Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway is opening up

I don’t suppose anybody is thinking or travelling to Norway in the next few months? had an itch for a long Norway trip in my cali since 2018 and have had to cancel twice already.

norwegian entry rules seem rather complicated and I’ve heard anecdotally they won’t accept U.K. proof of vaccination because we can’t use the EU Covid app or a QR code. even you NHS app thing isn’t accepted (we don’t have it in Scotland).

also, U.K. is dark red on their map, so I believe quarantine/limited entry is applicable.

but what if we spent 10 days in Denmark/Sweden and crossed over to Norway way up north?

but what if we spent 10 days in Denmark/Sweden and crossed over to Norway way up north?
You would still need proof that you are fully vacinated against or have recently recovered from Covid. If your UK/non-EU proof is not accepted, than it will have to be a combination of negative test and quarantaine.
But all these rules are not set in stone, just check regularly…

We, too, have ferries booked for Scandinavia, transferred tickets from last year, and are now keeping our fingers crossed that rules won’t change between now and our scheduled departure…

I don’t suppose anybody is thinking or travelling to Norway in the next few months? had an itch for a long Norway trip in my cali since 2018 and have had to cancel twice already.

norwegian entry rules seem rather complicated and I’ve heard anecdotally they won’t accept U.K. proof of vaccination because we can’t use the EU Covid app or a QR code. even you NHS app thing isn’t accepted (we don’t have it in Scotland).

also, U.K. is dark red on their map, so I believe quarantine/limited entry is applicable.

Rules are pretty simple. Eu covid certificate, green map resident clear, dark red prohibited, rest with various quarantines.
Zone identified by residency, doesn't matter if spent a year in a green.
Going this week from green with EU certificate but still ready for some fkup :D

But all these rules are not set in stone, just check regularly…
More like expect how they enforce them at the moment.
Last year they were totally shut outside EU, though were crowds of MidEast tourists. Most on Sweedish rental cars. As they had no border controls with Sweeden.
Was pretty relaxed with Denmark border too.

Slight correction. Dark red can enter and quarantine. Keep in mind that quarantine is more strict this year with special hotels 500nok a day.
Can't quarantine in a camping or forest like last year.

I'm due back over there soon. I've got a helsenorge passport with my D number so I've shown my UK vaccination and they load up onto their system. That means no quarantine even with UK being dark red. It also says:

Who can travel to Norway?
You cannot travel to Norway if you are:

a tourist (does not apply to travellers from green countries or regions)
an EU/EEA citizen (including citizens of the Nordic countries) who is working or studying in Norway who is not exempt
a business traveller
a foreign citizen with a Schengen-visa who is not exempt
a person who has a leisure property in Norway but who is not a resident.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

I'm due back over there soon. I've got a helsenorge passport with my D number so I've shown my UK vaccination and they load up onto their system. That means no quarantine even with UK being dark red. It also says:

Who can travel to Norway?
You cannot travel to Norway if you are:

a tourist (does not apply to travellers from green countries or regions)
an EU/EEA citizen (including citizens of the Nordic countries) who is working or studying in Norway who is not exempt
a business traveller
a foreign citizen with a Schengen-visa who is not exempt
a person who has a leisure property in Norway but who is not a resident.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
That looks like everyone is barred except you.

Udi.no:

The United Kingdom

Please note that this [travel with Eu coronapass] does not apply to the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom is not a member of the EU's digital COVID-19 certificate scheme and you cannot travel to Norway with a COVID-19 certificate from the United Kingdom.

Countries outside the EU/EEA Area​

COVID-19 certificates from countries outside the EU/EEA Area are not accepted as documentation.

If you live in a country outside the EU/EEA but have a valid EU/EEA COVID-19 certificate proving that you have been fully vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 during the last six months, you can use this to travel to Norway.”

so the underlined bit implies to me that a Drs letter, proving that my family all had Covid last week, should open the doors.

Why are we outside EEA? Madness.
If we weren't we would be closing down rather than opening up. You obviously don't agree but that is your perogative.