Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Club Meet NOW THIS! Dates for the 2019 Meet in Denmark are now official!

RSVP  Print

Event start date: Friday 30-08-2019
Event end date: Sunday 01-09-2019
Registration ends: Friday 30-08-2019
Do not travel much to France but I could be persuaded, even better we could go to Belgium more often too. Do you basically pay for tickets up front and use them as and when within a year?

Yes - you pay the base amount of GBP 460 for 10 single trips (5 returns), and then if you go in peak periods / have high vehicle / pets you pay extra as needed. The extra for a Cali as a high vehicle >1.85m is GBP 12 per trip. On a previous trip I had to pay a Peak Supplement of GBP 20. Therefore even in peak periods it is 78 each way for a Cali.
Looks like pets are 19 each, each way. Have travelled with dog and cats in the past and pretty straightforward, and they have an exercise area by the parking.
I have had no issues with Cali and gas bottles - they just ask if the gas has been turned off at the source, and wave you through.
From what I read you can also let friends/family use unused trips on your account.
I have generally found Eurotunnel very flexible and have used the tunnel pretty much exclusively from when it opened.

We're taking the tunnel (but have cheap frequent traveller tickets so seems a no-brainer), and taking a few days through to Sweden and taking early morning from Ystad to Bornholm, and back to Koge on the Sunday before a sprint back to UK due to school starting on the Wed. Hoping to stop at Campercentrum on way up or back to at least see what all the good comments and vibes are about....
Looking forward to meeting many of you there, Mike

Nice round trip :)

Only 8 places left!

So @Jabberwocky and others that should not miss out – its time to book now :)
We are still undecided.
I know, I know.......
Currently we are in France on our way to the Il de re, staying on the municipal site just behind the centre of St Martin. Get back on 11 July and will have to get off the fence then!

I just realised we had cancelled our 3 weeks to Norway so have now extended our Denmark trip to 3 weeks instead :D Means we may well get some good time to explore the area a little more properly. :D Maybe even dip our toes into a few nearby places :D

We are still undecided.
I know, I know.......
Currently we are in France on our way to the Il de re, staying on the municipal site just behind the centre of St Martin. Get back on 11 July and will have to get off the fence then!
We are heading south the 9. July … just missing out on you in France :)

I just realised we had cancelled our 3 weeks to Norway so have now extended our Denmark trip to 3 weeks instead :D Means we may well get some good time to explore the area a little more properly. :D Maybe even dip our toes into a few nearby places :D

Let me know if you need tips, and if you are near Copenhagen, you are welcome in our drive if we are home :)

Quick question for folks regarding the ferry from Sassnitz? We have a beach is car the correct booking? It says less than 6m long and 4m tall = car. The campervan options are massive so Im assuming they are for big motorhomes?

Quick question for folks regarding the ferry from Sassnitz? We have a beach is car the correct booking? It says less than 6m long and 4m tall = car. The campervan options are massive so Im assuming they are for big motorhomes?

That is how I would book …

The meet is getting close now , there are still a few places availeble .
So if anyone is from arround that area / on a trip in northern europe you can still join or you could get away from the UK and come over !
We done the Demark meet at Romo last year and had a great time , @Kmann does know how to organise a meet in great places .
I know @MattBW is joining but unsure about other names .
Please if you are going give me a sing....

Looking for some recommendations for the trip from the tunnel up to Sassnitz.

Our current plan is arrive in Bruges on Monday night, then spend 3 days getting to Sassnitz ready for our ferry just before lunch on Friday.

Looking for about 4 hours a day driving over those 3 days and some places to stay along the way. Any recommendations?

We are not able to come to Demark to repeat last years experience as we have just moved into a new house and are up to our eye is cardboard boxes. So unpacking is the current priority. We hope to get a short break later in September in the UK.

As Iben and Henrik are the maestri, I am sure this meet will surpass the one they organised last year on Rømø.

Enjoy the event one and all.

Liz and Alan.

Almost Sold Out … But We still have a few places left if you want to join this meet.

421F217C-89C1-4792-9722-C3368EE0D95B.jpeg
B6E54B9B-B66D-4E1B-9729-168DA9FD2CBF.jpeg
Here we come.....