got him home.... they’re happy just doing their own thing but we miss going to see them.
Congratulation Granddad.

Jack was 7 weeks premature after Clare spent six weeks in hospital with a placenta previa. 50 Years ago 7 weeks premature would be a cause for concern; it is almost routine now.

D3FA5312-016D-4109-866E-EBD714266169.jpeg
we had a night in our beach last night in the driveway. BBQ, marshmallows, but all retreated inside this morning to warm up as it was a bit foggy here before the sun burned it off!
only got the van late last year so not really had a chance to properly use it yet.
plan to drive to golf de roses next year, so any recommendations for places to stop through France would be good to hear.

View attachment 58037
we had a night in our beach last night in the driveway. BBQ, marshmallows, but all retreated inside this morning to warm up as it was a bit foggy here before the sun burned it off!
only got the van late last year so not really had a chance to properly use it yet.
plan to drive to golf de roses next year, so any recommendations for places to stop through France would be good to hear.
Lovely. We also got our new Beach in late October and have only covered just under 1400 miles to date. So you're not alone.

Come back @hotel california we do miss you but I do like this forum as there are obviously some intelligent members on here and some of the off topic threads are very interesting to read, I must admit if it was just California related posts on here I would not log in very often as it's just the same questions recycled over and over again

I got the tent out of the attic today. Camping in the garden with the boys tomorrow night. In the morning, frying bacon on the Cadac for bacon and fresh egg rolls.
any fresh eggs ?

Congratulations we hope it won’t be too long before you can visit

Congratulation Granddad.

Jack was 7 weeks premature after Clare spent six weeks in hospital with a placenta previa. 50 Years ago 7 weeks premature would be a cause for concern; it is almost routine now.

My children, who's birthdays are today (twins), should have been born mid-June. That was 49 years ago.

I always used to say there was nothing wrong with my twins as long as they were asleep at their Grandma's. Now all grown up and living in London I actually miss them...……….(That's the twins that are grown up not me).

Ben Goldacre (of “Bad Science” fame) is very funny about the Daily Fail - he lists all the things the paper claims causes cancer and those that prevent cancer. Some items are on both lists! Having said that, processed meat is certainly not very healthy.

Processed meat is certainly a ticking time bomb, our local butcher does nitrate free bacon and it's delicious

Processed meat is certainly a ticking time bomb, our local butcher does nitrate free bacon and it's delicious
You can't beat a decent breakfast made by cutting a couple of rashers from your own side of home cured bacon, collecting two or three eggs from your free range hens and frying it all up to make a hearty meal fit for a king.
The downside for some is that a pig has to be slaughtered to provide the bacon.

You can't beat a decent breakfast made by cutting a couple of rashers from your own side of home cured bacon, collecting two or three eggs from your free range hens and frying it all up to make a hearty meal fit for a king.
The downside for some is that a pig has to be slaughtered to provide the bacon.
Cutting a couple of rashers might prove difficult if the pig hadn't been slaughtered. I suspect it might strongly object.

Back