Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway 2016/17

I'm really enjoying this thread, even though I am Norwegian. I'm so glad to see that the vast majority of you are enjoying the country. Actually, I think most of you have seen more of northern Norway than I have now, and I envy you that!

I live in Drammen, Buskerud, just 25 minutes from Oslo, and if anyone of you is nearby we would be more than happy to accommodate you, answer questions, serve some coffe or anything else! Just PM me and I'll read it within a few hours, usually :)

I'm really enjoying this thread, even though I am Norwegian. I'm so glad to see that the vast majority of you are enjoying the country. Actually, I think most of you have seen more of northern Norway than I have now, and I envy you that!

I live in Drammen, Buskerud, just 25 minutes from Oslo, and if anyone of you is nearby we would be more than happy to accommodate you, answer questions, serve some coffe or anything else! Just PM me and I'll read it within a few hours, usually :)
Might take you up on that. Driving to Tromso, via Sweden 2nd week of May then back down through Norway, passing Oslo 4th week.

Last edited:

My partner is Norwegian and she had never seen much of the south of Norway which inspired my first trip up through Norway. Now we are lucky to be able to live here but I do envy your location a little. I remember seeing the Aass brewery in big lights passing through on the train once.
Equally the same invitation goes out from where we are, anyone is welcome for some coffee and cake :) Nobody ever passes through Beiarn though as its off the beaten track.

My partner is Norwegian and she had never seen much of the south of Norway which inspired my first trip up through Norway. Now we are lucky to be able to live here but I do envy your location a little. I remember seeing the Aass brewery in big lights passing through on the train once.
Equally the same invitation goes out from where we are, anyone is welcome for some coffee and cake :) Nobody ever passes through Beiarn though as its off the beaten track.
3rd week of May, I'll be passing. Might surprise you.
Visiting the Arctic Circle Centre, for a particular reason.

Last edited:
3rd week of May, I'll be passing. Might surprise you.
Visiting the Arctic Circle Centre, for a particular reason.
Veldig Bra! We get back from Crete on the 21st :thumb
The arctic circle centre is always shut every time I go. There's a really good free visitor centre a little further up the road at Storjord just after the Junkerdal road to Sweden. We took our friends from Newcastle last year and they loved it.

Veldig Bra! We get back from Crete on the 21st :thumb
The arctic circle centre is always shut every time I go. There's a really good free visitor centre a little further up the road at Storjord just after the Junkerdal road to Sweden. We took our friends from Newcastle last year and they loved it.
Opens 1st May. 0800 - 2200 hrs

Fantastic! Give me a heads up, I am on paternal leave so I have time for a little sightseeing. I'll stroll our way through Drammen and its surroundings,pubs,breweries, a few scenic places if you'd like!

Motorhomes can stay overnight, that is in the admission price, about 240 NK. The Centre Toilet facilities are open 24/7 but the Bar, Coffee Shop, Shop and Restaurant are only open 11am to 1am. There are NO external water taps or electrical hook-ups. Lots of coaches arrive in the evening to see the Midnight Sun and leave about 12.30am.
The Centre is very informative, not glitzy or tacky. Definitely NOT like Lands End.
Hi I'm thinking of doing a trip to Finland and north to Norway. Did you take out a Toll payment scheme for Norway ? or just went and dyed as you go?
Cheers
David

Hi I'm thinking of doing a trip to Finland and north to Norway. Did you take out a Toll payment scheme for Norway ? or just went and dyed as you go?
Cheers
David
I registered with Autopass , see link below, and chose Option 2.

Some ferries now use the same system.

You also get some nice discounts with Autopass tag